Godzilla Ride at Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride at Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 31, 2013
Somewhere in Texas
Im new here and so Im not sure if this is the right place to post this idea.

As you know, a new Godzilla film arrives in theaters next year. The company that owns the rights of Godzilla (Legendary Pictures)ended his partnership with Warner Bros. and now has partnership with Universal Pictures, if the movie becomes a success at box office, Universal should bring the king of monsters to Universal Orlando and I think the best place for a Godzilla ride it's the San Francisco area. In the new movie, Godzilla (and other monsters) attacks San Francisco. This could be adapted to the S.F. area at Universal and transform the Disaster ride into a Godzilla ride! :lock1:

What do you think about this idea?

That'd be pretty interesting! We have speculated / daydreamed about a Tokyo mini-land in the space behind Men in Black and Simpsons with a Godzilla ride, but I guess I never thought to consider where the new movie actually took place :p (I still want that Tokyo mini land with or without the big lizard!)

Maybe Disaster's Kong overlay was scrapped in favor of a Godzilla overlay? :shrug: Either way, it's a fun possibility to keep in consideration! :thumbs:

If they were to overlay DISASTER for Godzilla, they'd have to do away with a decent chunk on the existing ride and add on, or make the train an above ground subway train for the big guy to be seen and wreak havoc. Or if they go above ground, the ride vehicles could be themed to trolleys since the movie takes place in San Fran??? :shrug:

Let's just make this Kong expansion into an "oversized animals" expansion. Kong, Godzilla... Cloverfield... Honey BooBoo's mom... whatever...

What about Clifford the Big Red Dog? :pound:

I am hoping for some huge new AAs in the park. :pray:

Six Flags already got the rights. In fact, here's a teaser:

godzilla-3.gif

In all seriousness if the new movie is successful I could see something happening.

What about Clifford the Big Red Dog? :pound:

I am hoping for some huge new AAs in the park. :pray:

A Honey Boo-Boo interactive AA experience will be happening next to the Bill Paxton experience...you heard it here first..

Godzilla would be a perfect fit for Universal..I believe they are in some kind of deal with Legendary Pictures at the moment

They can Open up a bar in Citywalk based on the real monsters

Imagine the sign being wood with Godzilla and Kong on a bar stool, a T-rex behing the bar serving a beer and jaws on the floor drunk, throwing up a leg

I think Disaster could be the place for a big robot/big monster ride. Remember Uni NEVER retells the movie but adds a new story to it so Godzilla or whatever big crap movie monster thing could come to New York next. The ride from the station to the effects stage could be 1 long movie like they did with King Kong.
Lets hope they cut some of the pre show rooms.

I would love to see a Godzilla attraction at Universal! The trailer for the movie looks amazing. Let's hope the movie is very good and a box office hit.

Pretty sure Legendary Pictures and Universal only acquired film rights, not necessarily theme-park/merchandising rights. Godzilla is owned by Toho, who is pretty protective of the character. I'm surprised they even allowed an American company to take another crack at him. Anyway, hasn't HTF pretty much said Kong is set in stone for Disaster?

Pretty sure Legendary Pictures and Universal only acquired film rights, not necessarily theme-park/merchandising rights. Godzilla is owned by Toho, who is pretty protective of the character. I'm surprised they even allowed an American company to take another crack at him. Anyway, hasn't HTF pretty much said Kong is set in stone for Disaster?

Kong may have gotten bigger and better with an whole new ride inbetween Toon Lagoon and JP, and disaster stay disaster.

Im not sure if a Kong ride in between TL and JP would be the best decision, I mean, it would be a stand alone ride between two different themed islands, I think Kong should stay at USF unless Universal creates a whole Skull island area... but at this moment I would be more excited if Godzilla replaces Disaster instead of Kong

Im not sure if a Kong ride in between TL and JP would be the best decision, I mean, it would be a stand alone ride between two different themed islands, I think Kong should stay at USF unless Universal creates a whole Skull island area... but at this moment I would be more excited if Godzilla replaces Disaster instead of Kong
Just to let you know the area behind JPRA andnext to Ripsaw Falls will become skull island per word of HTF