Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m just gonna ignore (partially) the inside info and do something crazy, speculate.
What if Blumhouse 2 is gonna feature a preview of Halloween 2018?
People with inside info or who only believe that stuff are probably gonna shut be down, but this is fun so hear me out. At last year’s opening night John expressed interest about said movie in and interview then Jason Blum said he was gonna get him a script. So that lead us to believe, along with the original leaked lineup, that Halloween 2018 will be featured at the event. When it came out that it wouldn’t be Halloween 2018 and would instead be Halloween 4 what if that was just perhaps one of their thoughts to replace the entire maze. So taking a step back, why would Halloween 2018 not be featured at the event? It’s universal, John wants it, Jason wants John to do it, maybe someone else involved with production who had more say (carpenter perhaps?) didn’t want the entirety of the movie spoiled. So maybe while considering their options they talked it out and said something like “well, what if we only do a scene or two, stuff that’s represented in the trailers and wouldn’t give much away, in a Blumhouse compilation maze?” Perhaps that was an idea and perhaps it was shut down and they are doing a maze solely based on Halloween 4. Or Halloween 4, a movie I don’t really think many care about nowadays, was one of their backup options but they instead decided to put 2018 into Blumhouse 2?
Like I said, probably gonna get shut down by those with inside info. But this is a speculation thread, so I’m gonna speculate

That makes sense, but just on a visceral level, two Michael mazes is just too much Michael.

Ouija was originally supposed to be in Orlando’s Horrors of Blumhouse though, before Hasbro got it Purged. It seems like Uni would still wanna do it though considering they attempted last year even though the sequel came out in 2016.

I’m predicting Horrors of Blumhouse 2 featuring Sinister, Get Out, Ouija or ???. Just a though on Insidious, but could he be meaning no as in not a full on maze or no as in not happening? I wanna say ToD could come because it was a financial success but nobody seemed to like it and John hasn’t seen it.

We'll just have to see, although I think that something like striking a deal with Lionsgate to nab, something like, iunno, Lords of Salem or the Bay would be the likeliest course of action.

EDIT: Wait guys

Unlikely to have returning characters. (POSSIBLE) strike for Sinister!

Last edited:
Well.....now that we know Bumhouse is a sure thing (That was not a typo), what do you guys expect? I'm going to say Insidious, Truth or Dare, and Sinister. Maaaaayyyybe Get Out if we're lucky (Although that would be the only redeeming factor for this maze). C'mon, you know Murdy is going include Insidious. The GP loves it and he can just copy+paste scenes from past houses. It would be painfully easy for him.

I could see Get Out being a possibility as the Purge will likely get its own house and the new one, from what I read, had a LOT of controversial material in there.

Betting on Sinister and Get Out..that said, Split would make sense, as that'd be albeit large for Universal, and was released with Blumhouse (Regardless of Glass or Unbreakable).

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
So it seems for Blumhouse the 2 safest bets are Get Out and Sinister, with the 3rd wild card IP being Split, Ouija, or Halloween 2018. I think Split would be the likeliest, would love Ouija but unless Hasbro approves it would be a no go.

Just you all wait, HoB V.2 is gonna be, according to Murdy in November/December, the "highest rated maze" from "polls" conducted on "fans" this year; I'm calling it.

Reactions: chris.g
Just you all wait, HoB V.2 is gonna be, according to Murdy in November/December, the "highest rated maze" from "polls" conducted on "fans" this year; I'm calling it.
Could you imagine if Hob2 tops over Stranger Things? Something wouldn't be right

Last edited:
No returning characters eh?... well that would cancel out Chucky. And technically, that'd also cancel out Michael Myers, unless its only "No returning characters from last year". Thats the problem with Murdy's vague-ness. At least Orlando had the decency to announce they'd have 10 houses, ___ # of scarezones, etc and it was done BEFORE most was announced.

Could you imagine if Hob2 tops over Stranger Things? Something wouldn't be right?

I'm hoping Stranger Things and Trick 'r Treat (my two mazes I'm looking forward to, based on what we're finding out) turn out to be 2016 quality; yet, something tells me Murdy is gonna surprise us with a "revelation", like how last year's Insidious was the "highest ranked maze".

I think Stranger Things has the highest chance for HoTY solely because it’s so hyped, and it’s in a SS which is a huge plus.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Poltergeist or TrT ends up a dark horse contender for the title as well since both will have a lot of nostalgia backing them. Another potential contender could be Blumhouse if Get Out is involved, I’m a huge fan of Sinister but Get Out is the only property IMO that would give that tent a huge draw

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
The Horrors of Blumhouse Volume 2:Electric Boogaloo featuring Halloween: the missing titan of terror, Get Out: into the "Controversial" place, and Sinister: Cuz...meh
Dont worry they got it right this time :grin: (I'm also betting these will all be featured in the maze, but idk)