George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I suppose bashing Disney and its management choices on the news would of been the more mature thing to do?

Not at all. Just saying what the reality is.

- - - Updated - - -

I am betting they were holding off on a few green lights until this switch was official. The months leading to D23 in August will certainly be interesting this year.

Yea...we'll see. I'm not buying it.

Not at all. Just saying what the reality is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea...we'll see. I'm not buying it.

You don't make those switches in leadership and not greenlight new attractions. I expect new major attraction announcements for WDW and Disneyland this August. It is all a corporate game.

You don't make those switches in leadership and not greenlight new attractions. I expect new major attraction announcements for WDW and Disneyland this August. It is all a corporate game.

LOLwut? Disney changes it's leadership like this all the time. And let's not act like anything here is a big shakeup. Everyone is still employed by the company. The flying monkeys are just on different perches.

Last edited:
LOLwut? Disney changes it's leadership like this all the time. And let's not act like anything here is a big shakeup. Everyone is still employed by the company. The flying monkeys are just on different perches.

But the reality is that they'll never just fire everyone. People are weeded out. Meg Crofton is on the way out, and there's no way that's not a good thing for the company.

But the reality is that they'll never just fire everyone. People are weeded out. Meg Crofton is on the way out, and there's no way that's not a good thing for the company.

Meg's position has long been as a figurehead. Her role in all this is vastly overblown. She's not a good thing for the company, but she's mostly a scapegoat.

The entire Parks and Resorts branch needs restructuring and an infusion of completely new blood at the top.

As for this affecting additions coming to either coast: BS. I expect something announced at the Expo, but this change had absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

I disagree JungleSkip, Meg has only been a figurehead since she was moved to where she is now leaving the role as WDW President open. And she will only be where she is now until the end of her current contract expires. She presided over the biggest part of the decline of WDW. She was turning in great profit margins and everyone was happy until the OccRates started plummeting around April. That's when Burbank had to ask themselves what the hell is going on down in the swamp. The internal audits found out that instead of reinvesting what profits WDW got to keep, they were going for Exec. bonuses and Exec. Retreats instead of maintenance and entertainment upgrades (new attraction money comes from Burbank).

There will be major additions coming to WDW soon, and will be announced at D23. But it won't be because George is coming. It's simply because Burbank now realize that it has to happen. And in typical George K. style, he will be president when they come to fruition. So he will once again get all the glory. Just like he did with Carsland and DLR's renaissance. He is a master of GREAT timing.

Meg did real and tangible damage to WDW and the Disney Brand with misdirection of funds and misleading profit margins All the while, reporting to Burbank that all is well in the Swamplands. It was only after she could no longer maintain the profit margins that she got the attention of The Eye of Sauron out in Burbank. George isn't the fix, Burbank is. But George will be happy to be the figurehead sitting in the top office of TDO when things start to sparkle again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric
There will be major additions coming to WDW soon, and will be announced at D23. But it won't be because George is coming. It's simply because Burbank now realize that it has to happen. And in typical George K. style, he will be president when they come to fruition. So he will once again get all the glory. Just like he did with Carsland and DLR's renaissance. He is a master of GREAT timing.
Exactly. Even in this position, where he isn't dealt with the most desirable set of cards, he still will end up with all of the glory and the only thing he will have to worry about is NextGen. That's another thing where he could take all the credit (and did nothing) if it goes well, or it will reflect badly on him if it fails.

Meg did real and tangible damage to WDW and the Disney Brand with misdirection of funds and misleading profit margins All the while, reporting to Burbank that all is well in the Swamplands. It was only after she could no longer maintain the profit margins that she got the attention of The Eye of Sauron out in Burbank.

Sorry, but I don't buy that one iota. Weiss (who was really behind this mess) and Crofton's practices were sign, sealed, and delivered by Burbank. Let's not act like they didn't know what was going on here. And if they really didn't, I don't trust them to fix anything

Sorry, but I don't buy that one iota. Weiss (who was really behind this mess) and Crofton's practices were sign, sealed, and delivered by Burbank. Let's not act like they didn't know what was going on here. And if they really didn't, I don't trust them to fix anything
Burbank didn't know what was happening down the street from them when Pressler pulled the exact same stunt at DLR. So the fact they were clueless as to what was happening all the way across the country doesn't surprise me at all. Even though you would have thought they would have learned their lesson when Pressler did it. But they have a massive company to run and as long as the numbers were good, all is well in their eyes.

As for them fixing it, well DLR got fixed for the most part. So I am hopeful that things will turn around here. Burbank will green light new stuff. George will tidy up the maintenance issues. And WDW will be at least pointed in the right direction.

Burbank didn't know what was happening down the street from them when Pressler pulled the exact same stunt at DLR.

The Pressler situation and this are radically different. Pressler happened at the end of Eisner, when the company was all but falling apart, not at the strongest time in the company's history.

Exactly. Even in this position, where he isn't dealt with the most desirable set of cards, he still will end up with all of the glory and the only thing he will have to worry about is NextGen. That's another thing where he could take all the credit (and did nothing) if it goes well, or it will reflect badly on him if it fails.
See, I don't even think it will reflect badly on him if NextGen fails. Because it is almost fully implemented now and he can easily portray it as just one more mess he was handed when he walked in the door.

See, I don't even think it will reflect badly on him if NextGen fails. Because it is almost fully implemented now and he can easily portray it as just one more mess he was handed when he walked in the door.

Disneyhead,

Do you think this is the final nail in Avatar's blue coffin? What projects do you see happening?

Disneyhead,

Do you think this is the final nail in Avatar's blue coffin? What projects do you see happening?

My guess is at D23 they will announce:

Pixar Place Expansion: RSR, Ratatouille Dark Ride, Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster, with some form of restaurant (now rumored to be Flo's V8 Diner, although with DHS already having 3 American style diners I am hoping for a Gusteau's).
Placemaking around Star Tours, Mos Eisley Cantina, And permanent indoor Jedi Training Academy.

Oh, and throw out more nondescript Avatar stuff, possibly even vague concept art.

My guess is at D23 they will announce:

Pixar Place Expansion: RSR, Ratatouille Dark Ride, Monsters, Inc. Door Coaster, with some form of restaurant (now rumored to be Flo's V8 Diner, although with DHS already having 3 American style diners I am hoping for a Gusteau's).
Placemaking around Star Tours, Mos Eisley Cantina, And permanent indoor Jedi Training Academy.

Oh, and throw out more nondescript Avatar stuff, possibly even vague concept art.

I think hoping for the Rata ride is a HUGE hope. I don't see that coming anywhere close to the final plan.

Jim MacPhee will go down with the NextGen ship.

Actually a lot of the execs will: Franklin, MacPhee, JR, Staggs and Iger will get the boot if NextGen don't work - if old Iger wants a political career any opposition just needs to bring up this to deter the voting electorate.

The problem is if NextGen completely bombs, will the BoD want to risk further investment in the Orlando resort though...