August/September Trip Booked & I Can't Wait! | Inside Universal Forums

August/September Trip Booked & I Can't Wait!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 23, 2010
UK
Have booked 3 weeks from 22 August - 12 September from the UK and cannot wait! Originally, the wife and I had booked with British Airways to go 17 September - 08 October, but due to new job commitments these dates couldn't work. As we both knew this would be the last trip to Orlando for a few years we were keen to still go this year and have had to bite the bullet for August so I'm expecting it to be BUSY!! Never been in August, but went in July about 4/5 years ago so know what to expect.

Parents have a Villa just off Champions Gate so will be spending most of our time there, and we have Uni/SW/BGT 14 day ticket so this is ideal. This leaves us with a spare week. The wife wants to do Disney whereas I wouldn't mind popping down to Naples for a few days just to escape the madness that will be the theme parks in August. Compromise?

Actually those weeks shouldn't be too bad here in Orlando. More and more schools here in the U.S. are going back in mid-August, reducing the number of tourists here for those last two weeks. Labor Day weekend (August 29- September 1) will be busy but that first week of September will be DEAD! Now since that is peak hurricane season, the weather could be a bit of a factor, but what's a little wind and rain? :D