Going in May 2014 to US Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

Going in May 2014 to US Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 9, 2013
The Netherlands
I'm planning to go in May 2014 to Universal Studios ORLANDO. I know this is a forum focussed on the Los Angeles branch, but I was hoping if someone could advise me what the best day is to go so that the park is not crowded. We're going in the range of May 11 - 23.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Wizarding World Diagon Alley is supposed to soft open in May (based on rumors) so you might get lucky and see it! Wish you luck and fun on your trip! I'm sure a few members from here can advice you (for those who have been) but if not, you can always ask one of the fine folks from OrlandoUnited.com

Also a great site! They might know a bit more in terms of when is the best time to go during that month, since there's so many frequenters on that site who have probably had experience with that month before.

Really jealous that you get to go though!

That's an interesting time frame. Spring break should be over at that point, but the attraction of Diagon Alley might cause moderate-to-heavy crowds if people catch wind that it's open. It's a wash, but I would probably get there as early as possible if you're not a Potter fan and you're fine with possibly missing the newest additions. Try to push for your latter dates if you want to try to catch Potter like Allen mentioned.

Keep your ears open for the podcast Universal is holding in January where they will announce details for Diagon Alley, and they will probably give you an opening date so you can work with that to find out when it will possibly soft open and in turn when it'll be busy.

I would steer clear of May.  East Coast Spring Break is very different from the west coast.  Spring Break begins in March and peak crowds run through the terribly humid summer months.  If you want fewer crowds, there is no better time than September and early December (not to mention very cheap airfare).

Diagon Alley is located where JAWS was at USF.  Possible soft opening in May with a June grand opening for Diagon Alley.  Both parks will be nightmares!

Well, I'm stuck to those 2 weeks in May so switching to September is not an option. Hope the park won't be crowded because of Harry Potter.

I thought it was safe from Spring Break at that time.

Well, I'm stuck to those 2 weeks in May so switching to September is not an option. Hope the park won't be crowded because of Harry Potter.

I thought it was safe from Spring Break at that time.
Once Potter soft-opens at USF, there will be no safe time for the next few years. Your best bet would be going as soon as possible.

If you can afford it, I'd buy their Universal Express pass for your visit to help you out. Or if you're staying in one of their onsite hotels, it's included in your hotel ticket! That would greatly help you. Especially during a busy time.

Well if not, then just buy a Universal Express pass if you can afford it! I dont know how often you go to Universal Orlando, but if not often, and you're going at a busy time, I think itll be worth it!

We're thinking of planning an extra day in Orlando and then buy the 3 day park -to-park tickets since that one is only 10 dollars more expensive then the 2 day park hopper ticket we were already plannig to buy. It's weird that US and Canadian citizens get the third day for free, why the rest of the world not? Our goal is to go to Universal on a day not being in the weekends. Perhaps the third day I can remain seated in the T23D auditorium and watch the show for a whole day... :)

Hoping to make a new video documentary of my visit then, I'm really interested in visiting the T2 Radio Studio over there if that's possible. And hopefully more behind-the-scenes of T23D. I am thinking of emailing Universal Studios about it, but I fear they will not allow it. If anyone has advice or knows some inside man over there, please help me.

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
Not sure if you care but the chances of you being able to see Diagon Alley is about 5% for softs at the tail end of your trip. As for crowds if your there for multiple days you should be just fine as your falling between the Spring Break crowd and Summer Crowd with all schools still being in session. 

Reactions: Jon Fu
If Diagon Alley is causing me a crowded park, then I don't care. If it's not, then I care ;-)

Just hoping for a quiet day in the park, don't want to wait in line for an hour for just a single attraction. That really screws up my day and my mood.

Haven't been able to follow all the topics and haven't found anything about it yet, but is there something known bout Diagon's Alley in USF? When it will (soft) open?

Hey everybody!
I've also been planning on going to Orlando next year, and just wanted to ask, when would be the best time to visit Universal Studios, so it isn't crowded. I've been thinking of going there somewhere around summer (july-august), and I'm already looking for cheap hotels at http://orlando.hotelscheap.org/ for me and my girlfriend. The thing is, we would be flying in from Germany, so I really need to know the date soon, I'm thankful for any advice!

Hey everybody!

I've also been planning on going to Orlando next year, and just wanted to ask, when would be the best time to visit Universal Studios, so it isn't crowded. I've been thinking of going there somewhere around summer (july-august), and I'm already looking for cheap hotels at http://orlando.hotelscheap.org/ for me and my girlfriend. The thing is, we would be flying in from Germany, so I really need to know the date soon, I'm thankful for any advice!
Though I'm sure some other members on the forums would be able to help you out, we specialize more in Hollywood's park. Haha. I'd suggest going over to www.orlandoinformer.com for some really helpful planning information. Their website features crowd calendars, tips of all sorts, and a lot more. Check it out.

Reactions: Gary89
Though I'm sure some other members on the forums would be able to help you out, we specialize more in Hollywood's park. Haha. I'd suggest going over to www.orlandoinformer.com for some really helpful planning information. Their website features crowd calendars, tips of all sorts, and a lot more. Check it out.
Thank you for the quick response! Oh I'm sorry, guess i didn't see that :unsure:   But thanks for the website link, the site is a huge help! :)