Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would also say that you get several shows in the base Sea World ticket and special food booths. I don't understand paying extra for a holiday event when the other parks are included in the standard ticket. I never understood the appeal of Disney up-charge holiday events outside of people who just want a 1 day park ticket because it is lower lines. But now it seems the events are more expensive than a 1 day park ticket making it even less appealing.

I really hope that Universal never goes down this money grabbing path.
The thing is I’d actually gladly pay more than a one day ticket for shorter lines. That’s basically what Genie+ is and I’ll basically never do a park day without that again. The party offerings tend to just be icing on the cake.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Jake S
Eh. It's real easy to make mistakes without knowing how people will actually act in a new event.
It's no secret that Disney knows the vlogger community will make a significant portion of the attendance for anything new on the first day. After seeing the Tip Top Club, it looks like they were just doing the bare minimum to claim it's an "experience" to boost up the number of unique offerings.

Nah. You test things in the park as part of normal operations before expanding it into a hard ticket event. This feels like the opposite.
It feels like they wanted to boost DHS holiday offerings before they decided to put it behind a paywall.

I really hope that Universal never goes down this money grabbing path.
Don't underestimate them - Universal I'm sure is dying to offer a "Potter After Dark" event lol

tbh after seeing almost all the rides as a walk-on has me still ok with going. I just want to do the new rides without a 3 hr wait
The big issue I have with DHS is that the rides are prone to downtime. Tower, RNRC, Runaway, and ROTR are all prone to significant downtime and/or reduced capacity which could throw a wrench into your plans with the limited time available during the event.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The thing is I’d actually gladly pay more than a one day ticket for shorter lines. That’s basically what Genie+ is and I’ll basically never do a park day without that again. The party offerings tend to just be icing on the cake.
Yeah, that's what I do for the MK Xmas celebration. Using that thought, it's about the same as a one day ticket, plus you get extra entertainment that's good, and some cookies and drinks thrown in. But it's essential that the park lets you in at 4:00 PM to take proper advantage....But the DHS event doesn't interest me since the extra stuff isn't all that great and DHS doesn't have many rides available like MK does......and for @UniversalRBLX: I agree on your Potter hard ticket. But I think they'll do it at Epic with a Yule Ball in the Great Hall.

Reactions: Grabnar
Tonight's night #2 of Jollywood Nights, interested in seeing if the crowds are any better and if they've improved at all. It's another sold out night, but it shouldn't have as much media there.

Reactions: Clive
Rumor on the *forums that shall not be named* is that a major expansion get approved for DHS, likely in Animation Courtyard.
Please be for the Zootopia land...
I Hope Please GIF

Reactions: Nico
Rumor on the *forums that shall not be named* is that a major expansion get approved for DHS, likely in Animation Courtyard.

Please be for the Zootopia land...
I Hope Please GIF

This is such a weird Catch-22, since I would be delighted for any kind of expansion to replace the corpse of Animation Courtyard, and Zootopia would honestly fit the best in DHS. But the odd negative is the ride itself, because it clearly takes quite a bit of inspiration from MMRR which is in DHS already, so you're gonna' get some same-same comparisons. But even more so, the Zootopia ride looks more plussed up compared to MMRR, so that could make MMRR feel quite dated if they're in the same park.

This is such a weird Catch-22, since I would be delighted for any kind of expansion to replace the corpse of Animation Courtyard, and Zootopia would honestly fit the best in DHS. But the odd negative is the ride itself, because it clearly takes quite a bit of inspiration from MMRR which is in DHS already, so you're gonna' get some same-same comparisons. But even more so, the Zootopia ride looks more plussed up compared to MMRR, so that could make MMRR feel quite dated if they're in the same park.
Look at this point I don't care lmaoooo. I just really want it in the states

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'd be fine (happy, even) with Zootopia remaining on the other side of the Pacific, but Hollywood Studios could really use another E-Ticket and I can't think of another obvious option based on what is/was recently in the pipeline.

I will say that I don't think most guests realize Mickey and Minnie/Rise of the Resistance use the same ride system. So, I can't imagine many more will pick up on Zootopia returning to that well.

Multiple roller coasters, of all levels, exist in every park. If this ride is different and unique enough from the 2 trackless rides currently in the park, it’d work great. We also get an entire land along with the ride.

Reactions: saint.piss
Hollywood Studios has a solid chunk of the best rides in the entire resort and is still without a doubt the worst WDW park. It needs something brand new that serves families and younger guests imo. Especially if you're getting rid of two young-skewing shows for this.

Animation Courtyard is a blight, but I hope whatever comes after is more than just "Well, it's better than Animation Courtyard".

I don't want any more clones in the Disney parks. The Imagineers should have the resources to make that work. I hate the further homogenization of global Disney parks.

We absolutely don't need Zootopia in Hollywood Studios, which already has two trackless dark rides that use many of the same gags and techniques as Hot Pursuit... and that's before you get into how many of the story elements of the ride would be viewed in the United States.

Last edited:
We absolutely don't need Zootopia in Hollywood Studios, which already has two trackless dark rides that use many of the same gags and techniques as Hot Pursuit... and that's before you get into how many of the store elements of the ride would be viewed in the United States.
the dude your opinion GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SeventyOne
I don't want any more clones in the Disney parks. The Imagineers should have the resources to make that work. I hate the further homogenization of global Disney parks.

Unfortunately, I would expect more clones in the parks. Time and Money always come into play, and there's always a good chunk of both when it comes to the R&D of any new attraction. And with the way Disney has been hyping things, I don't think they have the time for the R&D of a bunch of new stuff. It's going to be quicker and cheaper for them to toss in clones as their various additions within the decade.