Classic Monster Reboot - Dark Universe | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Classic Monster Reboot - Dark Universe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Johnny Depp, Javier Bardem both are now confirmed. Btw that music in the trailer is by Danny Elfman is the theme music for all the films as well.

Last edited:
Why does Hollywood want to keep pretending Johnny Depp can still act?? Like all of the stuff about his garbage personality aside, the dude is washed up. And this is coming from someone who basically worshipped the ground the man walked on up until Alice.

Reactions: Joel

Universal also sent out briefcases today with goodies...
DAdwKXZW0AAk9W4.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this movie does really well. I so want this monster universe to continue. I'm sad Dracula Untold is not included in The Dark Universe as I thought it was a decent movie. Not the best, but it would've fit in nicely.

Strangely, I could see Blumhouse easily take on The Invisible Man with success.

I don't know why, but I could see that fit well into a low budget while keeping it in-scale with the Monster-verse.

Depends on how effects-heavy they want to take things. If they lean more on the classic approach, and have the character mostly bandaged or fully invisible (with only a few token "unmasking" or transformation sequences), they could make the movie for a price. I suspect, however, they're probably going to end up following more of a HOLLOW MAN sort of approach. A CGI extravaganza.

Strangely, I could see Blumhouse easily take on The Invisible Man with success.

I don't know why, but I could see that fit well into a low budget while keeping it in-scale with the Monster-verse.

Johnny Depp is the Invisible Man. That pretty much wipes low budget off the table.

Reactions: Joel
Johnny Depp is the Invisible Man. That pretty much wipes low budget off the table.

That's a good point, unless they're able to talk him into a really lucrative back-end deal. Otherwise, his up-front quote is many, many millions of dollars.

We also can't discount that it might be a project he really wants to do, and would therefore do it for less than his usual asking price.

Not fully true. He has done some projects for pennies (Yoga Hosers/Tusk). It all depends on the producer/director and if he can get his daughter involved on the film.

9 minutes of no-commentary BTS B-roll footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Not fully true. He has done some projects for pennies (Yoga Hosers/Tusk). It all depends on the producer/director and if he can get his daughter involved on the film.

9 minutes of no-commentary BTS B-roll footage.

The only reason he was in the Kevin Smith films is because he's friends with him in real life.

Reactions: WolfmanJ