Disney to Buy Marvel | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney to Buy Marvel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Retheme Marvell to Transformers anyone ?

phdfdfdoneunch.gif

Seriously, the Transformers nonsense needs to stop. This is easily the most annoying rumor since people kept insisting that The Fast and The Furious would replace Back to the Future.

:bang:

I know that, but I find it pretty funny that a couple of years ago Transformers coming to Orlando was thought of not happenning

Well at least we know we still have Spiderman and Marvel at IOA...well for now

In my opinion Universal is going to hold onto Marvel for a long time. Spider-Man is a big name and with another trilogy just starting, he's going to be on people's minds and they want to ride the ride. Not to mention Hulk suddenly got extremely popular with moviegoers. The Marvel property is too valuable for Universal not to make as money off it as they can while it's this big and farther into the future.

In my opinion Universal is going to hold onto Marvel for a long time. Spider-Man is a big name and with another trilogy just starting, he's going to be on people's minds and they want to ride the ride. Not to mention Hulk suddenly got extremely popular with moviegoers. The Marvel property is too valuable for Universal not to make as money off it as they can while it's this big and farther into the future.

Yup.

And just think of this. Next year, Universal can put Harry Potter, Spider-man, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hulk, Jurassic Park, and the Minions on their advertisements. How insanely POWERFUL will that be for young boys? I mean, if you put a Uni ad with those characters next to a Disney add that features some cartoon characters, who's gonna win out with the boys?

Add Cap, Thor, IM & The Avengers, and A FF movie planned... Uni would be stupid to let Marvel go, not that I ever thought it would happen.

Yup.

And just think of this. Next year, Universal can put Harry Potter, Spider-man, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hulk, Jurassic Park, and the Minions on their advertisements. How insanely POWERFUL will that be for young boys? I mean, if you put a Uni ad with those characters next to a Disney add that features some cartoon characters, who's gonna win out with the boys?

I'm sure lots of boys are excited for New Fantasyland :look:

Given the recent reports of how cheap Disney has been with the Orlando resort and them not planning on spending any money on any attractions anywhere, I would think that Universal is safe with Marvel's characters for a long time. Is Disney really going to go into litigation to get the rights back when they're too cheap to even build a new attraction based on these characters in the first place?

Given the recent reports of how cheap Disney has been with the Orlando resort and them not planning on spending any money on any attractions anywhere, I would think that Universal is safe with Marvel's characters for a long time. Is Disney really going to go into litigation to get the rights back when they're too cheap to even build a new attraction based on these characters in the first place?

Valid point, but Iger really wants to these characters to use in the Florida parks. Like really bad. So it throws a wrench to that argument. :lol: