Epcot Forever | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot Forever

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The show will be replaced with "EPCOT Forever" as an interim show, debuting April 3 2023. A brand-new EPCOT firework show will debut later in 2023.

Disney has also confirmed that there will be a phased removal of the fireworks platform in World Showcase lagoon.

We won

Reactions: salismetho
WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

now chop them up into little pieces and sell limited edition commutative pins with them. Own your own piece of a Chapek disaster.

Last edited:
So what lesson will Disney learn from Harmonious?

I fear they will come to the conclusion that the way the show was presented on the barges was the problem (which it certainly was a problem), but audiences liked the use of IP. IP can be used well, but ROE ran for 20+ years and had guests leaving home happy every night. They need to strive for something evergreen like that again. I'm sure IP will be included in whatever they do next, but IP can't be the #1 thought and if it is, you're more likely to run into another Harmonious and Enchantment situation.

So what lesson will Disney learn from Harmonious?
Not enough Moana

How much must all those barges must have cost, just like all the money they spent on Rivers of Light. And I'm sure the people who planned those things and approved them all failed upwards with no consequences (the Disney way of late!)
Rivers makes me nervous, but in the opposite direction from Harmonius

I'm sure someone was trying to say *something* with it...but it just became an odd collection of things happening

The cool thing about ROE is the simplicity of its moments that meant a lot more upon further examination

I would also say the park helped to enhance ROE's meaning...something that can still work

To be fair, I honestly didn't hate Harmonius, I thought the barges were ugly, of course, but I didn't think the show was terrible

It honestly was much better than Enchantment

Using their IP as a platform to celebrate global culture was also kind of an interesting idea, if not a little arrogant

But overall not a complete disaster the way some make it out to be

Last edited:
On Magic, resident Epcot fan and historian Martin seemed cautiously optimistic based on what he'd heard. That was a couple months ago, though.
Yes insiders on that site have been saying that the upcoming show should be more appropriate to Epcot. The idea is that overall the purists will be more satisfied this time around.

Reactions: belloq87
Yes insiders on that site have been saying that the upcoming show should be more appropriate to Epcot.
I'm not a BRING IT BACKKKK type of guy but...

If they just announced Illuminations ROE with a re-recorded score and modern tech then it would satisfy a whole lot of people

Get Beyonce to sing We Go On and I'll be there every night

My main concern with an "Epcot appropriate" show is that nobody knows what Epcot is anymore

Its been allowed to stagnate, then torn apart, then re-torn apart, then had three different CEOs try to "re-invent" it

My fear is that they won't be able to see past Epcot Forever and we'll get some generic and pretentious show

Reactions: OrlLover
I love Harmonious. Y'all a bunch of haters. :lol: I wonder if they would ever consider repurposing the barges for a show in Animal Kingdom's theater to replace Rivers of Light.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
I love Harmonious. Y'all a bunch of haters. :lol: I wonder if they would ever consider repurposing the barges for a show in Animal Kingdom's theater to replace Rivers of Light.
Show good, barges ugly

They're just so massive, I can totally see the lights being harvest, but otherwise, may not be worth it

Another point to IllumiNations was the simplicity of the barges for the show

For a company that claims to ask, “What’s the story?” For every single decision (see the door handles on The Disney Wish) you’d think someone along the way would have asked that about Harmonious

Reactions: belloq87