Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another theory, Maybe the rumors of a new DWT show are accurate, they just got the dates wrong on when it is happening. SNW is opening in early 2023 and maybe once it does open, DWT will go down for refurbishment and reopen with that new show. That way we get two new attractions in 2023, SNW and a new DWT show to make up for no new addition in 2022. Plus with KFP approaching 5 years of age, it is getting to a point where might want to swap it out for something fresh.

Another theory, Maybe the rumors of a new DWT show are accurate, they just got the dates wrong on when it is happening. SNW is opening in early 2023 and maybe once it does open, DWT will go down for refurbishment and reopen with that new show. That way we get two new attractions in 2023, SNW and a new DWT show to make up for no new addition in 2022. Plus with KFP approaching 5 years of age, it is getting to a point where might want to swap it out for something fresh.
I'd assume if they do open it, then it wont happen until late next year.

Unless we are lucky, they have zero reasons for another new attraction so close to Super Mario World...but later next year...its still too early but would make more sense then within months of a new ride and land

I know this is way off topic, but if F&F is taking over part of the Simpsons Fast Food Blvd area, what if Bourne took over the ride space a few years later? That would be very costly, but both could fit together as an Action movie theme land, if that's what they're going for with F&F. Right now the big draw is the Simpsons Ride building next to the Starway, but with a coaster next to it, it seems like the bright colors would clash. A purpose-built Bourne theater in the same space could blend in better and provide a little more continuity.

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, I really don't know. USH has so few things on the Upper Lot that hasn't really been touched in the Comcast era, and The Simpsons Ride is one of them. And it would also give them a reason to re-develop the Waterworld area a few years after that for a new land, with having two stunt shows in the same park, if that's really going to be set aside for future park developments.

I know this is way off topic, but if F&F is taking over part of the Simpsons Fast Food Blvd area, what if Bourne took over the ride space a few years later? That would be very costly, but both could fit together as an Action movie theme land, if that's what they're going for with F&F. Right now the big draw is the Simpsons Ride building next to the Starway, but with a coaster next to it, it seems like the bright colors would clash. A purpose-built Bourne theater in the same space could blend in better and provide a little more continuity.

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, I really don't know. USH has so few things on the Upper Lot that hasn't really been touched in the Comcast era, and The Simpsons Ride is one of them. And it would also give them a reason to re-develop the Waterworld area a few years after that for a new land, with having two stunt shows in the same park, if that's really going to be set aside for future park developments.
Bourne could also go on the lower lot as well. There has been much speculation that USH plans on demoing soundstages for future theme park expansion.

They could...but Dream Work's theater cost not much to run and gets a cheer everytime i go on it and its super easy to change the shows....but pandemic happened so hasn't happened yet

I think Lower Lot makes the most amount of sense, to waste the simpsons area with a show that could have become a new mini land...just i hope not

New Puss in Boots was good, any chance we get a Puss in Boots film in the theater?

tumblr_n730psb5ks1qzgghgo1_500.gifv

Reactions: Ron101
It wont happen but god…I wish

but puss is the most wanted film in there, besides Shrek
With HTTYD getting it's own land at EU I think it is possible the next film for the theater could be a HTTYD film. It would make sense as I think KFP will be swapped out in the 2023-2025 timeframe. Maybe at the end of 2023 at the earliest to make up for the fact we got nothing in 2022. But TBH a new DWT film would also be useful next year with both the SES stage and Animal Actors being shuttered on the upper lot to make way for the F&F roller coaster and SNW requiring reservations to get into for who knows how long, it could help with crowds.

Maybe Shrek 5 will help bring Shrek back since that's happening.
Every since DWT opened I had a gut feeling that Shrek would someday come back. But I wonder what a new Shrek show would be about. Considering how the series poked fun at Disney maybe it could involve a battle between "evil" versions of the Disney princesses.

Every since DWT opened I had a gut feeling that Shrek would someday come back. But I wonder what a new Shrek show would be about. Considering how the series poked fun at Disney maybe it could involve a battle between "evil" versions of the Disney princesses.

Maybe all the Shrek villains come back in ghost form this time lol

Lost my mind when Puss performed a frame perfect parry on Death.

I really enjoyed the art style, I'm curious if they use it for Shrek 5.

I also have a theory that Big Jack was a representation of Bob Chapek and Jiminy was trying to talk workers rights and ethical business to him.

With HTTYD getting it's own land at EU I think it is possible the next film for the theater could be a HTTYD film. It would make sense as I think KFP will be swapped out in the 2023-2025 timeframe. Maybe at the end of 2023 at the earliest to make up for the fact we got nothing in 2022. But TBH a new DWT film would also be useful next year with both the SES stage and Animal Actors being shuttered on the upper lot to make way for the F&F roller coaster and SNW requiring reservations to get into for who knows how long, it could help with crowds.
Like we all assume HHTYD for years and...nothing

Maybe they just never made a second film for the theater yet and still have not (I mean unless we get lucky and get Nintendoland and a new show within 2023) but I think at this point its anyone guess on whats coming next.

Especially if the new Puss film is as amazing as it is and could win best animated film of the year since Disney has nothing this year to fight it

Universal should just get Dreamworks to create a 8 minute show based on the movie they just released, after they finish work on the movie. Puss in Boots is already getting rave reviews and this would've been the perfect time to announce a new show to go with it. Then, they'd have two shows to rotate and so on with every new dreamworks theatrical release.

Trolls is my bet if there's a replacement. But fwiw my understanding is that there aren't any plans for a new film currently
I think part of the reason why they are no plans to do a new film right now has to do with the fact that animation is a long process and I am pretty sure the artists at Dreamworks would want their works to be shown for a substantial period time which would be several years (maybe a decade) to make it worth their while to create these attractions. I could see a new film in 2024-2025.

lol

If Trolls.....trolls gets a show when they have Shrek, Puss, HTTYD, Bad Guys and so on....just that sucks. Trolls is for one audience and rest are for everyone

Sometimes our experiences aren’t reflective of reality.
I don't want to hate on Trolls fans...enjoy if thats yout thing. But Trolls and Sing are just made for people who enjoy them....Puss 2 is being called a masterpiece is anyone really calling Trolls more then it is...a fun kids movie