Avatar in Disneyland | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just hope that if they do an Avatar ride using the Shanghai Pirates system (as insinuated from the concept art with the similar ride vehicles) that they follow through on that outside section shown in the concept art. It would be so cool and unique for an IP land like this.

Screenshot_20240405_234152_Gallery.jpg

As part of the most recent batch of DL Forward updates were some updates on the guidelines on what can be built in the Simba lot (DCA's DL Forward pad). the guidelines laid out where that the taller the structure the further away it has to be from Walnut street which sounds like it would take Avatar out of contention to go in that spot depending on what they have in mind for the layout of the land.

Reactions: saint.piss
As part of the most recent batch of DL Forward updates were some updates on the guidelines on what can be built in the Simba lot (DCA's DL Forward pad). the guidelines laid out where that the taller the structure the further away it has to be from Walnut street which sounds like it would take Avatar out of contention to go in that spot depending on what they have in mind for the layout of the land.

I don't think this is true. At least, I don't think their reasoning is solid. For starters, there are tons of ways they could configure show buildings to accomodate these restrictions (i.e the lower right corner of the Simba lot. Secondly, we've already seen from the Disneyland Forward proposed layout that Disney has no problem having the showbuildings abute the hotels (so yes, that is the only way you could do it). Third, assuming that "Property Line" refers to Walnut Street, the graphic seems to indicate that you can get up to 140 feet quite close to the property line.

Edit: From WDWMagic
News - Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland  Page 72  WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney Wor...jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think this is true. At least, I don't think their reasoning is solid. For starters, there are tons of ways they could configure show buildings to accomodate these restrictions (i.e the lower right corner of the Simba lot. Secondly, we've already seen from the Disneyland Forward proposed layout that Disney has no problem having the showbuildings abute the hotels (so yes, that is the only way you could do it). Third, assuming that "Property Line" refers to Walnut Street, the graphic seems to indicate that you can get up to 140 feet quite close to the property line.

Edit: From WDWMagic
View attachment 21588
Ah. Based on that, it looks like they could fit Avatar in as the first phase of expansion into the Simba lot. I am personally hoping it goes in that spot over Hollywoodland. And during the recent DL Forward conferences, they alluded to DL Forward being key to Avatar happening which could be a possible hint at it going the Simba lot.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Ah. Based on that, it looks like they could fit Avatar in as the first phase of expansion into the Simba lot. I am personally hoping it goes in that spot over Hollywoodland. And during the recent DL Forward conferences, they alluded to DL Forward being key to Avatar happening which could be a possible hint at it going the Simba lot.
Yeah, I'd imagine Hollywoodland is earmarked as expansion for the Avengers. Whether or not they have plans, who knows, but would be odd to "force" Avatar back there instead of creating a unified area dedicated to the entire franchise. I'd also imagine, Paradise Gardens will eventually be absorbed into Pixar Pier and be the transition area to the DL forward areas.

For locals, how critical is Disneyland Dr. to the area? They're gonna have to redevelop that entire entrance to accommodate an access bridge/tunnel.

For locals, how critical is Disneyland Dr. to the area? They're gonna have to redevelop that entire entrance to accommodate an access bridge/tunnel.
If Disneyland Drive is, as I think, only the stretch of road between Ball and Katella... I'd think, not that critical for anything other than theme park purposes. Most traffic either comes from Ball to Disneyland Drive to get to the parking garages or from Katella to the Toy Story Lots. If you're driving around Anaheim and are trying to get past Disneyland, I have no idea why you'd use Disneyland Drive instead of Harbor (or State College, for that matter).

Interesting to point out in the video I watched discussing DisneylandForward around the 19 minute mark:

Ken Potrock, President of Disneyland, has said that "Avatar is at the top of our priorities." Interesting.

Reactions: TheUniC6
Freshbaked for a while has been saying he thinks Hollywood besides other Disney Forward area's of where Avatar could go

Also I dont know what they are talking about with the hotels, even if they buss stops are gone people will still be able to walk to the parks unlike last parking garage proposal and almost no one is stopping at hotels for coffee's unless your walking, I have never heard of a person driving to a hotel before the parks open for breakfast and then heading to the parks...your missing rope drop

Goofy’s Kitchen is the only example of this I can think of.
Sorry, should have clarified more....hotels as in hotels not on Disney property....besides maybe Mc donalds never heard of someone wasting time walking to a Hotel near by Disney for Coffee/food because its cheaper.

Reactions: Jake S
Sorry, should have clarified more....hotels as in hotels not on Disney property....besides maybe Mc donalds never heard of someone wasting time walking to a Hotel near by Disney for Coffee/food because its cheaper.
Ahh, I’ve got ya. Yeah, if you’re stopping by McDonalds you’re doing that before you park — not after.