Comcast CEO "Universal will Compete with Disney" | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Comcast CEO "Universal will Compete with Disney"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good point. Neither Universal park is large enough to handle Magic Kingdom type crowds. Total attendance is generally secondary to high profit ratios. And, as Tyler alludes to, Universal's central managing points are conducive to good profits. Universal is already winning the dollar per guest spending, and that's a prime aspect of the "war".

The Magic Kingdom is smaller, in acreage, than both IOA and USF. Not by much, but it is smaller. The difference is, both of the Universal parks have large water features in the middle, and MK does not.

I would think the infrastructure problem will be a thing of the past once a Third Gate is in the pipeline. Comcast are clearly planning more long-term than has ever been the case before, and so long as the existing resort can hold itself together with existing infrastructure, I'm sure any new resort areas will be built with the long view very much in mind from the start. I'd bet Comcast won't mind spending extra money which doesn't have direct ROI in order to protect future potential.

The Magic Kingdom is smaller, in acreage, than both IOA and USF. Not by much, but it is smaller. The difference is, both of the Universal parks have large water features in the middle, and MK does not.
I probably didn't quantify what I meant by large properly. I was basically referring to customer foot traffic areas and numbers of attractions. Magic Kingdom has substantially larger attraction capacity and larger customer space area venues. I don't know if it would be possible to fit a Magic Kingdom busy period crowd of 60,000 to 90,000 in either Universal park at this time, unless they opened up some of the closed to the public areas of the Studio's.

Big business is cyclical, one must merely hope the downturn isn't enough to completely kill the company before its next big boon. Apple has done this, Disney has done this as well.

These waves tend to occur in 20-25 year cycles. Just look to Disney Animation which finally seems to have come out of its slump and is starting its third golden age. Pixar on the other hand may be spiralling downwards. It is nice however that their waves are out of sync as it makes the company as a whole more healthy.

I think we've seen WDW bottom out, while Universal is riding the upward trajectory.

Enjoy the here and now because if history repeats itself it too will end and we'll be fondly remembering the golden days of Universal come 2030.

And... you all really mean WDW vs. USF, because if we are making this a global argument - Disney gets better and Universal gets worse.

Reactions: TylerDurden
@HTF

THIS RIGHT HERE! BOLD comparison, you nailed it on my view

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I've always kinda thought of the same analogy, except the other way around, with Disney being Apple and Universal being Microsoft- Disney charges too much, and is popular, yet overrated, and Universal, while less popular (by the general public), works on constantly bringing people all of the cutting-edge, innovative experiences, and at a more reasonable price :shrug:
lol how does Microsoft bring affordable cutting edge technology? Disney is the leader in the theme park space as Microsoft is the leader in the computer space.. besides price wise they aren't too far off considering what you pay at Disney is for 4 parks and what you pay at uni is for 2 parks Uni is not all that affordable but its a perfect example of you get what you pay for (definitely get your moneys worth)