Coyote Vs. Acme | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Coyote Vs. Acme

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s why I am wanting to ask if it happens, if it’s cool to bring up here. Because yeah—it deserves the chance to be seen regardless of quality.

Plus it is a nice way of giving WBD the finger to help it spread.
What do you mean when you say bring it up here? If you want to post an article, then sure. Anything more seems like it’s in a bad place legally, but @Brian G. can make that final call.

I'm not on the staff, but I would highly suggest not posting links to it if/when it leaks.

It will be findable elsewhere if people so choose.
Yeah, that’s essentially what I’m of the mind of bc WBD will be out for legal action and there’s no reason to involve IU that.

Anything posted that has clips or anything if it does get released will be deleted. Now an IGN or Deadline Hollywood article covering the leak? Sure, so long as those articles aren’t including any clips.

Overall though, while it’s interesting to discuss, this is a better suited conversation for Twitter, Discord, Reddit, or whatever your preferred platform is. It will circulate fast if it leaks.

I think the most confusing aspect of this whole thing is how stupid it is to not release it NOW. If they had doubts before this whole disaster- whatever. I feel like the movie is a hit on paper but execs are execs. Maybe I don't speak for everyone here, but before it was scrapped I didn't even know this movie existed, and as soon as the news dropped I was ready to buy a ticket. And now, so much attention has gathered around this movie that it would probably gross way more than before it was scrapped, and word of mouth would've done this wonders. Just so ridiculous and greedy. I'm ready for the tide to turn in this industry.

I think the most confusing aspect of this whole thing is how stupid it is to not release it NOW. If they had doubts before this whole disaster- whatever. I feel like the movie is a hit on paper but execs are execs. Maybe I don't speak for everyone here, but before it was scrapped I didn't even know this movie existed, and as soon as the news dropped I was ready to buy a ticket. And now, so much attention has gathered around this movie that it would probably gross way more than before it was scrapped, and word of mouth would've done this wonders. Just so ridiculous and greedy. I'm ready for the tide to turn in this industry.
I'm in the same boat. I had never heard of it before it was scrapped - as soon as I read up on it I was like "DUDE why are they not releasing this?"

I feel like they’d have to be able to get like $50M from someone like Netflix at minimum if they weren’t looking for that tax write off.

I feel like they’d have to be able to get like $50M from someone like Netflix at minimum if they weren’t looking for that tax write off.
I believe they shopped it around for $70 million, but don't quote me on that

Like maybe legally they have to...but why can't they just push the film out with zero marketing

Just put a date on it and release it....I'm pretty sure the film would make 76 million after theaters and digital release

Reactions: Ahmanet
Didn't they also do this to a Scooby Doo Christmas movie very recently ?

Lame decisions especially when they have a streaming service in need of content

Mods, let me know if this is TOO off topic, but...

Has anybody seen or heard of HUNDREDS OF BEAVERS? It's a new very indie movie that literally feels like a live action Looney Tunes movie, though it has SO MANY influences going on. It's a black and white silent slapstick comedy that's almost 2 hours long and I absolutely loved it. It is so clever and well-made, and it's one of my favorites of the 2020s so far and absolutely one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. If you're still looking for the attention to detail and pure passion that Coyote VS. Acme would've had, give it a shot. It just became available to rent on VOD!