Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another poster said they have their money on a 2026 opening. If Disney's cash flow is better then it is possible that once this Avengers ride opens it could allow Hollywood land to go down and be replaced with an entirely new land in 2028 for the LA olympics.

EMV 2.0 sounds very intriguing. How much space is available for this attraction? They're not moving the Trolley storage, but are any other buildings staying? Indy and RotR have huge show buildings

Even with the Trolley storage still there, depending on the geographical adjustments due to Carsland backstage: the showbuilding could easily factor close to 3 acres, counting the initial queue space leading to the building.

Also good to remind that the gravity building for Indiana is not as big, it's just how long and far the queue winds itself that gives Indiana Jones the space difference.

Even with the Trolley storage still there, depending on the geographical adjustments due to Carsland backstage: the showbuilding could easily factor close to 3 acres, counting the initial queue space leading to the building.

Also good to remind that the gravity building for Indiana is not as big, it's just how long and far the queue winds itself that gives Indiana Jones the space difference.
And if space is that much of a concern, they could always go the Transformers route and make the ride two levels. I’m thinking that this may be a mix of Indiana Jones and Runaway Railway

Reactions: youhow2
Another poster said they have their money on a 2026 opening. If Disney's cash flow is better then it is possible that once this Avengers ride opens it could allow Hollywood land to go down and be replaced with an entirely new land in 2028 for the LA olympics.

There is no way Disney is going to build a whole new land in 2 years, it takes them that long to build a new churro stand.

I think it's more likely that the Avengers attraction is for the 2028 Olympics.

Reactions: Mad Dog and fryoj
There is no way Disney is going to build a whole new land in 2 years, it takes them that long to build a new churro stand.

I think it's more likely that the Avengers attraction is for the 2028 Olympics.
Only time will tell when the Avengers E ticket opens. Maybe if we are lucky we will hear more concrete details at D23 2024.

While I'm glad they changed the concept on this, I find it hard to get excited for this knowing that they haven't even started construction on this, so this will be five years away at least. On top of that, this will be the only major addition DLR will be getting post-M&MRR (Not counting Tiana as that's an overlay).

It sounds like they're going to make this an Indy or Rise-caliber dark ride, which I think is the right call. A big IP like Marvel/Avengers demands something a little more than a simulator ride. Plus, DCA needs that kind of dark ride to balance out the ride offerings. DL already has quite a few heavy-hitter dark rides. DCA needs at least one more I do think this will be very screen heavy though. At least just as much if not more than M&MRR. For those concerned about space, they can easily cheat the space like Rise and Transformers by having it go two stories. Boom Problem solved.

I have a theory that everything else that we were "supposed" to get like a TL refresh was eaten up by the budget for this. But I hope they break ground on this soon because this kind of ride should've opened with Avengers Campus. Imagine GE opening only to have to wait another 5 or 6 years for Rise. Just imagine we wait all of this time for this to be a copy of the Simpsons Ride. LOOOOOL

That being said, DCA needs a new highly themed family coaster. Badly.

Reactions: chris.g
I honestly think this is coming sooner than people realize.

Also wonder if this is coming to Paris and Hong Kong too, given some of the keyart could point that discussion.

Also wonder if this is coming to Paris and Hong Kong too, given some of the keyart could point that discussion.
I think 2025 would be the best case scenario and that would be great if that was the case.

If they don’t start construction by the beginning of next year, I will find it hard to get excited for this knowing it will be YEARS away.

I think 2025 would be the best case scenario and that would be great if that was the case.

If they don’t start construction by the beginning of next year, I will find it hard to get excited for this knowing it will be YEARS away.

I'm gonna argue for the quicker turnaround for two factors.

One: Secret Wars. Given the importance of Secret Wars being the finale to the Multiverse Saga, having your landmark resort be first is a natural fit that allows you to easily cross-promote the ride and the movie in one collective gel. I also imagine a lot of the live action cameos for the ride, will be filmed while Secret Wars is being made. This project would make complete sense to have a much deeper connection in development with Feige and the Marvel Studios team, due to this.

Two: The ride building. For all intents and purposes, Avengers is going to be just the building for this project; discounting the smaller infastructure that will be needed for the plot that the building will take place, and for the annex-extension into the showbuilding. It isn't like Toontown where you have to deal with redoing an entire land, you just have to focus on the ride and that's all that matters.

Thinking Late 2025/Early 2026.

One: Secret Wars. Given the importance of Secret Wars being the finale to the Multiverse Saga, having your landmark resort be first is a natural fit that allows you to easily cross-promote the ride and the movie in one collective gel. I also imagine a lot of the live action cameos for the ride, will be filmed while Secret Wars is being made. This project would make complete sense to have a much deeper connection in development with Feige and the Marvel Studios team, due to this.

Two: The ride building. For all intents and purposes, Avengers is going to be just the building for this project; discounting the smaller infastructure that will be needed for the plot that the building will take place, and for the annex-extension into the showbuilding. It isn't like Toontown where you have to deal with redoing an entire land, you just have to focus on the ride and that's all that matters.

I would totally buy this if this was Universal, but Disney takes their sweet, SWEET time building rides. Although it does help that they already have the facade there and the space cleared and ready. But I’m willing to believe this if construction starts absolutely no later than February.

They also did announce MMRR in 2018 and was supposed to open this year. So it’s possible, but I think it’s just outside of believability under this Disney administration.

Judging how new Disney under Chapek hates investing in new rides and that they haven’t realized any timeframe, I’m going to say this will be open 2027.

Reactions: Jamesh22

Paris and Hong Kong both have plots waiting for an Avengers E-ticket. Hong Kong closed their Autopia for an Avengers ride half a decade ago. Lights, Motors, Action is still sitting hidden on the plot that is set aside for Avengers in Paris, but once they actually get to work that will be easy demo.

I think Flight Force needs a bit of a renaming in Paris though to take out the Avengers name. Maybe change it to Flight Force: Cosmic Crusade? Leave Iron Man AA in the queue and add Monica Rambeau along with Rhodey to the ride? Maybe include Jimmy Woo and Darcy in the queue somehow?

That would fix the problem of having the Avengers name in that ride when there's only two Avengers in the actual ride portion and open them up to use Avengers for an actual Avenger ride.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Fingers crossed you're right. But one thing I am wondering (If DL forward is approved) is once this E ticket opens up if Hollywood Land will go down and be replaced by a new land in 2028 for the LA olympics. DCA needs a lot more work than Disneyland proper and DL forward would enable them to build the Eastern Gateway via freeing up the bus loop behind Hollywood Land.

While I'm glad they changed the concept on this, I find it hard to get excited for this knowing that they haven't even started construction on this, so this will be five years away at least. On top of that, this will be the only major addition DLR will be getting post-M&MRR (Not counting Tiana as that's an overlay).

It sounds like they're going to make this an Indy or Rise-caliber dark ride, which I think is the right call. A big IP like Marvel/Avengers demands something a little more than a simulator ride. Plus, DCA needs that kind of dark ride to balance out the ride offerings. DL already has quite a few heavy-hitter dark rides. DCA needs at least one more I do think this will be very screen heavy though. At least just as much if not more than M&MRR. For those concerned about space, they can easily cheat the space like Rise and Transformers by having it go two stories. Boom Problem solved.

I have a theory that everything else that we were "supposed" to get like a TL refresh was eaten up by the budget for this. But I hope they break ground on this soon because this kind of ride should've opened with Avengers Campus. Imagine GE opening only to have to wait another 5 or 6 years for Rise. Just imagine we wait all of this time for this to be a copy of the Simpsons Ride. LOOOOOL

That being said, DCA needs a new highly themed family coaster. Badly.
Jack from DSNY Newscast has speculated this could possibly be using the Peter Pan ride system from Tokyo Disney Sea. So I totally get the Simpsons Ride comparisons. My fingers are crossed for some sort of trackless ride system.

Jack from DSNY Newscast has speculated this could possibly be using the Peter Pan ride system from Tokyo Disney Sea. So I totally get the Simpsons Ride comparisons. My fingers are crossed for some sort of trackless ride system.
I'm starting to wonder if Zootopia and Peter Pan will share the same ride system? If so I think that really lends credence to what we might be getting.

I'm starting to wonder if Zootopia and Peter Pan will share the same ride system? If so I think that really lends credence to what we might be getting.
It doesn't matter the ride system that Shanghai is using for their Zootopia ride because that won't be what we get here due to the exclusivity clause... and also because the EMV is similar enough to whatever it looks like Shanghai is using that it's probably going to be really easy to just do an overlay of Dinosaur into Zootopia with the same basic ride as Shanghai, just a different ride vehicle.