Attendance Tracker | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New plane with a new volume of passengers matrix. This is an airline now flying Providence RI/Bergen Norway on 737s. Right now, they only have 787s with range past New England. That is too big but the A321lr isn tjat much bigger than the new 737maxs. It's why Boeing will be announcing a brand new plane program very soon. 200 to 220 passengers with 5000nm range twin aisle but with the economics of new single aisle......supposedly. If these planes perform as promises, thousands of new point to point routes will be possible.

You can take one A321LR and fly it to two to three cities on week that similar in range allowing you pretty much the same arrival time at the European station.

norwegian-presentation-1.jpg

Sorry, I am confusing the convo by using volume over demand.

There is not the demand for this route. Not enough people will want to use the service from EDI to MEM

Sorry, I am confusing the convo by using volume over demand.

There is not the demand for this route. Not enough people will want to use the service from EDI to MEM

You may or may not be right, how much more of a network will Norwegian have to offer for Connections. They are already getting to be buddies with Ryan Air in Dublin. (A much better choice to try something like this) The demand doesn't all have to be from the US side either. Memphis gets quite a few Europeans every year. Data shows they tend to stay on average 3 nights. Study also show many do the Music Triangle (Nashville, Memphis, New Oreleans). No reason Memphis can not be the start/stop point for those. Memphis and New Orleans each have big music fests in May and Nashville later on with Bonnaroo. Music gets loads of internationals at Graceland, Sun Studios, Stax. Get to Beale on the weekend and you'll find it near impossible to not hear foreign accents. River Travel has also boomed and Memphis along with New Orleans are the major start/stop points for those. Viking told Memphis that they would dock two ships at a time at Memphis when they start their cruises. They have ran into a US Law on their boats having to be US built and that's delayed their entry.

Folks come for a variety of things. May to October may very well do ok at 1 to 2 times weekly. Memphis in May honors a different country every year. There is certainly some opportunities there.
I wouldn't be worried about the first year or the second year, it's year 3 that would tell the real tell.

Here is an example of something, today Southwest extent end their schedule for Spring Break 2018. The upped Memphis flights to MCO to 3x daily for Sat and Sun. The cheapest one way for the weekend flights was 139 with the prime time flight fetching 179. 179x2 is 358. So, $358 bucks round trip to London on Southwest or let's say, London/Paris for 400. (Flights between the two being dirt cheap once over there).

He's (Kjos) dropped Memphis out there 3 times over the past 11/2 years, so I guess we'll see. I suspect BA will hit Nashville before Norwegian does. Shocked they didn't get on it this year.

Last edited:
It should never have been in Paris to begin with.

Where would you have stuck a European Park? I'm just curious. Hindsight Spain?

We have a 8 days planned for Paris and France for our month long European trip in 2019. Disneyland Paris isn't one of them but
Puy du Fou is. Truth be told, I rather take a trip in Winter with snow on the ground for a Paris Disneyland visit. There's just not enough unique to make us go when there's Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa Park, ect.. We don't get to Europe often.

Last edited:
I think a news article said they were only down by 0.5 or 0.05 though at WDW. It's Paris that took a 14% dive that's hurting.
This, on the heels of another really excellent quarterly report from Comcast on the Universal theme parks. Big uptick in attendance, revenue (+15.6%), and , most important, guest spending.

Reactions: Coasted
That sure tells you something about overall WDW attendance probably not reaching the lofty Pandora expansion goals.
The blackouts were preparing for IF Pandora were crazy popular. Rolling back is easier than crazy crowd control. Pandora, being a total unknown, was difficult to prepare for. Most signs were pointing towards what has come to pass. But APs and Lifestylers/Social Media folks skew the first 6 months of an expansion.

D23 actually hurt Pandora in that the Lifesylers/Social Media folks are now wanking over Tron, GotG, and ohhh, ugh, unnggghhh, awwwwwwww, SW: Galaxy 7S Edge.

Fortunately, moisture proof.

The blackouts were preparing for IF Pandora were crazy popular. Rolling back is easier than crazy crowd control. Pandora, being a total unknown, was difficult to prepare for. Most signs were pointing towards what has come to pass. But APs and Lifestylers/Social Media folks skew the first 6 months of an expansion.

D23 actually hurt Pandora in that the Lifesylers/Social Media folks are now wanking over Tron, GotG, and ohhh, ugh, unnggghhh, awwwwwwww, SW: Galaxy 7S Edge.

Fortunately, moisture proof.
It was just a couple of months ago that quite a few people were saying that Pandora was going to increase WDW numbers in a Carsland type percentages. I've always been a supporter of Pandora, even from day one, but I always thought it would be more like NFL percentage increases for WDW, a more realistic number. But it's appearing it hasn't even reached that increase level. I think the locals skewed the numbers the first 5 or 6 weeks, but now that it's mostly tourists, reality has set in. Pandora is certainly a beautiful land with one really good attraction and one average attraction. But it's certainly proved it's no Hogsmeade or Diagon. Actually it's sad. I hoped it would have done better in attracting more tourists to come to WDW to experience it. Chemistry just isn't there to pull in people to plan a vacation around it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
I think the fact that there's a lot more foot traffic in Animal Kingdom, visiting Pandora at night, watching Rivers of Light, and spending more money in the restaurants and shops at all times of day now means Pandora and the other additions to make DAK closer to a full day park are a success.

Reactions: Coasted and Nick
I think the fact that there's a lot more foot traffic in Animal Kingdom, visiting Pandora at night, watching Rivers of Light, and spending more money in the restaurants and shops at all times of day now means Pandora and the other additions to make DAK closer to a full day park are a success.
No doubt. It's a success in that regard. But attendance wise, all it did was pull attendance away from DHS & Epcot. AK is definitely a better park now.

No doubt. It's a success in that regard. But attendance wise, all it did was pull attendance away from DHS & Epcot. AK is definitely a better park now.

This is a win for too Disney too as it spreads the crowds, especially at night which are extremely high right now with Happily Ever After at MK, and will be sorely needed during festival times at Epcot and once DHS is down to 4 rides.

The rest of AK is a still ghost town after dark though.

I went when they originally opened night safaris and was struck by how empty the park was. I went again to see Pandora at night on a day AK was at really high attendance... it was the same feeling in the park outside of Pandora.

Nobody, nowhere.

And they're staying to eat at Satuli if anything. None of the rest seems to be benefitting much in foot traffic. Second show of Rivers is half empty.

And before anyone whips out a Safari wait time after dark - they only run safaris at half capacity after dark because of the pacing. It's a shorter ride because they intentionally drive quickly through areas that are gauranteed to have nothing to see st night.

The rest of AK is a still ghost town after dark though.

I went when they originally opened night safaris and was struck by how empty the park was. I went again to see Pandora at night on a day AK was at really high attendance... it was the same feeling in the park outside of Pandora.

Nobody, nowhere.

And they're staying to eat at Satuli if anything. None of the rest seems to be benefitting much in foot traffic. Second show of Rivers is half empty.
Interesting. I did notice that Fastpasses are usually available day of for the night time show, which wasn't the case in April & May. So if the novelty wears off, I wonder how soon after summer season they'll cut the night hours.