Disney looking to acquire DC Comics | Inside Universal Forums

Disney looking to acquire DC Comics

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh. Heck. NO.

This is getting wildly out of control. If this happens you cannot convince me that Disney isn't an entertainment monopoly. I understand WB is shedding their assets, but for the love of all that is good anyone but Disney. Literally, ANYONE. Please.

So, OnSmash, which seems to be mostly a hip-hop and sports blog, has the exlcusive scoop which says that Warner Media, which owns DC Comics, profits from DC movies, and is depending on DC to bolster its nascent streaming service, is selling to their primary competitor?

Even if this is miraculously true, I would have thought at least Mad Dog would have noted that this seems poorly sourced and unreliable, given what he's said about declining journalistic standards.

Like, seriously?

This article contains multiple links that direct back to the same article! It's written by someone named Viral MVP! It contains....whatever this paragraph is:

526346B8-8B49-4054-AA0F-5409BB366DE1.jpeg

Add this to the included advertisements and the comments, the first of which mainly refer to conspiracy theories, and this should be one of the most easily suspicious articles on the Internet. And yet, somehow, y'all are accepting this on face value? Even when considering the financial realities? Even the mods?

Reactions: Mad Dog
See, I do agree that if this is total crock then I will not be surprised. But what surprises me, is that Charles Murphy was willing to run it as a story piece for his site, Murphy's Multiverse.

I do see the Warner/Discovery merger selling some companies sold off. But DC..feels different.

So, OnSmash, which seems to be mostly a hip-hop and sports blog, has the exlcusive scoop which says that Warner Media, which owns DC Comics, profits from DC movies, and is depending on DC to bolster its nascent streaming service, is selling to their primary competitor?

Even if this is miraculously true, I would have thought at least Mad Dog would have noted that this seems poorly sourced and unreliable, given what he's said about declining journalistic standards.

Like, seriously?

This article contains multiple links that direct back to the same article! It's written by someone named Viral MVP! It contains....whatever this paragraph is:

View attachment 14586

Add this to the included advertisements and the comments, the first of which mainly refer to conspiracy theories, and this should be one of the most easily suspicious articles on the Internet. And yet, somehow, y'all are accepting this on face value? Even when considering the financial realities? Even the mods?

Both mods who replied (Nick and I) are accepting this on face value? :lol:

Didn’t know terms like this doesn’t “pass the sniff test” meant that…

Reactions: SeventyOne
See, I do agree that if this is total crock then I will not be surprised. But what surprises me, is that Charles Murphy was willing to run it as a story piece for his site, Murphy's Multiverse.

I do see the Warner/Discovery merger selling some companies sold off. But DC..feels different.
The article is gone and he did tweet this

Didn’t know terms like this doesn’t “pass the sniff test” meant that…
I thought it was pretty self-evident that the sniff test was referring to a DOJ inquiry. I imagine you wanted me to read skepticism of the source in "This doesn't make sense," but it's vague enough to mean "This doesn't make business sense." I'll concede that I perhaps misread a greater acceptance of the source than you both had, but this should have immediately been dismissed out of hand.

Like, seriously?

View attachment 14586

Your points are well taken. and yes...journalistic standards have become very lazy....with many reporters getting their info from social media rumors. and then it all becomes a false news echo chamber...As Brian said, it doesn't make much sense, but I guess we'll soon see if there's even a modicum of truth to what's probably a fantasy wish story.

Last edited:

Like, seriously?

View attachment 14586

That paragraph contains a MAJOR lie anyway - AT&T is not retaining majority shares. AT&T *shareholders* will retain majority control. I was extremely dubious when I saw that source originally, but now reading that, that's insane.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Nope, Not happening.

Sega should own some WB Games assets like Avalanche Software and TT Games, including the videogame rights to Lego, because Lego videogames are viable assets for them.

My passion project is to have Disney to own Rainbow S.p.a. and Winx Club from ViacomCBS to be part of Disney+ and Hulu, as long as the public apologies might assure.