Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when everyone created crazy ideas for F&F in USF and then are now disappoint it doesn't go fast/race/whatever?

This. I think this project will be cool, whatever it ends up being, but it's NOT going to be Diagon Alley or anything that big.

Either a significantly upgraded coaster, or a new ride. Nothing more than that

This. I think this project will be cool, whatever it ends up being, but it's NOT going to be Diagon Alley or anything that big.

Either a significantly upgraded coaster, or a new ride. Nothing more than that
I'm not expecting anything more really. Although I still think F&F is a huge waste of space and I had virtually o thoughts on it beforehand.

Reactions: Ash
Whatever it is, I expect the new ride/coaster to match its surroundings better and immerse you in the IP/land. Just don't expect anything groundbreaking. No more corrugated and faded sound barrier (hopefully!)

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I would ride Dragons while you can.

Solid source for rumblings...

I don't think demolition would have much of an impact.

Just capacity wise for high traffic days.

Right, and before people let their imaginations run wild, I don't think you should expect anything on the scale of DA there. :lol:

I for one, would be greatlky disappointed if it were jsut walk through space of scenery. I am confident they will have an attraction here too much space to not capitalize on. While i also understand nothing at the level of DA i still feel like whatever it is will be coaster like.... VR Coaster playing Quidditch? lmao. :sick:

Just capacity wise for high traffic days.
You take 2 coasters away, but now Hulk will be back and Kong will be open. That's more than enough capacity to handle DC going down. The only thing it might affect is higher waits at FJ for awhile.

Reactions: Mike S
Blue sky thinking, but how about keeping one of them (the one that doesn't encroach so much on Hogsmeade station), and then alter the latter half of the course, or at least theme it extensively. That way, you're left with room for more attractions, and you get to keep your thrill ride (on three trains too!)

If they do a new coaster, instead of just refurbing or retheming DC, perhaps they can put one of these new style coasters that don't take up much land. Then they'd still have 3 or 4 acres to add something else, like a dark ride or the Forbidden Forest. Best of all worlds that way. As I mentioned on another thread a few months ago, Kennywood build a really good new coaster a few years back that only occupies 1 to 2 acres of land, They have even bigger expansion space limitations there. (Edit: Mike S. had a simultaneous posting basically same idea) Plans can change at times.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Three trains could never work because there's no midcourse brake run.

Yeah it can (pretty sure they run 3 at busy times anyway). Minimum of 5 block sections (maybe 6, since the block outside the station at the end could fit 2 trains). Load, transfer, lift, final brakes, unload. As long as they can keep their intervals under the total ride time they wouldn't even stack. Worst case they stack a 3rd train in the block before unload every cycle, and if a train valleys, the lift stops. A mid-course really just adds to interval times, allows two trains out at once, and provides a little extra safety. See Millennium Force for an example of 3 train ops, with one less block (load, lift, final block, unload, as transfer isn't a full block, just a switch track spur between load and unload, maybe 2 cars in length).

Pretty sure there are only 4 trains in total, 2 for each side. Also, since they longer duel this also hinders dispatch times.

Okay then. Still, the comment was related to saying they couldn't run 3 trains without a mid-course if they kept one side (keeping just one is irrelevant, though). They clearly can. Yes, no longer dueling hinders dispatch times very slightly in that they can't send them out too close, but the lifts still compensate (was sent out once and watched blue clear the lift as my red train inched up the lift for another several seconds), and they essentially operate as individual rides now. If one side is held up for some reason, the other side should be able to just dispatch around them and not have to worry about strictly alternating dispatches evenly. If they have 3 trains per side, they can easily run 3 trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.