DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (Opening June 14, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Clearly they fumbled yesterday but all they can do is learn from it going forward. Like I stated something must have happened behind the scenes for them to even delay releasing the information.

That’s something Universal needs to work on as clearly their communication channels aren’t up to par.

This seemed to get lost in the botched announcement yesterday. Weird it came from a personal account.

Thread, click for more info.

Isn’t that the same general plot as the Barney show? Everyone gathering together and used their imagination to summon Barney?

I don't know what they were planning, but I can't imagine scheduling tweets and publishing a website is that difficult when their Epic Universe reveals so far are going seamless so far.
The only difference is you got a 2pm announcement instead of an 11am one.

Isn’t that the same general plot as the Barney show? Everyone gathering together and used their imagination to summon Barney?
Maybe? We don't know enough about the new show to really say.

Reactions: Nico
I'm a hyperfan following pretty closely yesterday and even I missed some of the information. I ended up learning about Imagination Celebration through Alicia's new video. Definitely could've handled it all a lot better.
I got most of my information from the news articles on this site. I honestly totally missed there was any release information in the e-mail I got until this morning. I have let it go in my friend group to see if anyone else would mention it, nothing from anyone.

Agreed. The Epic reveals have been amazing and everyone I know with passes knows about it and starts talking about it. Nothing yesterday. No one knew anything. I don't get how you do such amazing Epic reveals and this just goes by with barely a whisper. This isn't hard in this day and age. The e-mail should have been the subject "New Dreamworks land opening this summer", how hard was that?!?!? Then in e-mail have all of the new stuff highlighted with links to the release website.
To me, the difference is in the amount of news agencies reporting it. Epic stuff gets picked up by major nationals, film sites, Nintendo sites, potter sites, horror sites, etc.

The people sharing yesterday’s news were definitely more theme park fan sites than anything else. However, a delay in release does complicate when and who reports. Especially if there wasn’t an embargo for this material with national/local affiliates.

The biggest difference here is there was not a blog post or informational video like we get with Epic announcements... but the resort rarely coordinates that much effort for usual announcements, so this is more like a regular announcement, just later in the day.

The official press release is the most complete info source by the way, in case ya all want to see the information in one place: Universal Orlando Resort Reveals Exciting Collection of Experiences Debuting This Summer – Including an All-New Parade and Nighttime Lagoon Show Celebrating Iconic Films, A New Hogwarts Castle Projection Show in The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, and More

I expect an official blog post as we get closer to these entertainment offerings debuting.

Timing isn't the issue, it's how messy it all was. Just odd seeing how they can do a great job at EU announcement and then pull something as messy as yesterday lol

What was messy? There was a PR and they tweeted about it with a direct link to all the necessary info. There was nothing different about it than any normal announcement outside it being bumped later.

Like Aiello's tweet doesn't really offer up any new info than what we got a few months ago in the initial drop.

DreamWorks Imagination Celebration: Popular DreamWorks Animation stories leap off the screen and come to life in DreamWorks Imagination Celebration. The multisensory adventure combines hit pop songs, high-energy dancing, advanced technology, and more to create an imaginative party atmosphere that will transport guests to the worlds of their favorite characters within the all-new DreamWorks Theater.

The biggest difference here is there was not a blog post or informational video like we get with Epic announcements... but the resort rarely coordinates that much effort for usual announcements, so this is more like a regular announcement, just later in the day.

The official press release is the most complete info source by the way, in case ya all want to see the information in one place: Universal Orlando Resort Reveals Exciting Collection of Experiences Debuting This Summer – Including an All-New Parade and Nighttime Lagoon Show Celebrating Iconic Films, A New Hogwarts Castle Projection Show in The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter, and More

I expect an official blog post as we get closer to these entertainment offerings debuting.
It seems to me that's what should have been shared on social media, not the ultra-sparse post that did go up...
Screen-Shot-2024-04-30-at-10-33-40-AM.png

Wouldn't they want the info in the press release to be as widely-seen as possible?

To me, the difference is in the amount of news agencies reporting it. Epic stuff gets picked up by major nationals, film sites, Nintendo sites, potter sites, horror sites, etc.

The people sharing yesterday’s news were definitely more theme park fan sites than anything else. However, a delay in release does complicate when and who reports. Especially if there wasn’t an embargo for this material with national/local affiliates.

What was messy? There was a PR and they tweeted about it with a direct link to all the necessary info. There was nothing different about it than any normal announcement outside it being bumped later.

Like Aiello's tweet doesn't really offer up any new info than what we got a few months ago in the initial drop.

DreamWorks Imagination Celebration: Popular DreamWorks Animation stories leap off the screen and come to life in DreamWorks Imagination Celebration. The multisensory adventure combines hit pop songs, high-energy dancing, advanced technology, and more to create an imaginative party atmosphere that will transport guests to the worlds of their favorite characters within the all-new DreamWorks Theater.

To me the fact that AP holders that I know that keep up with their e-mails had no clue this happened. I did finally ask my universal loving friend group and nope, they all missed it. Why? Because the e-mail that went out was HORRIBLE. From the subject to how the e-mail was written no one realized it was a bunch of opening dates and new stuff. The e-mail should have been what the webpage was which is outlining each thing with release dates with a different subject. People skim marketing e-mails and if nothing pops out they trash them. So their e-mail needed to pop and say, we have new stuff starting June 14th and it just didn't.

It wasn't social media that they saw when they were all talking about Epic, it was the e-mail sent to them in the morning that got them looking at all the new Epic stuff first thing in the AM. I gave them all the way until after 11 today to see if maybe they were busy and didn't get to their e-mail until morning. Nope.

To me the fact that AP holders that I know that keep up with their e-mails had no clue this happened. I did finally ask my universal loving friend group and nope, they all missed it. Why? Because the e-mail that went out was HORRIBLE. From the subject to how the e-mail was written no one realized it was a bunch of opening dates and new stuff. The e-mail should have been what the webpage was which is outlining each thing with release dates with a different subject. People skim marketing e-mails and if nothing pops out they trash them. So their e-mail needed to pop and say, we have new stuff starting June 14th and it just didn't.

It wasn't social media that they saw when they were all talking about Epic, it was the e-mail sent to them in the morning that got them looking at all the new Epic stuff first thing in the AM. I gave them all the way until after 11 today to see if maybe they were busy and didn't get to their e-mail until morning. Nope.

That's fair. I saw the AP e-mail and it was unassuming - but that would've happened regardless of the timing of the news release. That's all I'm saying.
It seems to me that's what should have been shared on social media, not the ultra-sparse post that did go up...

Wouldn't they want the info in the press release to be as widely-seen as possible?

Ultimately, that's all the GP will generally care about - Basic info with dates. If you're looking for specific details, you're probably already following a social channel or site that provides all that information (or just watches the 6pm News for their rundown).

That's fair. I saw the AP e-mail and it was unassuming - but that would've happened regardless of the timing of the news release. That's all I'm saying.

Ultimately, that's all the GP will generally care about - Basic info with dates. If you're looking for specific details, you're probably already following a social channel or site that provides all that information (or just watches the 6pm News for their rundown).
I never had an issue with the timing, mine was always once they did release the information how poorly it was released and how hard it was to find all the information. If I didn't have this site I would still be in the dark.

I agree the GP only cares about the basic information, I don't have an issue with the detail on their site, but that basic info should have been in their marketing e-mails too.

Ignoring timing, Universal should be the first to announce things officially, not fan/new sites, unless that's what they want.

Problem is that the info is too basic. Unless you follow a fan site, you wouldn't know what a "Symphonic Spectacular" is as the public UOR website (where the bulk of eyes go) states it is a "cinematic journey with stirring soundtracks..." no mention it's a nighttime spectacular with pyro/drones/etc.

Also, on the site, no specific mention of which of the two UOR parks its located in. Obviously us fans know, but the general public doesn't.

Ignoring timing, Universal should be the first to announce things officially, not fan/new sites, unless that's what they want.
Sorry, but I don't think that's a fair critique. It's not on Universal that fan sites are patrolling their website for every nook and cranny to beat them by 5 minutes.

Problem is that the info is too basic. Unless you follow a fan site, you wouldn't know what a "Symphonic Spectacular" is as the public UOR website (where the bulk of eyes go) states it is a "cinematic journey with stirring soundtracks..." no mention it's a nighttime spectacular with pyro/drones/etc.

The GP doesn't care how many fountains or drones. They just wanna know when and where, and who's included. "Oh it's got Potter, Jurassic, and Jaws? Sign me up!". Us nerds care about the stat line.

Also, on the site, no specific mention of which of the two UOR parks its located in. Obviously us fans know, but the general public doesn't.

I'll give you that. It doesn't take rocket science but "people gonna people".

I just found it odd that there was no concept art for the parade and it just felt like they just threw it out there.

Sort of like there was a more cohesive media package that was supposed to drop in the morning, but a server crashed and ate it or the flash drive it was on fell into a latte, so they scrambled and got something out at 2P.

Sorry, but I don't think that's a fair critique. It's not on Universal that fan sites are patrolling their website for every nook and cranny to beat them by 5 minutes.

The GP doesn't care how many fountains or drones. They just wanna know when and where, and who's included. "Oh it's got Potter, Jurassic, and Jaws? Sign me up!". Us nerds care about the stat line.

I'll give you that. It doesn't take rocket science but "people gonna people".
Not saying it's on Universal that fans patrol their site and got beat, can care less about timing again, my issue is that the info from Universal directly was all scrambled.

My issue with basic info isn't that Universal didn't provide a stat line on number of fountains or drones, it's little information on necessary information that we should know about that should make it easy to suggest this is a nighttime entertainment offering with fireworks (which is what the public is drawn to). The official concept art isn't even on the website at the moment, just the logo.

I just found it odd that there was no concept art for the parade and it just felt like they just threw it out there.

Sort of like there was a more cohesive media package that was supposed to drop in the morning, but a server crashed and ate it or the flash drive it was on fell into a latte, so they scrambled and got something out at 2P.
Better said than I. I would have thought things would be announced cohesively based on last week's (well organized) hype machine with some sort of accompanying video/media.

No one will care about the announcement being delayed 3 hours in a week or when everything opens. Touch grass.
Relax, no need to make things personal. I'm bored at work discussing things in an online forum dedicated to Universal.

My money is on the flash drive falling into a latte.....or maybe a Duff's Light. ;) :)

If this is Universal's big draw for 2024, I think it's fair to criticize making the announcement rollout confusing enough to make even people who were guaranteed to learn about everything have to work for it. Timing really isn't an issue for me, it's about making a big splash with their first impression.