Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen being fast-tracked to DHS?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to where the rumor is surfacing from, this is something that has just come about. Plus, you'd think they would've touted this as some huge thing when they had all the bloggers together for SDMT opening had they known about it. But I guess it is possible.

But is the source of the rumor in Disney or a contractor/vendor. If the later, that's why it's being rushed and just appearing.

Only problem with merchandise sales is that there hasn't been any dolls, dresses, or other toys except Olaf based stuff to sell since November... I have little sisters and they're obssessed. I'm not kidding when I say I go to Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart once a week looking for the stuff to buy for them. There's been nothing to buy. Except recently the Toys R Us in altamonte has had a shipment of Anna dolls in, I was able to get one for them. I talked to the manager and they said that was the first time since November that they got something Frozen in...

Only problem with merchandise sales is that there hasn't been any dolls, dresses, or other toys except Olaf based stuff to sell since November... I have little sisters and they're obssessed. I'm not kidding when I say I go to Toys R Us, Target, and Walmart once a week looking for the stuff to buy for them. There's been nothing to buy. Except recently the Toys R Us in altamonte has had a shipment of Anna dolls in, I was able to get one for them. I talked to the manager and they said that was the first time since November that they got something Frozen in...
I accidentally went to the mall on the day new frozen stuff was coming into the Disney store and let me tell you it was like the grand opening of potter phase one. Giant line, people with garbage bags and tons of stressed workers. They wouldn't let my 2 year old brother in (thought we could bypass the line because we weren't buying frozen stuff) and they turned him down. There NEEDS to be a better way to go about merch

02162012WDWHomeshoolDays1.jpg

I just took a look at the venue again. Forgot about the screens on the side of the stage. Could probably guarantee those will be used. This show could probably easily be set up like the Lion King Harambe nights show where they show clips of the movie and do more of a concert experience. Would be very easy to do and very low budget (and also wouldn't require much of a set).

That's definitely not the Hunchback theater I remember. :lol: They must have enclosed it after and changed the seating, which I remember being bleacher-style. Are you sure that's it?

That's definitely not the Hunchback theater I remember. :lol: They must have enclosed it after and changed the seating, which I remember being bleacher-style. Are you sure that's it?

They enclosed it back in 2008. Before it was enclosed it stored the Osborne lights. Now it can be used for events like SWW.

They enclosed it back in 2008. Before it was enclosed it stored the Osborne lights. Now it can be used for events like SWW.

Wow. I literally haven't been in there since Hunchback. I'm guessing the new seating increased the capacity too since they used to have the catwalk in the middle.

Wow. I literally haven't been in there since Hunchback. I'm guessing the new seating increased the capacity too since they used to have the catwalk in the middle.

Yeah it's a beautiful thing that it's enclosed now :lol: I'll say one thing about this, I'm at least surprised and vaguely impressed that they're willing to use this space instead of something like the BatB theater or the hat stage for a few months.

Yeah it's a beautiful thing that it's enclosed now :lol: I'll say one thing about this, I'm at least surprised and vaguely impressed that they're willing to use this space instead of something like the BatB theater or the hat stage for a few months.

Bite your tongue. BatB has only been playing since 1991.

95474-Finally-its-been-84-years-Rose-0RHT.gif

My hope is that whatever this is will happen, be insanely popular, and they will realize they need to create a more permanent Frozen stage show. I'd like to see it either where VotLM or BatB are, but if they did decide to keep it in this building (which i doubt because of the way they use it), then I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

However, I would only want to see a FULL STAGE PRODUCTION takeover for BatB or VotLM. Not some half-asses, put together in a few days sing-along thing.

I accidentally went to the mall on the day new frozen stuff was coming into the Disney store and let me tell you it was like the grand opening of potter phase one. Giant line, people with garbage bags and tons of stressed workers. They wouldn't let my 2 year old brother in (thought we could bypass the line because we weren't buying frozen stuff) and they turned him down. There NEEDS to be a better way to go about merch

That's interesting. The Disney Store here in New Orleans has plenty of Frozen merch and I remember that the flagship on Times Square had plenty right before Christmas. That means that their inventory and distribution system is poorly designed.

That's interesting. The Disney Store here in New Orleans has plenty of Frozen merch and I remember that the flagship on Times Square had plenty right before Christmas. That means that their inventory and distribution system is poorly designed.

Yeah probably, it's a tiny store at the mall so who knows?

Also, it does look like this will be more of a sing-a-long than anything:

As far as a show goes..... I've gotten some clarification that this is more of a
"Sing-a-long" than straight up broadway style show.

So nothing to really get excited about here. Just a summer addition for a struggling park.

My hope is that whatever this is will happen, be insanely popular, and they will realize they need to create a more permanent Frozen stage show. I'd like to see it either where VotLM or BatB are, but if they did decide to keep it in this building (which i doubt because of the way they use it), then I wouldn't really have a problem with it.

However, I would only want to see a FULL STAGE PRODUCTION takeover for BatB or VotLM. Not some half-asses, put together in a few days sing-along thing.

Same, go big or go home at this point

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it does look like this will be more of a sing-a-long than anything:

So nothing to really get excited about here. Just a summer addition for a struggling park.
Ugh that makes me so frustrated you have no idea

:lol: yes, the leader in themed entertainment has a poor distribution system. Clearly thats why theyve had such a hard time selling merchandise in the past!!!!

I'm very confused in my opinion about all of this. I like that they're being smart and waiting to see how frozens popularity will be in the future but I'm annoyed that we aren't getting another attraction until 2017

Don;t know what its for, but FYI

From HTF via twitter

"So it looks as if I'm going to be buying Disney passes soon... [HASHTAG]#Disney[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#disneyworld[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#greenlit[/HASHTAG]"