General Movies & TV Thread | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It could be good

It just depends...I have no faith it in...but people liked Barbie...so GA asked for these films to be made

Interesting that they’re shopping the rights bc I’m almost certain Disney had inherited the rights to a Clue reboot from Fox. They must’ve let the rights expire somehow.

This should be Thanksgiving or Christmas 2024. They’re missing a prime period of time with people having time off.

Also, no major releases other than Sonic in late December this year.

Good luck topping the original.

(I couldn't resist.)

Yeah, the original CLUE movie is a bona' fide Cult Classic for a multitude of reasons. If you're trying to make a new one and it's attempting to be a comedy, you're going up against an original which had a tight script that just delivered with the performances of everyone. The only thing that was allowed to be ad-libbed was Madeline Kahn's "Flames" speech, everything else was by the script which tells you how good it was.

If they go in a different direction, then it has a chance of standing on its own.

(I couldn't resist.)

Yeah, the original CLUE movie is a bona' fide Cult Classic for a multitude of reasons. If you're trying to make a new one and it's attempting to be a comedy, you're going up against an original which had a tight script that just delivered with the performances of everyone. The only thing that was allowed to be ad-libbed was Madeline Kahn's "Flames" speech, everything else was by the script which tells you how good it was.

If they go in a different direction, then it has a chance of standing on its own.

A “Seven”-style psychological thriller with Nicolas Hoult as Professor Plum and Angela Basset as Ms. Peacock?

Reactions: Tobias
Shakeup at the top of Disney Studios. Sean Bailey out as President, Searchlight’s David Greenbalm in.

Considering he’s a Searchlight guy, I actually think this is a really interesting and unique choice to lead the studios. Could potentially lead to higher quality, better budgeted movies going forward.

• Wow
Reactions: SeventyOne
Sean Bailey was also a Sundance board guy who recruited indie directors to do big budget tentpoles (e.g. Lowery, Gillespie, Ronning, Barry Jenkins, etc). My guess is this won't actually change their strategy or mandate very much outside of maybe a couple of fun director choices (Lanthimos?)

Sean Bailey was also a Sundance board guy who recruited indie directors to do big budget tentpoles (e.g. Lowery, Gillespie, Ronning, Barry Jenkins, etc). My guess is this won't actually change their strategy or mandate very much outside of maybe a couple of fun director choices (Lanthimos?)
I think Lanthimos really loves doing his own this at Searchlight like The Favourite and Poor Things, but I can see him having interest at directing a bigger budget tentpole potentially.

For sure, it'd be a left-field, but it's not like they haven't gone for talented, left-field auteurs before (Barry Jenkins???). I think having someone at the top he trusts could go a ways towards convincing him to do one of those tentpole things, should they decide they want him.

For sure, it'd be a left-field, but it's not like they haven't gone for talented, left-field auteurs before (Barry Jenkins???). I think having someone at the top he trusts could go a ways towards convincing him to do one of those tentpole things, should they decide they want him.
Ryan Coogler is the auteur director Disney has gotten the most out of in terms of directing blockbusters. They were hoping for the same from Chloe Zhao and while Eternals wasn’t great, it certainly has its own very unique feel to it.

Reactions: saint.piss