Aventura Hotel | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Like Disney, Universal now has a lot of diversity in their hotel choices, and more to come with the Wet & Wild site hotels. That's the way to go. It's a good business model since people's wants, affordability & tastes are far ranging.

I will say I hope Endless Summer is the last of the "beach front" theme hotels. I love Cabana and Royal Pacific, and Sapphire looks fine, but I really hope Site B has less of them.

I am also wondering about the cushioned bar furniture. It appears to be out under the sky. What happens to it when it rains? Soggy butt?
They have the same situation with cushioned couches on the outside patio level of the Tavern/Restaurant at Sapphire. I'd guess it will be handled in a similar fashion.

I guess it all comes down to personal tastes. It's very modern-looking, which some people find unattractive. It does lack pops of color in certain areas, too.
Does the lobby suffer like SF did at opening of a lack of things on the walls? SF really needed some large art to fill the space

so this basically looks like a business hotel, similar to a modern Hyatt or Marriott. Nothing too fancy, just clean/elegant looks, and a focus on the exclusive bar. Much more adult oriented then anything on Disney property. That's for sure.
Does the hotel have several conference rooms? Because I could see it being very popular with that crowd.

Reactions: DanB89
so this basically looks like a business hotel, similar to a modern Hyatt or Marriott. Nothing too fancy, just clean/elegant looks, and a focus on the exclusive bar. Much more adult oriented then anything on Disney property. That's for sure.
Does the hotel have several conference rooms? Because I could see it being very popular with that crowd.

Doesn't have any conference rooms itself, I believe, but the Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls conference rooms are all right there.

Reactions: Teebin
this seems like a mistake to me, but I realize this hotel is a bit smaller and built on a budget.

The Saphhire/Royal Pacific Convention complex is huge (and they are connected with an air conditioned walkway -- you can walk to Royal pacific from Sapphire and never leave the A/C) I could see them adding some air conditioned way to get directly to them, but I'm not sure where they would put it.

Reactions: Quint
Does the lobby suffer like SF did at opening of a lack of things on the walls? SF really needed some large art to fill the space

To be fair, SF just wasn't finished. However, I didn't notice a lack of anything, but we were on a tight schedule so we couldn't take it all in. I'm going back tomorrow so I can check out everything on my pace.

this seems like a mistake to me, but I realize this hotel is a bit smaller and built on a budget.

The conference areas are literally right next door. Minimal walking distance.

Reactions: Quint and JoeCamel
The entrance to the Sapphire Falls conference complex (by far the largest on property) is literally a two minute walk from the entrance.

that makes sense. I'm sure it will be popular with the conference crowd regardless.

I didn't realize how close they were in location. My bad.

So evidently there is a way of programming an iPad so that it no longer functions like an iPad? Is it locked out and totally proprietary? I would think guests might try and make off with them otherwise. Perhaps that is what a credit card on file is for.

I don’t know if they were actually iPads or they were using it as a generic tablet name, but I stayed at a Hilton a month ago with a similar set up. It was handy and really does depend on the intuitiveness and responsiveness of the software.

I don’t know if they were actually iPads or they were using it as a generic tablet name, but I stayed at a Hilton a month ago with a similar set up. It was handy and really does depend on the intuitiveness and responsiveness of the software.
The Art Ovation in Sarasota also has in-room tablets. We mostly used it to alert the valet we were headed down. Our car was always waiting when we got there.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
you can program Ipad's with proprietary software very easily. Lots of businesses do it. In the end, it's just an app that runs, on IOS, and unlocking that app requires encryption. So the Ipads would be basically useless if stolen.

Reactions: Teebin

Those floor-to-ceiling windows are amazing. Better not have a fear of heights if you stay here. The room layout is different, but I dig it. I'm surprised they didn't do some splashes of color in the rooms, but it doesn't really bother me. Definitely will be staying here on an upcoming trip, even though I usually set up camp at Sapphire Falls.

Those floor-to-ceiling windows are amazing. Better not have a fear of heights if you stay here. The room layout is different, but I dig it. I'm surprised they didn't do some splashes of color in the rooms, but it doesn't really bother me. Definitely will be staying here on an upcoming trip, even though I usually set up camp at Sapphire Falls.

Drew and I hate heights and were pretty comfortable.

I personally have no desire to stay here because I like sunbathing by and going in a good pool. Aventura’s pool looks like it will be in the shade much of the day, not to mention how lackluster it is.

However, I can totally understand people who may want to stay here for Bar 17 or whatever. It’s a nice hotel for a cheap price tag. The rooms don’t entice me personally as I could care less about the “tech” features.

Much like @JungleSkip, Cabana Bay is more my speed for the price point.

I will say I hope Endless Summer is the last of the "beach front" theme hotels. I love Cabana and Royal Pacific, and Sapphire looks fine, but I really hope Site B has less of them.
Yup, so many other themes to explore for future hotels.

Last edited: