Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think people are correct in saying this would come to the studios even if Uni didn't have Diagon, yet I doubt it would have been fast tracked to the extent it has if Potter wasn't opening.

This is Disney attempting to mitigate Diagon Alley and have their own storyline this summer, especially if one aspect they haven't announced comes together.

This is Disney attempting to mitigate Diagon Alley and have their own storyline this summer, especially if one aspect they haven't announced comes together.
Are you speaking to something that has been discussed or is this something entirely different?

No. If you think this in any way is a "Potter Swatter" then we've got problems.

Not everything has to be a response to Potter. Sure with the timing, i'm sure Disney wanted this to help the Studios attendance this summer, but it is in no way a Potter Swatter.

It's a 2 month, limited run addition that was thrown together in a few weeks. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm almost positive this was fast tracked for potters opening, if not I'm sure this would've happened as a winter celebration kind of thing later this year

And would that day possibly be July 8th?
They'd be dumb if it was. All media will be at Diagon Alley no matter what. They aren't going to NOT cover one of the biggest theme park openings in recent memory because of some limited Frozen thing at DHS.

I'm calling it now, the cast of frozen will do a Q&A or the ride announcement (unlikely but possible)
I was thinking something to do with the cast as well, but this wouldn't be a bad time to announce the ride either. I mean, Maelstrom is going down pretty soon and by all accounts, it's not coming back.

I was thinking something to do with the cast as well, but this wouldn't be a bad time to announce the ride either. I mean, Maelstrom is going down pretty soon and by all accounts, it's not coming back.
Yeah there wouldn't be a reason not to announce it now. But now that I think about it, Menzel in on broadway right now and I think josh gad is doing another movie. They might not be able to get the full cast here

I still hate the fact that it's taking over Maelstrom. Not only does it not make sense that a ride based on a movie called "FROZEN" is a boat ride, but there are just so many better possibilities if they would just put a little more time, money and effort in. Frozen would be the perfect ride to use track-less tech with and yet we get a re-do of an 80's boat ride. Ugh.

I still hate the fact that it's taking over Maelstrom. Not only does it not make sense that a ride based on a movie called "FROZEN" is a boat ride, but there are just so many better possibilities if they would just put a little more time, money and effort in. Frozen would be the perfect ride to use track-less tech with and yet we get a re-do of an 80's boat ride. Ugh.

It has been confirmed by Disney that Frozen is replacing Maelstrom?

Not confirmed but strongly hinted according to different sources online.

It kind of makes sense based on the location of the movie and the Norway pavilion. And people need to remember in the movie Arrendale is a sea trading country. The only reason they have the frozeness of everything is because of the queen. But ships and water are a big part of that countries' economy, so a boat ride isn't so far feched tbh.

It has been confirmed by Disney that Frozen is replacing Maelstrom?
No, but last i've heard it might as well be.

- - - Updated - - -

Not confirmed but strongly hinted according to different sources online.

It kind of makes sense based on the location of the movie and the Norway pavilion. And people need to remember in the movie Arrendale is a sea trading country. The only reason they have the frozeness of everything is because of the queen. But ships and water are a big part of that countries' economy, so a boat ride isn't so far feched tbh.
I guess you are right. Maybe we will go through the ride as if we are the towns people and we are watching the story unfold?

I hate it more than everybody here because maelstrom is in my top 5 of the resort. But hey when something's popular you gotta strike....even if there are a hundred other options

I hate it more than everybody here because maelstrom is in my top 5 of the resort. But hey when something's popular you gotta strike....even if there are a hundred other options

How is it your top 5? The ride is extremely short and disjointed. I love the theme and a few scenes, but overall a kind of shoddy ride.