Disney to Buy Marvel | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney to Buy Marvel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disaster, which is basically still Earthquake....isn't Twister a Uni property? T2 I'm pretty sure is Uni as well. Curious George I think was a Uni film (even though it was baaaad).

Disaster, which is basically still Earthquake....isn't Twister a Uni property? T2 I'm pretty sure is Uni as well. Curious George I think was a Uni film (even though it was baaaad).

I'm not counting Disaster...:lol: Twister is WB, and T2 was Columbia/Tri-Star. Curious George is based off of a children's book, that Universal so happened to make a movie off of. Plus, the land came before the movie. Point being, Disney doesn't need to have it's properties solely in DHS because they have 3 other parks to spread it around. Universal has 1, save for JP. (I'm not counting IoA because it's supposed to be based on literary works so it's slim pickins.)

Ok then let me word it this way, DHS doesn't have any MAJOR attractions based on their own properties. USF still does....better? :thumbs:

True doesn't mean anything, was just pointing that fact that no major attractions are Disney properties at DHS, while a couple in USF are.

Sure :lol: Doesn't really mean anything of relevance. As long as the attractions are well made, who cares?
Well Twister had Universal Studios presents in the credits (Men In Black may have too)...that has to mean something...plus they have a beetlejuice show

Well Twister had Universal Studios presents in the credits (Men In Black may have too)...that has to mean something...plus they have a beetlejuice show

Twister was distributed by Universal internationally, but WB has the pull in the US. MiB is Sony, and Beetlejuice is WB again. We're beating a dead horse with the subject though, the point was that both "studio" parks are pretty similar when it comes to using other properties.

True it would be prudent to see what the financial aspects of it would be, but to be honest, how many places can they put these characters?

DHS is quickly turning into everything else EXCEPT Disney with Pixar, SW, Muppets, IJ, ToT, RRC. The only Disney stuff in there is Mermaid, Animation, and Playhouse.

You seem to forget that the park was known as Disney-MGM Studios up until a couple of years ago. Plus the Muppets have been there since pretty much the park opened and the park is an entertainment themed park so Disney if going to go for the popular brands.

FYI. Disney owns the Muppets and Pixar.

As far as the marvel thing goes. No. They are not going to give universal money to ditch what they have. They have the best of both worlds right now. They are making some royalty fees off of merch there and in their own parks. Disney is more interested in the movie right now.

Disney, I would imagine, or at least hope, would have some kind of mind-blowing ideas in mind to execute. They know how popular Spider-Man is. I would hope they'd have an idea for some new ride featuring Marvel's best character if they were really going to buy out Universal. On the flip side, I would hope Universal know what a blow that would be to them. Don't really care what they replace Marvel with, it just wouldn't be as good, even if it was DC Comics (which ain't happening).

Disney, I would imagine, or at least hope, would have some kind of mind-blowing ideas in mind to execute. They know how popular Spider-Man is. I would hope they'd have an idea for some new ride featuring Marvel's best character if they were really going to buy out Universal. On the flip side, I would hope Universal know what a blow that would be to them. Don't really care what they replace Marvel with, it just wouldn't be as good, even if it was DC Comics (which ain't happening).

There is nothing on this planet that Disney could come up with that come close to the experience of the Spiderman ride currently at IOA. I'm sorry, but if they WERE to try, anything they do would be compared to that ride and it would be really difficult to beat it out.

I agree, If anyone had rode Curse of Darkastle, yoou'd know how lame it is compared to spidey. You can see so much backstage stuff its just.... bleh....

I agree, If anyone had rode Curse of Darkastle, yoou'd know how lame it is compared to spidey. You can see so much backstage stuff its just.... bleh....
I disagree. I think DarKastle is yes inferior to Spiderman but it is so far from a lame attraction. As far as dark rides go it's easily up there with.

There is nothing on this planet that Disney could come up with that come close to the experience of the Spiderman ride currently at IOA. I'm sorry, but if they WERE to try, anything they do would be compared to that ride and it would be really difficult to beat it out.

That's what I'm saying, you know? It's not just that I love Universal and think losing Marvel would hurt them a lot but you know Disney could never come up with as sweet an E-Ticket attraction as Spider-Man and theme it to a proper area in one of the parks. If they ever get Marvel in one of the parks, it's just going to be some lame character meet and greet to replace the Power Rangers in Hollywood Studios.

That's what I'm saying, you know? It's not just that I love Universal and think losing Marvel would hurt them a lot but you know Disney could never come up with as sweet an E-Ticket attraction as Spider-Man and theme it to a proper area in one of the parks. If they ever get Marvel in one of the parks, it's just going to be some lame character meet and greet to replace the Power Rangers in Hollywood Studios.

Exactly they've had the Star Wars license forever and all we've gotten was one ride and some shops and a few weekends whereas Universal got Harry Potter and Marvel and built whole sections of theme parks with them.

Exactly they've had the Star Wars license forever and all we've gotten was one ride and some shops and a few weekends whereas Universal got Harry Potter and Marvel and built whole sections of theme parks with them.

Not to mention their great idea for HP. A TSM-esque ride and a small gift shop.

I do not know if this has been mentioned But the Marvell contract gives Marvell/Disney Access to Universals books. Plus Universal is going to give away some of the mad bank they are making on WWoHP to Disney because of the contract for Marvell .So if Disney makes a good faith offer for the rights I think Universal would take it. Plus with the rumored upgrades to WWoHP they may want out of the contract that gives Disney a cut of the Gate.
Retheme Marvell to Transformers anyone ?