Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back to the Future... The Return?

Just posted on twitter. Probably taken in the past few days. Thought some of you would enjoy it.
The original BTTF courthouse columns are still there!

from @OrlParkPass
CKyl-mSVEAArAaO.jpg

I still can't believe Universal thought it was a good idea to remove BTTF. It was a guest favorite, always! And to put in The Simpsons? Yea, I have a grudge against that. I love Springfield USA, but man oh man was getting rid of BTTF heartbreaking. And to top it off, The Simpsons Ride isn't even all that great. It's the same exact thing as BTTF! Ugh. I'll never get over it. BTTF, Kongfrontation and JAWS.

Will we be seeing ET get the boot too with Nintendo-land being so close to it in Kidzone?

I would prefer having BttF displayed somewhere more prominent in the park with a ride or something more, but I cannot fault Uni for putting Springfield in and replacing the BttF simulator. That ride was horribly outdated when it was removed and quite painful... I would put it up there with Space Mountain painful.

I would prefer having BttF displayed somewhere more prominent in the park with a ride or something more, but I cannot fault Uni for putting Springfield in and replacing the BttF simulator. That ride was horribly outdated when it was removed and quite painful... I would put it up there with Space Mountain painful.
The ride was painful, but it was a good pain. :smile:

They actually removed the brick facade a few weeks ago for a short stint to celebrate the 30th anniversary. They put the brick facade up again though because I believe they were filming in the Square again. They no longer keep the original columns out since they are too recognizable from BttF.