Favorite Water Ride | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Favorite Water Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite water ride in Orlando?

• Splash Mountain

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Journey to Atlantis

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Jurassic Park River Adventure

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters
I have absolutely no doubt: Popey and Bluto's bilge rat barges is simply the best water ride I've ever been on.
It's really well done in theme and you get so wet that you have to change all of what you're wearing if you don't put on a poncho!!!
Way better than kali river rapids at AK..

This is a tough one. IOA definitely rules all in terms of water rides and Splash Mountain is just a classic. Overall, I'll have to go with Splash Mountain. It might not be thrilling like most of the others there but the ride itself is as good as ever.

I gave my vote to JPRA. Even when half the effects are down-- which they usually are, mind you-- it's a great experience, especially if you're a geek for the series like myself. And the feeling you get coming out of that drop is incredible. It's very immersive and just has a sense of magic about it.

It was closely followed by Popeye's. The Barges have the best theming I've ever seen on a raft ride, from queue to unloading, but I would not mind getting a liiiittle less wet on it sometimes. And, if this even counts as part of the ride, a good hour of any visit I make to IOA is spent having James Bond moments as I attack innocent guests from those handy water guns at the top of Me Ship, the Olive. Best non-ride experience in that park to me.

This is a tough one. IOA definitely rules all in terms of water rides and Splash Mountain is just a classic. Overall, I'll have to go with Splash Mountain. It might not be thrilling like most of the others there but the ride itself is as good as ever.

I agree, splash mountain started it. The music is recognizable and theming is the best, the queue is beautiful. Also, Rip Saw falls is mostly a building whats so special about that ?!?! Rip saw copied Splash mountin with the fall going under and then back up

I agree, splash mountain started it. The music is recognizable and theming is the best, the queue is beautiful. Also, Rip Saw falls is mostly a building whats so special about that ?!?! Rip saw copied Splash mountin with the fall going under and then back up

Wha???? Do my eyes decieve me? How does SM go back up? That's all Dudley and UC.

I would have to say popeyes for sure. I think the theme is great and the ride is fun. You get to sit with strangers and all share in the experiences of the unknown (when you will get wet, how, and who will). I also love water rides that you actually get wet on I mean afterall it is a water ride. Thats comes to my mind.

Journey To Atlantis comes in as my favorite. Dudley Do-Right comes in next @ 2nd. I don't really care for the river rapid rides. If I wanted to get that wet, I would just dive in a pool. Then again, I don't like waterparks much either...

I was kind of surprised when I saw the results of this poll once I voted. I voted for Splash because of the overall themeing and telling of a story which I really enjoy.

I agree that Splash Mountain is better than Ripsaw Falls, but I just looooove how it's basically mocking Splash Mountain with its over-the-top cheesiness.

Still. Popeye takes the cake.

And I try to pretend that Disney never made that awful excuse for a water ride at Animal Kingdom.

I agree that Splash Mountain is better than Ripsaw Falls, but I just looooove how it's basically mocking Splash Mountain with its over-the-top cheesiness.

Still. Popeye takes the cake.

And I try to pretend that Disney never made that awful excuse for a water ride at Animal Kingdom.

Haha, yet two people voted for it. I agree, it was VERY lame, and not worth the 30 minute wait in the heat.

Each time I ride on of the trio at IoA, I always change my mind and say that that one is my favorite. :lol: That is until I ride the next one! Who knows, maybe the refurbed JtA will blow my mind.

JPRA because dinosaurs beat a boring song cartoon (Splash Mt.) or a rip off from it (Dudley even if your a uni fan you know its true) or the most wettest ride ever (Popeye but comes 2nd) or a boring old water ride (Alantis)

Its close between Rip and Jurassic Park for me. I'm a big Jurassic Park film and I love the ride. But on a hot summer day like today I'd go with Ripsaw. It has a fun story, provides great views of the park and get you soaked every time. Plus the Ripsaw is very detailed. Popeye is easily the best rapids ride EVER. But we can all agree IOA boasts one of the best water ride line-ups.