Captain America: Brave New World | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Captain America: Brave New World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So i'm gonna guess that this film gets moved back to it's original release date of May 3, 2024 with Deadpool getting pushed back to July or so. Brave New World was able to finish filming and is in Post-production currently. Deadpool 3 still has to go back into production and tbh, Ryan Reynolds is probably going to want to reshoot some of the stuff he was forced to shoot without improv (he's a producer on the movie too, so he can make a call like that).

Who knows how long the strike is gonna go on for and then the big issue after that is that that strikes cause is getting actors back together for filming. For example, Ryan Reynolds next project is a remake of Clue and that was already supposed to be in production. If Reynolds has his calendar booked for Clue for a period of time, then that *would* cause an issue in getting Deadpool 3 in production again... if 20th Century Studios wasn't the one producing Clue (meaning Disney can just push off the filming for Clue).

However, that's not going to be the situation with most actors. Most actors are going to have projects that were pre-scheduled in say January and if a movie wants to start filming again around that same time, then it's a bit rough in getting all your actors back together at the same time. Just because the industry stopped doesn't mean that your productions that were on hiatus get priority over something that actors were pre-scheduled for.

I like how Disney really got screwed by Covid filming interruptions and now is fully pushing to keep the writer strikes going....I hope I'm wrong but I bet most of these MCU films will be weaker then the original version

I keep hearing how many of the Phase 4-5 films had reshoots and most of the films aren't that loved so I hope i'm wrong but sure they will reshoot things/rewrite things and only make the films just not work as well.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
After some hope that this film would actually move UP and switch places with Deadpool 3 since this film is finished shooting and almost done with CGI as well, it has now been delayed almost a full year to February 14, 2025.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
After some hope that this film would actually move UP and switch places with Deadpool 3 since this film is finished shooting and almost done with CGI as well, it has now been delayed almost a full year to February 14, 2025.

Yeah, there's word that testing did NOT go well for this film, to the point where three major sequences have been cut, and the planned reshoots are from January to May/June.

Yeah, there's word that testing did NOT go well for this film, to the point where three major sequences have been cut, and the planned reshoots are from January to May/June.
Ugh. The "fix it in post" mentality strikes again. I hate how with almost every MCU film now, they all undergo massive rounds of reshoots that tend to change a lot of the movie and then it ends up being a frankensteined together film and most of them lately feel like that.

Ford will be gone by the time this movie comes out, let alone the sequel.

What a mess. They need to take this year break to really kick some sense into the company's workflow.
I kinda hope they are planning on killing him off in the movie so in the event something does happen to him they don't need to cast the role for a third time to finish the arc.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
A second season of Sam and Bucky would have been cool ... wouldn't surprise me if Thunderbolts gets cancelled

Ford will be gone by the time this movie comes out, let alone the sequel.

What a mess. They need to take this year break to really kick some sense into the company's workflow.
At this point, I think Marvel should just cancel every project that needs extensive reshoots or that hasn't begun filming yet. Take 2-3 years to actually develop a brand-new MCU, similar to what James Gunn is doing with DC. Feige has teased the idea of a reboot after Phase 6/Secret Wars and to be honest, I'm much more excited for that version of the MCU.

What's the point in looking forward to projects like Kang Dynasty, F4, and Secret Wars when there's a good chance they will be half-baked like the majority of the projects from Phases 4 and 5? I'd much rather have these upcoming projects canceled instead of constantly being delayed.

It’s ok to focus on lower tier characters as long as the writing holds up. The issue is that they’re improvising their way through a multi-billion dollar franchise lol
I mean, yeah, honestly the characters aren't the issue by any measure. Is there some box office appeal lost by not having Iron Man to pump into movies? Sure. Newer characters like Shang-Chi, Ms. Marvel, Yelena Belova, Red Guardian, Moon Knight, Kate Bishop, etc have all been fun new characters. The issue mostly (as you said) has been them treating this saga like how LucasFilm treated the Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Lots of ideas and no direction and quite frankly, the writing has been subpar lately aside from GotG 3, but I was never worried about GotG 3 bc it was a James Gunn project (similar to how i'm not really worried about Deadpool 3). Other than DP3, I can't say i'm confident an any of their upcoming lineup will actually be good.

It's also kind of annoying exactly how many new characters they've introduced, but we've either never followed up on yet or we've maybe seen one appearance. The character we see the most is Fury and yet his tone was wildly different from Secret Invasion to The Marvels (although The Marvels was supposed to come out before Secret Invasion so I think Secret Invasion was supposed to be a tonal shift for his character). They also still haven't followed up on the freakin celestial just hanging out in the Indian Ocean for 2 years now.

"They also still haven't followed up on the freakin celestial just hanging out in the Indian Ocean for 2 years now."

... exactly, the connected universe is being better maintained by the fans than the studio itself, also how has not even one Eternal showed up in another movie or show - some cool characters to utilize

I kinda hope they are planning on killing him off in the movie so in the event something does happen to him they don't need to cast the role for a third time to finish the arc.

maybe thats the reshoots lol

The issue is that they’re improvising their way through a multi-billion dollar franchise lol

you would think that J.J. Abrams was in charge of marvel lol

• Haha
Reactions: Grabnar
Soooo... rumor of course is this tested poorly and the film will undergo reshoots. This film has an added issue in one of it's characters and certain world events that are going on right now. Sabra, an Israeli Superhero, is slated to be in the film currently. There was a lot of controversy when the casting was announced (due to Sabra's comic depiction which is looked at in retrospect as quite racist towards Arabs) and that was during a time when there was a ceasefire and there was no active war.

Without going into the politics of it all or the tragedy on both sides that we've seen from war being waged, one may wonder if the actress playing Sabra finds herself with a greatly diminished role so as to avoid unnecessary controversy when the reshoots are over. The MCU already has been dealing with enough and let's be honest, this film has an uphill battle as it is.

A reboot will be sorely needed by then. The MCU will be pushing 20 years and almost half of that time will be spent focusing on B/C list characters.
If they do a reboot would be it be an all out one or a soft reboot that retains some of the continuity of the outgoing MCU? I personally think they should go in a new direction with a younger generation of Avengers.