Feb - 4 night/3 day trip - So many questions | Inside Universal Forums

Feb - 4 night/3 day trip - So many questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 15, 2014
Ok people, I leave in 35 days and I have some questions.
We've booked a package staying at Holiday Inn and Suites (with early entry for IOA and the 2 day tickets w/ 3rd day free).

Here is my short little plan so far:

Feb 21: Arrive at hotel 9:30pm. Walk to Walgreens for supplies (breakfast food, snacks, sun screen)
Feb 22: Universal 9am. Lunch at Krusty Burger, Dinner at Mardi Gras courtyard, Mardi Gras concert at 8ish.
Feb 23: Islands of Adventure early entry, 8am. Lunch at Mythos or Three Broomsticks.
Feb 24: Universal 9am. Lunch at Finnegans. Maybe buy park-to-park and head to IOA.
Feb 25: Leave at 10:45am.

Any suggestions of stuff I should check out?
Looking for ideas of what to do after the parks close other than sit in our hotel room. :look:

Last edited:
I strongly suggest eating at both Mythos and Three Broomsticks if you can. Mythos has the edge on the food and Three Broomsticks has the edge on atmosphere, in my opinion. I recommend lunch at Mythos and dinner at Three Broomsticks. Both are great, either way! :thumbs:

Don't forget to explore CityWalk, as well! I recommend hitting up the Hard Rock Cafe and asking for the VIBE host to get a tour of the place. :cheers:

The mini-golf is also neat. If you're only doing one side, I recommend the alien side. I'm actually more of a horror fan than a sci-fi fan, and I still found the Alien side more enjoyable. Plus, they stole my heart by having Pink Floyd music playing in the spot with the cow ("Atom Heart Mother" reference maybe?).

Rising Star Karaoke at CityWalk is also another cool place. They have a live band and it's a great time whether you like to sing or just watch. I think they are 21 and up, so that's something to keep in mind if you will be with young ones.

Outside of Universal Orlando Resort, you have Fun Spot nearby and they have a couple new coasters and some other rides. They even have a Sky Coaster if you're looking for an intense thrill (at an up-charge). You might find special offers online for wristbands or you could just pay by the ride.

What other type of things are you looking to do? Family friendly, more adult type of stuff?

Your plan looks pretty good :thumbs: I would definitely recommend upgrading your ticket on the third day (if not all three) to 2-park tickets. One full day at Universal means you should see everything at least once, and you wont need a second full day there. You will probably want your third day to be a "Best Of" sort of day, seeing all the rides in both parks that you liked the best.

Citywalk is a good option after the parks close. You can always see a movie at the AMC there, or like the previous poster said, go mini-golfing (I also prefer the sci-fi side). The clubs are ok if you dont have kids, but if youre going as a family unit/not into clubs, Citywalk is still worth hanging out in, and maybe doing some shopping.

Will you have your own car? If not, your options are kind of limited as far as what there is to do off property, unless you want to shell out for a cab. I would actually stay away from Fun Spot, especially at night; its a bit of a seedy place, and will be completely underwhelming compared to Universal. Ultimately its not worth the hassle IMO.

Even if you cant find much to do post-closing time, dont rule out just going back to the hotel to rest! You should never underestimate the power of a good sleep while on vacation :thumbs:

Look for a guy called Dave and ask him to introduce you to Hurricanes, good night guaranteed.

Seriously though, here are a few things I enjoy whilst at Uni....

1. Grab a seat and a beer at Duffs in time for cine show.
2. Tacos from Bumblebees, yum.
3. I agree with Felipe, Mythos is awesome.
4. Don't forget to grab plenty of photos to share with the forum.

What ever you do have a great time....

Thanks for all the great info! :happy:

We'll probably add the park-to-park option right away.
I'm hoping to do mini golf one night for sure. :thumbs:

I'll save rest for when I get home. I have the whole week booked off to recuperate. :dance:
I managed to plow through 7 crazy days before I crashed on our last trip.

We don't have any kids with us, but we aren't bar hoppers either, so we may just get a drink or two in the evening.
The haunted house in old town and the fun spot look cool but I may save them for a trip where we have a car.

So excited!