Disney's Wish | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Wish

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No social media in the 80's, but the primary source of advertising movies was trailers on tv and in the movie theaters. If a trailer didn't attract attendance, there was little chance of success. Word of mouth was slow with no social media existing. If a movie wasn't a blockbuster budget, it would disappear from theaters overnight.

Trailers are massively important in selling a movie. The single biggest thing imo.
wat I was saying is that before the movie comes out yeah, trailers are important
but today with Twitter, good word of mouth can save a bad trailer. or completely kill a movie .
I'm talking about after the first week. that first week will either save a movie with a bad trailer or completely bury it.
for me the trailer of the Marvels didn't seem horrible. it wasn't just normal.

Reactions: Ahmanet
wat I was saying is that before the movie comes out yeah, trailers are important
but today with Twitter, good word of mouth can save a bad trailer. or completely kill a movie .
I'm talking about after the first week. that first week will either save a movie with a bad trailer or completely bury it.
for me the trailer of the Marvels didn't seem horrible. it wasn't just normal.
I agree good word of mouth can overcome a bad trailer, but at that point you’re probably already starting from behind like Elemental did this summer.