Dr. Oddfellow: Twisted Origins (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Dr. Oddfellow: Twisted Origins (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Dr. Oddfellow: Twisted Origins
In the 1930s Dust Bowl era, guests won’t be able to resist going inside Dr. Oddfellow’s menacing menagerie of twisted oddities where they’ll encounter grotesquely distorted animals and freakish fiends. In “Dr. Oddfellow: Twisted Origins,” the price to enter this creepy caravan is steep as souls feed his immortal power.

From the podcast:

"To begin with, we have Dr. Oddfellow's Twisted Origins. That name may sound familiar to some of our friends. That name is referenced in Jack's history. Jack killed Dr. Oddfellow, taking his cane of souls, wearing his jacket. He comes back right. We know this story. But who was Dr. Oddfellow. Well, in this house, it puts us in the 1930s, dust bowl of America and we're walking up to a circus. But it's after hours. It's not the main show. He has invited us for this more twisted version of, you know, they used to do these freak shows back in the day and that type of thing he's trying to draw in this type of audience. Like "Yeah, no. come back for the after hours. The night time show". But you don't go through the main entrance. In fact, you kind of walk around and enter the side of the tent under the bleachers. And that's when we realize this is a little bit more going on then just your typical circus acts. So, first of all greeted by a couple of not so pleasant clowns. Then, Dr. Oddfellow says "we have these things for you to witness and experience". And as we go through, we realize the acts that are set up are just murdering people. It's not like people are actually skilled. These aren't great aerialists or great clowns or great illusionists. They're just killing people. But there's even one more thing happening. See, Dr. Oddfellow set this all up to take our souls because he's turning himself immortal. He's using the Cane of Souls to steal our souls as he twists us and breaks us using the power connected to the zodiac. So this is where it all begins for him. There's also a certain clown in this house known by the name of Jack, long long ago, who is seeking a lot of attention and even though we don't experience much of this, we do see at one point a silhouette of Jack pops up and we kind of see him behind a curtain and then we actually witness Dr. Oddfellow kill Jack in the house in a little silhouette. That is actually the moment Jack cut open Dr. Oddfellow's face. Blood from his face dripped onto Jack while he was dying. So this immortal blood from Dr. Oddfellow bled into Jack as he died and they both became immortal in the same night. Thus, becoming these rivals for the ages. And that's the night Jack is put into the box. So he kills him, stuffs him in the box, and we see that Dr. Oddfellow has become immortal by the end, and kills us, and we're sent into this other plane of existence.

Love it. Solid little retcon that explains why/how Jack came back eventually. Incorporates the lore of the Cane of Souls, which was featured pretty heavily in 2007. Great that they're setting expectations now and not letting a Jack cameo take over the house. Silhouette scene sounds right.

This is very, very exciting. Notice the curtains being set up for the exit walk? The house doesn't just end when you exit the tent, much like TCM 2016 or Halloween 2014!

I really hope they do that with this house. TCM 2007 and 2016 had those small outdoor gotcha scares and so did Monsters and Mayhem. Can’t remember how many others have done it. They haven’t done one since 26.

Just wanna add that I wouldn’t mind another facade scare like Dead Waters. That gave me such a genuine shock and it was the perfect facade to do it with since you were distracted by that stunning facade.

I really hope they do that with this house. TCM 2007 and 2016 had those small outdoor gotcha scares and so did Monsters and Mayhem. Can’t remember how many others have done it. They haven’t done one since 26.

Just wanna add that I wouldn’t mind another facade scare like Dead Waters. That gave me such a genuine shock and it was the perfect facade to do it with since you were distracted by that stunning facade.
Imagine if they have a scareactor in that lil outdoor tent. CHAOS!

That will be a great return. Insidious in 2015 had it and it got me and my friend well. My HS history teacher use to be a scareactor back in the day and she told me she was off one night and went to HHN, can’t remember if it was Halloween in 2014 or TCM in 2016 but one of them got her so good with that outside scare that she went running, even though she 100% knew it was there, it still got her. Her friends and the SA, that she also was friends with all died laughing.

Reactions: garpeel and Darko
That will be a great return. Insidious in 2015 had it and it got me and my friend well. My HS history teacher use to be a scareactor back in the day and she told me she was off one night and went to HHN, can’t remember if it was Halloween in 2014 or TCM in 2016 but one of them got her so good with that outside scare that she went running, even though she 100% knew it was there, it still got her. Her friends and the SA, that she also was friends with all died laughing.
Insidious! That was one of the ones I was trying to remember. That was a great house too.

This is very, very exciting. Notice the curtains being set up for the exit walk? The house doesn't just end when you exit the tent, much like TCM 2016 or Halloween 2014!

Unfortunately, that is not the case. The newest construction photos reveal the curtains on the fences have been removed. The second photo shows a completely bare fence.

To further this, look at the second photo you quoted, smack dab in the middle are two paint cans, one of them red. The curtains weren't being installed on the fence; they were hanging out to dry as several spots on the curtains look a tad dark/wet.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. The newest construction photos reveal the curtains on the fences have been removed. The second photo shows a completely bare fence.

To further this, look at the second photo you quoted, smack dab in the middle are two paint cans, one of them red. The curtains weren't being installed on the fence; they were hanging out to dry as several spots on the curtains look a tad dark/wet.

As a HHN newbie, what am I looking at here? Is this the entrance?