Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since fast and furious is likely to replace animal and special effects, a indoor FnF stunt show would be neat where the simpsons ride is. Could use the same tech as Bourne with the giant screen and “moving” cars. Or, replace the simpsons with Bourne lol.
This is currently where my chips are at. This seems like the most likely and most logical location to put Bourne. It would fit the area with F&F right there, it would be a timely replacement with the Simpsons contract end approaching, and you would get rid of an aged ride with a brand new structure for a new show. Plus they could use it for a show venue for HHN.

Reactions: chris.g
This is currently where my chips are at. This seems like the most likely and most logical location to put Bourne. It would fit the area with F&F right there, it would be a timely replacement with the Simpsons contract end approaching, and you would get rid of an aged ride with a brand new structure for a new show. Plus they could use it for a show venue for HHN.
Nah, it would never work. Too valuable a piece of land.

Reactions: alias8703
How would that even work? Like just a crappier version?

I'd imagine they'd have it set to where perhaps, you could have the set pieces rise from basement of the 360 dome; to where they can then rise up as needed to gel with it.

Don't know how feasible it'd be, and I'd imagine it'd be heavily truncated from what Orlando would do.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'd imagine they'd have it set to where perhaps, you could have the set pieces rise from basement of the 360 dome; to where they can then rise up as needed to gel with it.

Don't know how feasible it'd be, and I'd imagine it'd be heavily truncated from what Orlando would do.
This sounds like a lot of money for something we really don't need

If we get the full version cool but a 5 min version that might cost near the same costs....just seems like a waste of millions.

I would not at all be opposed to something like the car chase scene from the Bourne show in the speed tunnel where you have practical cars up against the giant screen to simulate you being in a car chase….in fact, I believe this what the early rumors for Supercharged were supposed to be! Boy that would’ve improved the attraction quite a bit if they did this.

But if they did this instead of the Jason Bourne show….eh…..I don’t know how I’d feel. I don’t think I would be mad but I don’t think I would be jumping up and down with joy either. We would essentially be getting a shortened version of the show but in the context of a “ride” so…..I’d be mixed.

Just give us Bourne and do something like i mentioned above…but maybe with BTTF or something.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
What if this is replacing Supercharged, and isn’t a stand-alone attraction, but part of the tour?

Potentially, but unless they have another show idea, bringing Bourne just as it is to the West Coast might be the best and most effective opportunity to help with losing two large show venues in the upper lot.

Reactions: Freak
Wait, do people really want to use the Tram area/Tram ending and instead of putting a new land with rides and stuff....we want a show that is already at another park?

Like if they have space for this show then cool but taking things out and using prime land for this show? I just don't understand why we would fight for that.

While we are losing two shows, Nintendoland will be the things 90% of guests are heading to the parks for anyway and rumors are they are going to have the middle section of the park being worked on next year...I'd guess that they will by spring have a new temporary stage for shows by spring

Reactions: alias8703
Wait, do people really want to use the Tram area/Tram ending and instead of putting a new land with rides and stuff....we want a show that is already at another park?

Like if they have space for this show then cool but taking things out and using prime land for this show? I just don't understand why we would fight for that.

While we are losing two shows, Nintendoland will be the things 90% of guests are heading to the parks for anyway and rumors are they are going to have the middle section of the park being worked on next year...I'd guess that they will by spring have a new temporary stage for shows by spring
Better yet how about we just tear down Supercharged for another Nintendo ride. That will draw more people than some stupid Jason Bourne tram segment.
:bolt:

Better yet how about we just tear down Supercharged for another Nintendo ride. That will draw more people than some stupid Jason Bourne tram segment.
:bolt:
I mean….it would lol

I’ve put it in other threads by my thing I’d love to see replace the end of the tram is a tribute to all universal Films like a mini great movie ride

Personally I don’t really care for this show to be put here on prime real estate when you already have a stunt show.

I much rather the show replacements be a behind the scenes movie type thing like the horror makeup show or a better special effects show.

Personally I don’t really care for this show to be put here on prime real estate when you already have a stunt show.

I much rather the show replacements be a behind the scenes movie type thing like the horror makeup show or a better special effects show.

I'd love it if they brought over the Lights, Camera, action show from Universal Singapore and Beijing to USH. That would be great.

I'd love it if they brought over the Lights, Camera, action show from Universal Singapore and Beijing to USH. That would be great.

I've done the version at Singapore and tbh it's not all that it's cracked up to be sadly. You're essentially just watching water catch fire and a few set pieces move around with not much else really going on to sell you immersion-wise on a category 5 hurricane hitting you. If you're used to Earthquake and/or Twister you'll be a bit disappointed, those two are more interesting special effect demonstration experiences imo. In terms of actually educating you on process, it doesn't do that either as the intro video with Spielberg doesn't really act as more than a thing to show you some Universal movie scenes and to say "hey we do things in soundstages sometimes, lets go see New York being hit with a category 5 hurricane".

I've done the version at Singapore and tbh it's not all that it's cracked up to be sadly. You're essentially just watching water catch fire and a few set pieces move around with not much else really going on to sell you immersion-wise on a category 5 hurricane hitting you. If you're used to Earthquake and/or Twister you'll be a bit disappointed, those two are more interesting special effect demonstration experiences imo. In terms of actually educating you on process, it doesn't do that either as the intro video with Spielberg doesn't really act as more than a thing to show you some Universal movie scenes and to say "hey we do things in soundstages sometimes, lets go see New York being hit with a category 5 hurricane".
Yeah we would literally be better off just bringing Twister over here lol

Reactions: baconwhiskers

I just want the park to have capacity. And the Bourne show is sick af