Forum Tweaks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Forum Tweaks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love this new little guy! :nervous: Just look at him! A friend!

Thank you so much!

If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see a Shrug emote!

I wonder if there is a newer way to incorporate the "Ban?" sign emote from the old forum list? I remember that getting a good few laughs out of me when used correctly.

Or to throw out a real oldie, the "Beating a Dead Horse" was fun as well. Not sure how well that one would translate to the new look though haha!

I love this new little guy! :nervous: Just look at him! A friend!

Thank you so much!

If you're still taking requests, I'd love to see a Shrug emote!

I wonder if there is a newer way to incorporate the "Ban?" sign emote from the old forum list? I remember that getting a good few laughs out of me when used correctly.

Or to throw out a real oldie, the "Beating a Dead Horse" was fun as well. Not sure how well that one would translate to the new look though haha!
I’ll see what I could do haha

I'd love to see signatures catch on here again, they definitely evoke a very specifically web forum-y flair. Do signatures appear under every post in on a thread page or only the first one?

• It'd be nice if Premium and VIP members were to get an extra banner like Moderators do!
  • I remember a few forums I frequented years ago hosted site-wide polls, and that was always fun to see how the demographics of the site panned out. Who was all exciting for a new game, what our favorite *insert thing here* was, etc. Users can make poll threads themselves already but I think it'd be a fun thing to make more prominent and on a monthly/quarterly schedule or something like that! Stuff like "Favorite USO Park", "Most Anticipated Epic Universe land", "Most Anticipated HHN33 House", etc.
  • A more visible Birthday list, maybe somewhere by the online users list, would be fun too. Users can already decide how much or how little they want to publicly show that info, so for those that are comfortable with that being available, I think it'd be nice to be able to pop onto their guestbook and wish them a happy birthday!

There is a dark mode?
I think they mean one that is based on a chosen Time Zone, so after 7pm EST it would change to Dark Mode and vice versa at 7am or so.

Hey y'all.

Just giving you a heads-up that we're going to be tweaking some things in the forum regarding features. There should be nothing in your face that you would notice as of now but in the event something pops up... it's that. haha.

In the mean time, if there's anything you feel the forum needs feature wise... now would be a good time to share your thoughts.

Thanks!
Any chance we could use GIFs as our profile pictures?... I know we can technically already add GIFs as a pfp, but they don't actually work.

I'd love to see signatures catch on here again, they definitely evoke a very specifically web forum-y flair. Do signatures appear under every post in on a thread page or only the first one?

• It'd be nice if Premium and VIP members were to get an extra banner like Moderators do!
  • I remember a few forums I frequented years ago hosted site-wide polls, and that was always fun to see how the demographics of the site panned out. Who was all exciting for a new game, what our favorite *insert thing here* was, etc. Users can make poll threads themselves already but I think it'd be a fun thing to make more prominent and on a monthly/quarterly schedule or something like that! Stuff like "Favorite USO Park", "Most Anticipated Epic Universe land", "Most Anticipated HHN33 House", etc.
  • A more visible Birthday list, maybe somewhere by the online users list, would be fun too. Users can already decide how much or how little they want to publicly show that info, so for those that are comfortable with that being available, I think it'd be nice to be able to pop onto their guestbook and wish them a happy birthday!

I think they mean one that is based on a chosen Time Zone, so after 7pm EST it would change to Dark Mode and vice versa at 7am or so.

Sigs appear for every post. As far as the other stuff:

• Working on it!
  • I'll discuss with the Mod Team.
  • I'll see what I can do.
Might be tough on the auto dark mode feature though. Gotta look into it.

Any chance we could use GIFs as our profile pictures?... I know we can technically already add GIFs as a pfp, but they don't actually work.

I keep trying to figure out how to fix that but end up moving on to something else. I'll give it a go again.

Another thing I realized just now is before the forum underwent these recent tweaks, there was a dedicated column that would display the staff members if they were online. That's now gone. Will it come back or is it gone for good?

Do these labels mean anything or are they randomly assigned? I don't like the sound of Shark Bait...

EDIT: Nvm, just saw the thread. Love this addition!
It's just based on how many posts you have essentially. Ultimately means nothing, just a more fun way to show peoples rank.

It's just based on how many posts you have essentially. Ultimately means nothing, just a more fun way to show peoples rank.
I like it, it used to be this way on the old forum. Always liked it then too.

Reactions: Brian G.
Interested to see who uses ‘flirty’ first.
In The Mood Flirting GIF by WE tv