Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would JAWS not fit with this land ? Did they not stop and at least theorize what a JAWS attraction would mean to UOR as opposed to Creature ?? If they provide the ample South American theming it would honestly be the perfect juxtaposition for AK's revamp, but the shark needs to return in this 17 billion dollar wave we get in next 10yrs.

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss
Would JAWS not fit with this land ? Did they not stop and at least theorize what a JAWS attraction would mean to UOR as opposed to Creature ?? If they provide the ample South American theming it would honestly be the perfect juxtaposition for AK's revamp, but the shark needs to return in this 17 billion dollar wave we get in next 10yrs.
If you want to ride Jaws again, go to Japan. That's all I have to say

Speed Try Not To Laugh GIF by Strapped Entertainment

Reactions: jarmor
Not to nitpick but Creature was actually South America and, in keeping with the story, would need an Amazonian jungle vibe with a tree-lined lagoon. They could have you step into a forest back a pathway that transforms into the South American feel which would lead into the ride queue.

I'm sure, when/if the Creature expansion happens, it will not be South American themed regardless of the movie. We pretty much now/assume the creature appears on the main ride, which means there is probably already story reason for him to be in this village. Any boat ride is likely to take place in a natural look wetland that fits with the overall European look. And that also leaves it open for them to have fun with the queue and explore his "Black Lagoon" origins as it were.

Years ago, upon first reveal of what the lands could be, I was ecstatic at the idea of a fleshed out land for Universal monsters. Not surprising is what I thought the area would look like, minus 1 or 2 sub/mini-lands (was thinking one of those traveling troupe play areas for kids of sorts). Anyway, to my dismay, it seems this is one of the lands with the least going on for it. I know I know, quality over quantity but I want more to do lol. It does seem this is the land of chill, the place to hang out and take it easy, a place for adults to be honest. Not trying to make it a wish list post but I think an attraction like a Vekoma Madhouse would fit perfectly in darkmoor and give it a family attraction as well.

48243935456_fa1061d8f2_b.jpg

Give it a nice story, like a seance, several pre show rooms and even random ride sequences. I even read where Universal almost got one for IOA so I wonder why not. Anyway, we will see how epic the dark ride is and if it and the eateries are enough to sustain the land (with the wolfman).

Years ago, upon first reveal of what the lands could be, I was ecstatic at the idea of a fleshed out land for Universal monsters. Not surprising is what I thought the area would look like, minus 1 or 2 sub/mini-lands (was thinking one of those traveling troupe play areas for kids of sorts). Anyway, to my dismay, it seems this is one of the lands with the least going on for it. I know I know, quality over quantity but I want more to do lol. It does seem this is the land of chill, the place to hang out and take it easy, a place for adults to be honest. Not trying to make it a wish list post but I think an attraction like a Vekoma Madhouse would fit perfectly in darkmoor and give it a family attraction as well.

Give it a nice story, like a seance, several pre show rooms and even random ride sequences. I even read where Universal almost got one for IOA so I wonder why not. Anyway, we will see how epic the dark ride is and if it and the eateries are enough to sustain the land (with the wolfman).
OMG - flashbacks of my childhood at Six Flags and Houdini's Great Escape

I've seen videos of from Efteling (I think?) and it looks so fun. Would love to see a Universal version of this and it would fit perfectly in Dark Universe!

Looking so detailed! Is Dark Universe supposed to be based on a Eastern European type village?
It seems to be lightly inspired by some of the villages seen in the classic Universal Monsters movies (particularly the ones featuring the Frankenstein Monster), which were set in a nebulous Bavarian/Swiss/Alpine sort of region. They were filmed on the same series of European street sets on the Universal backlot in Hollywood.

The specific town in this land is apparently supposed to be in the U.K., though.