George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is at D23 they will announce:

Pixar Place Expansion: RSR, Ratatouille Dark Ride, Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster, with some form of restaurant (now rumored to be Flo's V8 Diner, although with DHS already having 3 American style diners I am hoping for a Gusteau's).
Placemaking around Star Tours, Mos Eisley Cantina, And permanent indoor Jedi Training Academy.

Oh, and throw out more nondescript Avatar stuff, possibly even vague concept art.

That sounds awesome but seems like a lot of attractions for Hollywood Studios and not much else for the rest of WDW. However, I really want that indoor Jedi show with Yoda and Vader!!! I also think Ratatouille fits more as a restaurant than a ride.

It depends on what you class as 'bombing' if say it hasn't improved occupancy or even improve the costs of the resort in say 2/3 years time I would consider that 'bombed'. The pixie pushers will defend anything so you have a point...

I also think that DHS needs more family attractions. I'm surprised they don't get the Monsters Inc Ride and Seek ride instead of a coaster.

I think hoping for the Rata ride is a HUGE hope. I don't see that coming anywhere close to the final plan.

My guess is it will not be the same rat ride that paris is getting. It will be the difference as between Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo, and Pooh in the MK. And I also don't think the Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster will end up being an E-Ticket either. So basically be 1 E-Ticket and 2 D-tickets. And I also expect the facades to be the rather plan PIXAR Studios "custom colored" bricks that TSMM has for it's exterior. And no attraction coming to Tatooine other than Star Tours. But some serious rethemeing, getting rid of the At-At and lame Ewok village into a mini Mos Eisley Spaceport from A New Hope.

Mos_Eisley_btm.jpg

My guess is it will not be the same rat ride that paris is getting. It will be the difference as between Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo, and Pooh in the MK. And I also don't think the Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster will end up being an E-Ticket either. So basically be 1 E-Ticket and 2 D-tickets. And I also expect the facades to be the rather plan PIXAR Studios "custom colored" bricks that TSMM has for it's exterior. And no attraction coming to Tatooine other than Star Tours. But some serious rethemeing, getting rid of the At-At and lame Ewok village into a mini Mos Eisley Spaceport from A New Hope.

Mos_Eisley_btm.jpg

But you think the Indoor Jedi show will happen?

My guess is it will not be the same rat ride that paris is getting. It will be the difference as between Pooh's Honey Hunt in Tokyo, and Pooh in the MK. And I also don't think the Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster will end up being an E-Ticket either. So basically be 1 E-Ticket and 2 D-tickets.

I wouldn't really call Pooh a D-ticket though.:lol:

Also, Monsters was going to be a D all along, as far as I know.

I wouldn't really call Pooh a D-ticket though.:lol:

Also, Monsters was going to be a D all along, as far as I know.
About Pooh, personally I wouldn't either. But if this were back in the day of ticket books, because of the Pooh rides popularity, I think it would have ended up being a D-Ticket just as a way to limit the queue line.

And I know that the MI Door Coaster is planned to be a D-Ticket. But the Fanbois are all talking about it with legendary status and have convinced themselves it will be the second coming of Walt himself.

About Pooh, personally I wouldn't either. But if this were back in the day of ticket books, because of the Pooh rides popularity, I think it would have ended up being a D-Ticket just as a way to limit the queue line.

And I know that the MI Door Coaster is planned to be a D-Ticket. But the Fanbois are all talking about it with legendary status and have convinced themselves it will be the second coming of Walt himself.

That's what happens with a lot of projects that never came to be, seemingly.

I think the thing to know about Kalogridis is that he won't step in and screw things up. With the current dilapidated state of the resort, can we as fans really be that picky with who's in charge? Change is coming, and George is smart enough to stand back and let Burbank take care of things. Will he get more credit then he deserves? Probably. But if things get fixed I certainly won't give a damn. I want him to keep up his great timing, because that means we as fans won.

Oh, and throw out more nondescript Avatar stuff, possibly even vague concept art.
I definitely agree on this. I don't think they will ever just come out and say it's not happening. They'll just try and keep riding the wave of "they're working on it" until A. something actually does happen or B. It rides off into the sunset, with little to no mention.

Sooner or later it will have to be addressed. Fans are NOT going to let Disney forget about this. There will always be one person, maybe more, who will constantly bring Avatar up at shareholder meetings. The more nothing is done, the more Disney will have to admit it is dead. They will just word it to sound all magical!

Read on another forum that George got his start as a busboy at the Contemporary Resort.

Bill Davis from Universal got his start as a bartender at Busch Gardens, then moved to Seaworld.

Hopefully George will go for WDW what Bill + Comcast are doing for Universal.

Read on another forum that George got his start as a busboy at the Contemporary Resort.

Bill Davis from Universal got his start as a bartender at Busch Gardens, then moved to Seaworld.

Hopefully George will go for WDW what Bill + Comcast are doing for Universal.
Jim McPhee got his start as a parking lot attendant at EPCOT (during it's grand opening, too!). Today, he is the mastermind behind NexGen.