Blade | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Blade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This movie got annouced FIVE years ago and is still having script issues. Why is Blade having more of a hard time over projects like Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts? It's so weird

This movie got annouced FIVE years ago and is still having script issues. Why is Blade having more of a hard time over projects like Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts? It's so weird

To say this film has been in Development Hell has been quite the understatement. The last I saw reported was they were finally rewriting the film so it was about Blade fighting vampires...I know that should be a massive "No DUH", but considering the previous scripts brought in so many different characters to the point where Blade seemed like a guest in his own film, that should give a good idea just how screwed up development for this film has been.

Part of me feels like they were trying to use this film as a launching point for other characters be it for spin-offs or connecting to other films, but things got way too muddled to where they'd be whiffing on the character they should be focused on.

I know this may sound a bit like blasphemy, but at this point, does Marvel need to pivot away from Mahershala Ali in the title role? He’s already 50 and would be in a role where the character doesn’t age.

Just thought it’s worth at least bringing up.

I know this may sound it but like blasphemy, but at this point, does Marvel need to pivot away from Mahershala Ali in the title role? He’s already 50 and would be in a role where the character doesn’t age.

Just thought it’s worth at least bringing up.

I thought he was too old when it was announced.

If this is planned to be an enduring franchise, they should be getting somebody in their 30s and age them up.

Reactions: Nick
To say this film has been in Development Hell has been quite the understatement. The last I saw reported was they were finally rewriting the film so it was about Blade fighting vampires...I know that should be a massive "No DUH", but considering the previous scripts brought in so many different characters to the point where Blade seemed like a guest in his own film, that should give a good idea just how screwed up development for this film has been.

Part of me feels like they were trying to use this film as a launching point for other characters be it for spin-offs or connecting to other films, but things got way too muddled to where they'd be whiffing on the character they should be focused on.

i just cant believe how messed up the original rumors are, how on earth do you make blade a side character in his own movie, how on god's earth does this happen... and FIVE YEARS later they fix it?

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
This must be a Marvel and Disney issue,,,,,I bet the directors and writers want a dark story and since that might make less money...meaning the film would just be worst and most people don't want to be apart of a film that isn't allowed to be Rated R....Dead Pool is one thing and even DD but Blade can get really dark real quick

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
This must be a Marvel and Disney issue,,,,,I bet the directors and writers want a dark story and since that might make less money...meaning the film would just be worst and most people don't want to be apart of a film that isn't allowed to be Rated R....Dead Pool is one thing and even DD but Blade can get really dark real quick
why even bring a horror character to the marvel universe...... it never made sense.

why even bring a horror character to the marvel universe...... it never made sense.
I mean, Were Wolf at Night was very liked

This was suppose to link with the Black Knight and MoonKnight making the Midnight Suns.....but the MCU now has like zero plans for anything it seems...I mean they just added a new villain to the Captain America film