Filming in HHN Houses? | Inside Universal Forums

Filming in HHN Houses?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
With hollywood allowing filming and orlando having really rare press events where they allow filming. Do you think we are coming closer and closer to guests being able to film the houses during the entire event here on orlando as a permanent rule?

Last edited:
I mean like are we coming closer to be able to film in the houses as a given right, should've made this a poll XD, honestly it's a no for me. There would always be that one jerkoff with tons of camera equipment stopping to get every scare on shot. Not everybody does that I know but could you imagine the line backup and ops screaming? Ugh

You cant film during the day time tours but for the last couple yrs UO has let Youtubers come in during the event and film for one night only.

I filmed 2 houses in 2009 during the tour, and our guide had no problem with it. So unless something changed....I haven't heard anything different about the daytime.

I filmed 2 houses in 2009 during the tour, and our guide had no problem with it. So unless something changed....I haven't heard anything different about the daytime.

I believe they said last year that we could take pics but no video, wasn't really paying attention as it didn't apply to me.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I think after 21 you couldn't film on the unmasking the horror tour. I think the filming ban during the event happened around 20

As far as for Unmasking I thought it was to save the info/facts they give you on the tour from getting out. Thus might hurt the sells of the tour.

The last few years they've stopped allowing filming of the Unmasking the Horror Tours because it's grown in popularity and they don't want all the secrets and what not spoiled for people or stop them from buying tour packages. As for filming in the houses, they allowed a certain group of Youtubers to film in the houses for 23, but they weren't too happy with how that turned out. Apparently a lot of those folks just used the free tickets and never even posted what they recorded. Then last year when we went to do media coverage on opening night they told us that we could only film /post about a minute worth of footage from 1 house. So yeah it doesn't look like they'll ever be ok with people filming in the houses.

It's a crying shame this is still a rule, so many memories are now just that because of it. Wish uni would upload the official walkthrough videos after the event is over

Please no. People are obnoxious enough at concerts with their tablets. How about just enjoying the moment and being present?
While I completely agree with this statement, most of HHN's history is just lost forever now and that's sad. We need to preserve art and experiences like this because they'll never happen again. The media event where they were allowed to film one night at a limited time was perfect, most had the equipment to film it well and everybody who were unsure about the concept of HHN would get to see what it's like before planning to go. Universal needs to do this again but this time, handpick people like ITM, attractions and the timtracker who could film it and still do the event justice

It's a crying shame this is still a rule, so many memories are now just that because of it. Wish uni would upload the official walkthrough videos after the event is over

I think there should be official walk through videos posted after the event ends too. It's a good way to preserve the memories of the house and to help keep the excitement going between the end of the event and the beginning of the announcements for the next year.

Simple way for Uni to do. Add a new tour. Like Unmasking but with video allowed. Make it a limited amount of people. Each person gets a walk through of the house with lights on. Extra money for the event.