Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do these Insiders look like? Are they mysterious cloaked figures? Are they manning the Dip-n-Dot stands? I can never seem to find one. "Insiders" seems like a name that JK Rowling would assign to a special group of investigators.
:lol:...The same one's you read here on Inside Universal, but are sometimes reluctant to release all the info they have .....But I'm proud to say I'm just an Outsider..:)

Reactions: misterID and Mike S
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to put this up, but I'll just post here since there's been a lot of nothing. I've been hearing lately from a lot of Disney news channels that Disney is refurbishing, constructing, building, planning, and excelling. Disney is finally getting some motion and progress but I'm not hearing anything from Universal. Anybody know some new and upcoming news that is exiting and important. I get they just built Fallon and VB, along with the construction of FFSC but I'm hearing a lot of dull rumors about JP and MSHI that are pretty silent and that's it. Can someone sort new shows, attractions, rumors, and rides coming soon so I can get a little boost. I know about the Hogwarts holiday show and the rumors for new refurbs coming to islands but does someone have new insight on that?

If DC is closing in September, I would think they'll announce the closing in late July, early August? Give the fans some time to ride it for the last time.

Screamscape reported a while ago that Dynamic has a new major contract (Industry News), the believe is that it is for Disney's Star Wars, but could this be for Dragon Challenge? An SFX coaster set to the Forbidden forest, that could then also be clones to Hollywood and/or Japan? Other possibility would be Nintendo, SFX coaster for Donkey Kong.

Reactions: amityboattours
Screamscape reported a while ago that Dynamic has a new major contract (Industry News), the believe is that it is for Disney's Star Wars, but could this be for Dragon Challenge? An SFX coaster set to the Forbidden forest, that could then also be clones to Hollywood and/or Japan? Other possibility would be Nintendo, SFX coaster for Donkey Kong.

Honestly, if SWL was going to have Dynamic, we could've heard it already.

I think it could actually be for Dragon Challenge, and it would actually make sense for that type of an expansion.

Reactions: Joel
Are people really sure about this 2019 date for this project?

It seems inconsistent with their other project timelines as of late.

That's why the September date seems odd. Even if they are truly pushing 2 years, Fall doesn't seem like their preferred attraction opening date these days.

I would think idea would be to get more attention in fall. They are certainly lagging behind in that time period outside of HHN. So this could be a big boost for IOA as it's Potter.

In the Potter fandom it's January Potter event, spring and summer trips, crickets for a bit... then this new holiday stuff. So Fall is the Potter point of opportunity.

Or we could just be wrong. That's an option too.

Well the word is Star Wars will be fall.

So I guess the question (if this is actually happening...I never like to assume...secret life of pets was happening) it will depend on Universals mentality. Is this to compete with Star Wars, to open before and lessen the blow or open after and be the newest thing in town.

Well the word is Star Wars will be fall.

So I guess the question (if this is actually happening...I never like to assume...secret life of pets was happening) it will depend on Universals mentality. Is this to compete with Star Wars, to open before and lessen the blow or open after and be the newest thing in town.

I think Nintendo is to go to head to head with Star Wars. Potter just keeps the momentum going.

I see no issue with a fall opening. As the off season at WDW continues to get smaller and smaller, Fall, from my experience the past two years, at Universal is pretty slow (outside of HHN, as was mentioned before). A new Potter attraction opening in October/November would definitely bring in the crowds and inject a little excitement into the season - and hopefully longer park hours.

I'm just hoping we hear more about this soon. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with all of that land.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I was told by an Insider on my trip that it was always this September (2017). When some insiders got a glimpse of the plans early last year that said September, they just took for granted it was Sept. 2016. But they didn't look closely enough. It said Sept. 2017 back then, but was misinterpreted. So, unless things change, and Universal does change plans often, it should be this September 2017.

Early plans or old plans? Did they mention what those plans revealed? This puts me in one of my curious moods. Goodness, I have to be soooo careful these days.

(as I have never known of any actual plans old or new, my question is silly)

Reactions: Joel
I think Nintendo is to go to head to head with Star Wars. Potter just keeps the momentum going.

The two projects are currently at least a year apart (WDW is aiming for Star Wars to open in the summer period of 2019).

Nintendo isn't the counter programming to Star Wars, it's the solution to Fantasyland and animated branding. It is Universal finally trying to plug a demo gap (a family brand) they have had middling success with.

Yes millennials and the tail end of Gen X love Nintendo, but they love a lot of Universal properties. This is a big move for them to really give something of value to a family with a dad, a tween and a four year old to enjoy something all together.

Which is honestly a bigger move than countering Star Wars, it's to counter the one clear demo lead Disney has.

Someone needs to draw up Harry producing a Mario patronus and using it against Lord Vader. Like, Mario jumping on Vader's head like a mushroom.

Here you go! Haha it was fun to do

Sans_sss1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.