Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow that splash art for UCM looks so good!! I really have no idea what they’re gonna do for HOB2 apparently a lot since that maze is HUGE (from what I’ve seen in pictures) I’m not gonna poop on it completely until I see it because I’m at least intrigued to see how you can take a property as bad as Truth or Dare and put it into a maze.

By the way, Monster Masquerade sounds like a potential sleeper hit. Apparently inspired by The Hunchback of Notre Dame & The Phantom of the Opera.

Bet they stick it on French Street and have it serve as a sort of exit to the maze. Actors can conceivably access their hides through French Street anyway, since they'll be "in-theme."

So AHS has joined The Conjuring and IT in terms of IPs who's owners are holding onto them with a tight grip from now on.

I would argue AHS is perhaps the one potential exception to the FOX/Disney rule... but it's still a long shot.

Ryan Murphy has a tremendous amount of influence in the industry; he's a true television auteur, one that Netflix was willing to spend insane amounts of money to poach from FOX. There exists a possibility that he could personally push for AHS to return to the event, despite Disney's potential objections.

Then again, influential forces couldn't get Halloween 2018 to the event this year... and some of those folks have comparable pull to Ryan Murphy.

Quick legal note on AHS and Fox/Disney merger.

The merger has not gone yet so AHS is still a Fox IP. If and when the merger goes through any contracts that Fox had still have to be honored. So if it was a 3 year contract, as was heavily rumored, then Fox owes Universal some money. Now if the contract was a three year opt out (Fox can opt out after any year) then it is possible that Fox made the decision.

More likely this was an HHN decision.

So far this the lineup is not bad. Pretty stoked for this year. Id say there is only 1 maze that I'm least excited for. This maybe better than 2017.

Only warning -

Do not post any screengrab of anything that has not been officially released by Universal themselves.

Violating the rule will result in an automatic 1-year ban.

Thanks for understanding.
Sorry about that, figured it was ok since it was on their website :-/