Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Back to the Future... The Return?

*Q*

Nov 26, 2014
Take this with a huge, huge, HUGE grain of salt, but Behind the Thrills is reporting that a Back to the Future coaster is in development: This is heavy! A Back to the Future Ride could be coming to a Universal Park near you?

CameraImage.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

I think it's a fantastic idea. I think 88 mph feels a lot cooler for real than it does sitting in a stationary simulator.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of using the coaster for the speed and feel of motion while having simulated visuals! I think this is the big thing that all simulator based rides have lacked.

Silliness... that is just some young guy dreamy dreaming in a CGI program. Some of you get so carried away with this stuff. It is not in the plan.
I agree while I would love to believe this, it's just way to easy to get a 3D model of the BTTF Delorean and merge it with a 3D coaster model. In fact the Delorean looks completely unaltered from what I would expect a 3D model of the actual Delorean to look like. If this were really being developed I'm sure some type of design compromises would have had to have been made.

The point when I knew it was fake is when they said you would be chasing Biff. Any new version would not copy the same story of the original.

Although Universal if you are listening....we really do want a Back to the Future indoor coaster.

Quit living in the past/future!

BTTF is an old franchise now, it wouldn't last unless there is a reboot on the horizon. Which I doubt there is.