Fantasmic! | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasmic!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well yeah, I know its not a "refurb" being considered. Just pointing out that I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting cut to just enhancements that have an easily measurable ROI for Operations and Entertainment like the last refurb was cut down to just what was absolutely visually necessary to keep the show limping along. If its getting pushed from California, I'd expect it to be a complete rework, but if it's coming from TDO...I'd expect little more than expanded seating, maybe new projectors and some scenes from newer movies.

Well yeah, I know its not a "refurb" being considered. Just pointing out that I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting cut to just enhancements that have an easily measurable ROI for Operations and Entertainment like the last refurb was cut down to just what was absolutely visually necessary to keep the show limping along. If its getting pushed from California, I'd expect it to be a complete rework, but if it's coming from TDO...I'd expect little more than expanded seating, maybe new projectors and some scenes from newer movies.

Normally, I'd agree, but this would possibly be a chance to get rid of foamheads which is a huge labor cost.

Oh it's ok to doubt me Skip, I make mistakes just like anyone else. Simply sharing what was told to me that's all. :thumbs:

Normally, I'd agree, but this would possibly be a chance to get rid of foamheads which is a huge labor cost.

I hadn't thought of that...an entirely water-screen dependent show. It is obviously very popular with World of Color, and the new CineSpec at Universal seems to be doing well. But I'm not sure I see them spending the money to do it properly, unless the extra 1k+ seats would get it to that tipping point.

Fantasmic and new castle show at MK so unless their is a surprise don't get to excited.

Fantasmic and new castle show at MK so unless their is a surprise don't get to excited.

Fantasmic, IMO, is exciting enough, if it's a legit reboot. Show has been floundering in its current state for far too long.

I have my source trying to pin down other stuff. He mentioned something, but wasn't sure of its legitimacy.

Whose source is correct? Whose source makes it to the next round? Find out tonight, on another WDW press announcement :wave:

Wait...sounds like something may have already happened, but it is being held until later tonight...this is getting odd...

This is where I wish I had more solid info/sources for things other than Operations. I'm pretty much in the dark on this apart from some educated guesses :lol:

My bet is yours on this. This is my best source, but even he admitted the media event has taken him by surprise.

I'm just messing with you Skip, you know as well as I do sources can be dead on or WAY off at any given time.

It's such a good feeling to click on a new WDW thread here that isn't pure speculation or a chronicle of the downfalls of the resort. Please let this be the start of something big :pray: