Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are supposed to....

I had a problem getting into Sapphire with my Cabana room key a weekend ago. Tried one key and wouldn't work, someone let me in before I could try one of my other keys.

On another note, anyone know what they are building there next to the bar by the pool on the courtyard side?

On the other thread Joe Camel said he also saw availability on the web site prior to that June date (May). As Joe said, maybe it's filled till then, not necessarily the opening date, since it was open for bookings in April & May previously.....Probably best to call the CBBR desk to find out if opening was delayed or it's just filled for bookings to that date.

Reactions: Joel
Does anyone know if there's and extra charge for having the sofa bed made up in the suites? There are 3 of going but I'd like the option of using the separate bed if the snoring gets too much for me.

Does anyone know if there's and extra charge for having the sofa bed made up in the suites? There are 3 of going but I'd like the option of using the separate bed if the snoring gets too much for me.

I believe the bedding is in the closet, not sure if they'll make up the bed for you. Doesn't hurt to ask though!

Reactions: JoeCamel
On our last trip I was happy if they room was made by the time we got back from dinner around 8pm. And I'm talking days we left the room at 9am. Housekeeping service was sloooow all week. Is it always that bad?

On our last trip I was happy if they room was made by the time we got back from dinner around 8pm. And I'm talking days we left the room at 9am. Housekeeping service was sloooow all week. Is it always that bad?

Housekeeping was good both trips we stayed there.

Same for us. Hopefully you experienced an irregularity of some sort and that does not become the norm. CBBR is pretty much our home base now.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Kind of a random question, but how do they go about giving people early park admission?

I'm looking to book right now on Priceline and it's asking how many people in our party. We have 4 people going, but usually I'll just say two people regardless (because it's cheaper and most hotels usually don't check that kind of thing), but I just want to make sure Cabana Bay won't look at how many people we booked the room for and only give early park access for two people.

Kind of a random question, but how do they go about giving people early park admission?

I'm looking to book right now on Priceline and it's asking how many people in our party. We have 4 people going, but usually I'll just say two people regardless (because it's cheaper and most hotels usually don't check that kind of thing), but I just want to make sure Cabana Bay won't look at how many people we booked the room for and only give early park access for two people.
Each person needs a room key for early admission.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Thank you! Is it the kind of thing where they'll just ask how many room keys you need? Or will they only give us two since Priceline will say we have two people.

If you book with 2 and show up with 4, you'll probably be charged a $15 per night extra person charge for the each additional person.

You will not be charged extra if you booked with two and showed up with 4 as long as your room can accommodate 4 people. Meaning if it only has 1 king or queen in the room that would be a problem. But if you booked a room that has 2 queen beds in it. You will not get charged extra. At all. They will ask how many room keys you want when you check in.

I thought Universal charged by the room not by the person.

Most hotel rates in the US are based on double occupancy. If you look at the fine print when booking, you can be subject to extra fees for more guests. Most hotels are very lenient about them, some are sticklers. I can see Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls being lenient because Express Passes aren't available at those hotels, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see the fees at the other three hotels.

Essentially, YMMV.