Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Bourne Stuntacular Coming to USH? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Couldn't they just replace The Simpsons with Bourne, since it looks like they would already be replacing parts of the Simpsons when the new coaster arrives?
Dear god….I hope not

simpsons land is fully themed area and hope we get something as themed and not just generic streets area/more studio looking buildings

Reactions: Jamesh22
Hypothetically if they play their cards right, they can absolutely have a Bourne Stuntacular placed behind TF, and it wouldn't be out of place.

View attachment 17655

For context, it has .03 more acres than Orlando in this aspect, and is more square than forced to be angled the way Orlando is.

View attachment 17657

As far as if it'd be possible? I'd think so. The benefit that Hollywood would have in this, is that they could go for a similar angle that Orlando did for Fallon: Gutting the buildings interior, and extending the footprint to areas where it can then benefit from the reallocating. It could even allow them to simplify and have things prepped in advanced, such as an armory for this show; and the set pieces in turn.
I hit on this in the DWT thread, I don't see this happening. It's too out-of-the-way and awkward to get to. Sure you can have signs directing people, but you need people to actually "see" the attraction in order to get to it.

I don't see this replacing Simpsons since that space is likely going to be used for a new ride. Also, like James said, why replace a ride with a show when you finally have more rides than shows?

I don't see this replacing WW since I would imagine they would want to hold on to that still-popular people eater until the time has come to maximize that space. They could literally fit a land in that space if they managed the space well enough! No way that's going to be used for just another stunt show.

While I think the most likely place for this show is Mumy, I really hope they don't use that space for just that. I hope they at least include another outdoor coaster like F&F. I think Bourne, a new Tour plaza, and a JW-themed roller coaster could be a swell way to use the space.

But I think the best option would be to get rid of DWT and then have a Sing-themed show that would fill that void in Parisian. Now they have a show replace a show and we gained an attraction that would fill the need for a DWT-show but in another spot that's not used for an attraction. Win-win! I know that seems super unlikely as DWT will only be five years old next year, but like I said in that thread, the building is old. Someone brought up how the reskin itself was likely fairly inexpensive and the most expensive elements could be relocated. I think they could really make that space work.

Hypothetically speaking, I'd argue that Bourne being at the location I believe it to be, could allow that and Transformers to act as -stepping stones-; for once they properly redevelop the soundstages alongside them and Mummy.

Reactions: TheUniC6
We are finally seeing more rides than shows at USH and you give them an idea for removing a ride?! Keep that one to yourself please! :grin:
Never thought I'd meet somebody on these forums who wants less shows, lol. Shows exceeding rides hasn't been the case for a while.

My rational was that Fast and Furious annexing parts of Fast Food Boulevard indicated Simpsons was on the way out. Bourne could fit better in a generic "Hollywood" land than in a place on the Lower Lot that's more valuable as a new immersive land than as a hodgepodge of different experiences.

While I think the most likely place for this show is Mumy, I really hope they don't use that space for just that. I hope they at least include another outdoor coaster like F&F. I think Bourne, a new Tour plaza, and a JW-themed roller coaster could be a swell way to use the space.
Just give us Taron Velocicoaster Universal.

Reactions: Freak
I like shows but don't want a ride replacing one.

Best Bet if they can't build a coaster on the hill, that they move the tram area and use the hill and old Tram area to add more rides/shows

Reactions: Jwhee
Hypothetically speaking, I'd argue that Bourne being at the location I believe it to be, could allow that and Transformers to act as -stepping stones-; for once they properly redevelop the soundstages alongside them and Mummy.
I agree. It sounds like they are plans to expand the lower lot in the coming years. And as I touched on in the DWT thread, if the rumored WBD and NBCU merger goes through they could relocate much of the current production in the soundstages to the WB lot and have even more space to expand USH. That way they could put Bourne on the Lower Lot and still have an ample amount of space to expand USH. Talk about having your cake and eating it to. I think Bourne is a better fit for the lower lot based on theme of the IP in relation to the other IP in the Lower Lot: it is more thrill focused (with the exception of SNW). Plus I think USH would want to keep a Dreamworks attraction in the park for the amount of money they shelled out to purchase DWA.

Just speculating here...

What if they just used the Minions theatre? Has anyone else mentioned this? Minion Mayhem is getting a little old, and knowing that this is their star IP from Illumination, it would be worth investing into a more modern attraction over an outdated simulator. Even the Minions themselves have a slightly new design compared to the ones seen in Minion Mayhem.

Reactions: alias8703
Just speculating here...

What if they just used the Minions theatre? Has anyone else mentioned this? Minion Mayhem is getting a little old, and knowing that this is their star IP from Illumination, it would be worth investing into a more modern attraction over an outdated simulator. Even the Minions themselves have a slightly new design compared to the ones seen in Minion Mayhem.
I doubt it, If anything I think we will get the minion moving attraction as well and make it a real mini land

Just speculating here...

I would be down for this, but the one glaring problem with this theory is that they are clearly trying to make an Illumination Land here. I agree that the Minions would be better represented by not having the ride it’s based on be a stale simulator, but since you already have an Illumination land already in place, why go backwards? Why not just work with what you already have and build from there? You already have a healthy amount of space to work with in that building, Gru’s house is already there, so it would make far more sense to gut it again and put a decent Minions dark ride in there. I don’t think it would make sense to randomly plop Bourne into that space. With SLoP right there and Parisian most likely earmarked for another Illumination IP. Lol I’m sure after Bourne opened and was successful USH probably looked at the Minions building and thought “….sigh. Crap. What could’ve been.” I know I speculated different locations, but this is what I’m thinking:

The more I think about this the more I think Simpsons would be the best location for it. That would be replacing a VERY old simulator with a new stunt show, and with Fast and Furious making a new “action” themed area, that would go perfectly with that area. The end of the contract is coming up, so why not kill two birds with one stone by replacing Simpsons before it’s time is up and replace an aging building with a brand new structure? It would be the first time that USH has ever replaced an actual ride with a show, but I doubt that will cause a fuss with people. Simulators are kinda old hat nowadays. There isn’t a whole lot of space they can work with anyway in that plot so I think Bourne would be very ideal for that location. Not to mention it would be the ideal venue for a show for HHN.

Reactions: chris.g
Just speculating here...

And.. they could use the same layout etc as the Orlando show.

If they build a new building for this, would be quite interesting as they would them have the same T2:3D building duplicated twice, both housing different attractions ;)

Reactions: chris.g and Freak
I would be down for this, but the one glaring problem with this theory is that they are clearly trying to make an Illumination Land here. I agree that the Minions would be better represented by not having the ride it’s based on be a stale simulator, but since you already have an Illumination land already in place, why go backwards? Why not just work with what you already have and build from there? You already have a healthy amount of space to work with in that building, Gru’s house is already there, so it would make far more sense to gut it again and put a decent Minions dark ride in there. I don’t think it would make sense to randomly plop Bourne into that space. With SLoP right there and Parisian most likely earmarked for another Illumination IP. Lol I’m sure after Bourne opened and was successful USH probably looked at the Minions building and thought “….sigh. Crap. What could’ve been.” I know I speculated different locations, but this is what I’m thinking:

The more I think about this the more I think Simpsons would be the best location for it. That would be replacing a VERY old simulator with a new stunt show, and with Fast and Furious making a new “action” themed area, that would go perfectly with that area. The end of the contract is coming up, so why not kill two birds with one stone by replacing Simpsons before it’s time is up and replace an aging building with a brand new structure? It would be the first time that USH has ever replaced an actual ride with a show, but I doubt that will cause a fuss with people. Simulators are kinda old hat nowadays. There isn’t a whole lot of space they can work with anyway in that plot so I think Bourne would be very ideal for that location. Not to mention it would be the ideal venue for a show for HHN.
That makes actually a lot of sense. Due to the design of the Simpsons building going over the hill, it would be somewhat hard to put a large scale dark ride there but what do I know I am not a construction worker. Coupled with a rumor from Theme Park Wizard that Simpsons is closing in 2024 and Bourne likely being the 2025 addition, this could very well happen. Then when they expand the Lower Lot in the coming years, then you can do some sort of fully fleshed out land themed to the classic monsters that should in some way be unique to USH.

That makes actually a lot of sense. Due to the design of the Simpsons building going over the hill, it would be somewhat hard to put a large scale dark ride there but what do I know I am not a construction worker. Coupled with a rumor from Theme Park Wizard that Simpsons is closing in 2024 and Bourne likely being the 2025 addition, this could very well happen. Then when they expand the Lower Lot in the coming years, then you can do some sort of fully fleshed out land themed to the classic monsters that should in some way be unique to USH.
We’ll assuming that rumor of Simpsons closing in 2024 is true, if Bourne is replacing Simpsons the earliest I see Bourne opening in that spot is 2026. They’re gonna have to tear down that entire structure and build a new one.

I think the consensus here is this is happening. I'm willing to bet even it comes before F&F. I just really am having a hard time picturing where.

• Wow
Reactions: Freak
I think the consensus here is this is happening. I'm willing to bet even it comes before F&F. I just really am having a hard time picturing where.
Whoa, whoa, whoa time out here.

I agree that it is likely happening, but there's no way this is opening by 2024 (When F&F is rumored to be open). Whatever location they go with they're going to have to tear down and build a new structure, unless they go with the Minions theater (Which I highly doubt).

I have no insight into this, but I would love for Bourne to come to the Lower Lot. It could really use something that’s a big people eater. A great spot would be just behind TF where KKFOS and the Creative trailers currently sit. I’m hoping this arrives in 2024. Bourne and F&F would be a nice 1 2 punch for the 60th Anniversary,

Reactions: ItsAtrap
Whoa, whoa, whoa time out here.

I agree that it is likely happening, but there's no way this is opening by 2024 (When F&F is rumored to be open). Whatever location they go with they're going to have to tear down and build a new structure, unless they go with the Minions theater (Which I highly doubt).
I genuinely don't think F&F will open 2024. But I'd love to be wrong.

Is it possible that it was something planned under Irwin and then canned in favor of the coaster? I'm also curious as to where they'd put it. Behind TF would require some weird routing and the space is smaller than Orlando's theater. I think we can assume the soundstages are safe now that they've been repainted black and white to match the new stages

Since fast and furious is likely to replace animal and special effects, a indoor FnF stunt show would be neat where the simpsons ride is. Could use the same tech as Bourne with the giant screen and “moving” cars. Or, replace the simpsons with Bourne lol.