Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yay, Fast and Furious broke down :p

20316880160_9203fe21c5_k.jpg

Reactions: William
Came again to Universal today and guess what happened, yup, Fast and Furious broke down AGAIN!!(Also minion mayhem broke while I was in line and transformers broke right when I got off) This time, the whole "pre-show" worked, but the tram was just waiting there and the doors didn't open. I think this could be the drivers fault because the curtains that separate the trams in the musion room didn't come down, which might mean the tram didn't drive up far enough, so the doors didn't open because it didn't detect the front of the tram. That's my idea, any others?

Came again to Universal today and guess what happened, yup, Fast and Furious broke down AGAIN!!(Also minion mayhem broke while I was in line and transformers broke right when I got off) This time, the whole "pre-show" worked, but the tram was just waiting there and the doors didn't open. I think this could be the drivers fault because the curtains that separate the trams in the musion room didn't come down, which might mean the tram didn't drive up far enough, so the doors didn't open because it didn't detect the front of the tram. That's my idea, any others?
When I rode on Friday the separation curtains didn't move into place but everything else worked perfectly.

It's National Coming Out Day, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that....well, it's hard for me to say this...and I hope it will change very soon....and I hope you won't judge me for this....but.....I still haven't done Fast & Furious Supercharged.

Joking aside, this is the longest I've gone not riding a new attraction at Disney or Universal. You can blame my work schedule, my friends' and family's annual passes having expired and me not wanting to go alone, the whole mess with the Supercharged previews, and the Disney's diamond anniversary hooking me in this year! :p

It's National Coming Out Day, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that....well, it's hard for me to say this...and I hope it will change very soon....and I hope you won't judge me for this....but.....I still haven't done Fast & Furious Supercharged.

Joking aside, this is the longest I've gone not riding a new attraction at Disney or Universal. You can blame my work schedule, my friends' and family's annual passes having expired and me not wanting to go alone, the whole mess with the Supercharged previews, and the Disney's diamond anniversary hooking me in this year! :p
We can go on it together on October 21, 2015!!!  LOL

Reactions: Alexshow.
SO.....I visited the park for the first time since June, and finally got to SUCCESSFULLY go through Supercharged.

I didn't watch any spoiler videos online because I wanted to go in fresh and judge it based on my opinion experience, not online reviews or YouTube.

What did I think? Well....I still hate the security/FBI warning "preshow" footage on the tram. Absolutely terrible acting and just....so cringe worthy. Couldn't stand it.

The Musion preshow looks absolutely fantastic. That was actually my favorite part of the experience, very lifelike and almost looked 3D and overall was very cool. But again, the acting was atrocious and the actors were so uncomfortable and there were so many random pauses in the dialogue and just....blehhhh.

Now, the main room. You can definitely tell it's longer in length than Kong, and I love that in the beginning you drive into a garage, makes it more seamless.

As for the 3D experience, etc?

Meh. Just....meh.

Maybe I'm spoiled or something, I have no idea. I went in WANTING to like it and was excited. But the animation quality was horrible, I felt like GTA was being projected around me, the actors didn't blend in properly and their acting was horrible, I enjoyed the fog blasts but there were way too many unnecessary water effects (as usual), seeing the tops and bottoms of the screens was even more apparent than Kong somehow, and it was EXTREMELY dark. Not sure what it was, but the projection quality was very mediocre and very dark for a "daylight" scene. And it felt shorter than Kong. That off ramp finale was cool but way too abrupt.

Overall, it was hard not to compare it to Kong...it was essentially King Kong 360-3D with atrocious acting, weird humor that fell flat, too dark, and crappy animation.

Maybe I need to experience it a few more times, but to quote one of the lines from the attraction, this ride can "eat asphalt".

Fun experience. I had fun, trust me. Just very mediocre the way it's put together compared to Kong.

Was just gonna post that. Very interesting read and insight, and made me gain more respect for the intensive process they went through in creating the footage.

However, as labor intensive and complicated it is, it's still doesn't have the heart and artistry of something like Earthquake or the old King Kong. But that's just me.

But very interesting that the actor's bodies were pretty much overlayed with CGI while keeping the faces intact. And nice confirmation in the article that they were indeed still fine tuning the footage/projections after it opened.

Also explains why the footage isn't as bright as it could be, they purposely went for a more dull/hazy pallet.

Also, this last time I went through Supercharged, it was much improved compared to my first time a week before that. It was much clearer. I definitely love that the screen is a big "U" but still wish that the screens were taller. It's painfully obvious you're looking at screens if you're not directly in the center of the tram.

Got to go through Supercharged again today. Even more fog blasts and the wind machines were going absolutely CRAZY. Like, "messed up my hair" crazy. Not sure if it was a glitch or what, but I loved it, really added to the realism of a car chase. Transformers, Simpsons, and Minion Mayhem sorely lack proper wind machines.

Nice to hear that FJ has special ones attached to the benches.

On a side note, tonight's episode of AHS mentioned F&F Supercharged at least 5 times...lmao.

I was on the Studio Tour with my girlfriend and sister over the weekend. We got to Fast and Furious and I was really interested in seeing what my sister was going to think about it, she's never done it before. We sat in front of the building for 15 minutes... There must have been some technical issues. Once we finally got inside, they did the truncated version of the first room video. We then moved into the second room where you meet up with Dom, Letty, and the gang. Right at the very end where Roman mentions his "Mona Lisa" all the work lights came on and the music stopped. Our driver said he was going to call someone up and see what we should do. They ended up just taking us back to the station and giving us front of the line passes. I was a little disappointed that my sister didn't get to see it... but at the same time I was thankful that we got the passes because I would literally rather do almost anything in that park over Supercharged. Okay... maybe not The Mummy. BUT ANYTHING ELSE!

So, from what it seems; thanks to Ryan120420, F&F has gotten a new revision for the 360 Portion, as it now has been re-Rendered for the left side to work as a more Sunset time.

Reactions: chris.g
Whaaaaaa.....???

Hmm.. too bad the whole thing can't just be redone to remove the unrealistic action that doesn't even happen in the actual films, but that's just me nitpicking as a fan of the films. And again I ask... Is it too late to bring back the old vortex tunnel? :p

Reactions: Aaron