Disney Research, but for Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Research, but for Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Does Universal have a research labs network like Disney does through Disney Research? I'm trying to find any research that they may have published or supported.

Does Universal have a research labs network like Disney does through Disney Research? I'm trying to find any research that they may have published or supported.
Not sure, but they do a ton of surveys and focus groups...Not sure if that is the type of research you are talking about

As far as I can tell, Disney Research mostly does research to support movie-making, some blue-sky tech stuff, and a little bit of parks stuff.

I’m sure Universal does a whole bunch of movie research but I don’t think they do much on the other fronts.

Not sure, but they do a ton of surveys and focus groups...Not sure if that is the type of research you are talking about
Disney has a scientific research division in partnership with some universities, like Zurich's ETH, so they can fund young engineers to develop new technologies.

I don't think Universal has anything like that, because if they had I think we would already have seen some news about things that they had developed and can be used in the new park(like we frequently see with Disney Research).
The closest I found was Comcast Innovation Fund, but that sounds more attached with research for their internet provider division.