Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has anyone rented a cabana at Cabana Bay before? Thoughts? Review? Pictures?
They're pretty nice if you are planning a chill day on your vacation. I rented one with the fam. I just enjoyed having somewhere to chill all day and didn't use too much of the benefits. The only thing we used a lot was the pizza delivery. We had five boxes by the end of the day.

Reactions: Joel and Sledge
They're pretty nice if you are planning a chill day on your vacation. I rented one with the fam. I just enjoyed having somewhere to chill all day and didn't use too much of the benefits. The only thing we used a lot was the pizza delivery. We had five boxes by the end of the day.
We were wanting to get one to spend the morning and afternoon at before HHN. Saw there was a mini-fridge and we were wanting to bring a few beers down and order some pizzas. We have 6 adults and it said it fits 6, but does that seem like it will be cramped?

We were wanting to get one to spend the morning and afternoon at before HHN. Saw there was a mini-fridge and we were wanting to bring a few beers down and order some pizzas. We have 6 adults and it said it fits 6, but does that seem like it will be cramped?
Ya, I'd say it will be a little cramped with 6. I only had 4, and it was comfy. Try to get one as far both as possible. You'll get views of the Volcano and be closer to the walkway to the parks.

Reactions: Sledge
Ya, I'd say it will be a little cramped with 6. I only had 4, and it was comfy. Try to get one as far both as possible. You'll get views of the Volcano and be closer to the walkway to the parks.
I thought they only had Cabanas at the slide pool?

Are you able to request location when you make the reservation?

Reactions: Joel
About the Relay..

I'm betting it'll get cute little tropical/bowling shirt skins if it sticks around.

I bet it can take the service elevators.

And when people are waiting for an elevator and see a little robot waiting to board I bet they'll let it get on first.

Has anyone rented a cabana at Cabana Bay before? Thoughts? Review? Pictures?

I thought they only had Cabanas at the slide pool?

Are you able to request location when you make the reservation?

From the far side of the slide pool you can see the Volcano I think. You can request when you check in, but not when you reserve the Cabana.

I've also rented one before, only had 3 people though so it was very comfortable. Be "careful" with the drinks because technically no outside alc. drinks are allowed, however we did bring our own bottle of prosecco. Our strategy was to buy one of the drinks (per person) that you're brining to the pool so you can get the respective cup it comes in, then just be careful not to be seen pouring refills from the bottle (or can of beer); this way you're also at least buying one drink from the bar.

I can't remember exactly what happened, but I feel like you can reserve exact cabanas because by the time we checked in (10:30/11am), the attendant said all the good ones were already reserved. I would just call and ask.

Reactions: Sledge
I've also rented one before, only had 3 people though so it was very comfortable. Be "careful" with the drinks because technically no outside alc. drinks are allowed, however we did bring our own bottle of prosecco. Our strategy was to buy one of the drinks (per person) that you're brining to the pool so you can get the respective cup it comes in, then just be careful not to be seen pouring refills from the bottle (or can of beer); this way you're also at least buying one drink from the bar.

I can't remember exactly what happened, but I feel like you can reserve exact cabanas because by the time we checked in (10:30/11am), the attendant said all the good ones were already reserved. I would just call and ask.
Good tips. I love their Pina Coladas they have at the Atomic Tonic, so I was planning on buying one or two and then switching to my own beer in the souvenir cup.

Is there seating for 6 people? I saw they have 2 cushioned lounge chairs, but wasn't sure what else was provided.