Attendance Tracker | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was there a noticeable uptick in Disney attendance the past two weekends since Seasonal blackout dates are over?
Yeah, I'll second what Galaxy Defender said in his post. And I will add to it what I've said previously, nearly every day in August has been significantly below normal at all four WDW parks according to Touring Plans daily crowd calendar. Example: Heck, yesterday Epcot came in at a 2 on the scale (1 to 10 scale with 10 being the highest crowds). (Note: Posted wait times are not a pure determiner of actual attendance, but they are a strong indicator)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Well, each CM got two free tickets that have to be used by September 30th. So that's potentially 130,000 +/- extra guests coming in the next 37 days. On top of that they are giving CMs a 40% merchandise discount as well through September 30th (they usually get the 40% mid October through mid February for the "Cast Holiday Celebration").

Sure looks like they're trying to pad attendance and revenue before the end of the quarter.

Sure looks like they're trying to pad attendance and revenue before the end of the quarter.
Disney gave them cover in the quarterly report by combining domestic numbers. Disneyland took away that cover by giving out their own numbers. Simple math tells us Walt Disney World numbers.

I think this is making wdw much more self-conscious about their numbers.

This time last year Disney looked untouchable...it's great that things are reversing a bit for no other reason that it might speed up investment. Which will keep uni and seaworld even more on their toes. Us themepark fans are the ultimate winners in this situation. I'm hoping Disneys attendance decline continues enough to increase projects.

This time last year Disney looked untouchable...it's great that things are reversing a bit for no other reason that it might speed up investment. Which will keep uni and seaworld even more on their toes. Us themepark fans are the ultimate winners in this situation. I'm hoping Disneys attendance decline continues enough to increase projects.
I believe this decline will spur on the long needed improvements to EPCOT.

I'd be more concerned about the opposite. Cuts, cuts, cuts. It's how WDW gets through tough times.
For Walt Disney World still to be showing a decent profit I've been assuming that these big projects are coming out of a separate budget. After all, wasn't a lot of this approved by the full Disney board? Does anyone know about this?

It is interesting to see cuts and improvements at the same time.

Last edited:
I believe this decline will spur on the long needed improvements to EPCOT.

Yup I also hope for not only a fully fledged phase 3 for DHS, but a review of Toy Story Land and a complete refresh of all entertainment in the park. They also need to make an effort for MKs 50th....Id love a new E ticket. I also hope the feedback indicates AK still doesn't have enough rides to please the masses post Pandora. I'm asking a lot, but they've neglected the place for a decade, so needs must.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Perhaps, but I'm holding out hope now Shanghai is (largely) done for now. You'd hope Uni pushing that third park would provoke some sort of response.
When the Islands of Adventure opened Disney had this big plan to compete with it. The plans were shelved when IOA was not a big success. Disney must know that this new park will be a success. I wonder what their plans will be, above and beyond the current and rumored construction.

When the Islands of Adventure opened Disney had this big plan to compete with it. The plans were shelved when IOA was not a big success. Disney must know that this new park will be a success. I wonder what their plans will be, above and beyond the current and rumored construction.

For me the main benefit of Disney over Uni is 4 parks vs 2. You gotta feel management might get a bit twitchy when it's 4 (2 of them weak) parks vs what might be 3 very strong parks. I don't feel like there's the appetite for a fifth park, but Egos can push a lot of things through. So maybe?

For me the main benefit of Disney over Uni is 4 parks vs 2. You gotta feel management might get a bit twitchy when it's 4 (2 of them weak) parks vs what might be 3 very strong parks. I don't feel like there's the appetite for a fifth park, but Egos can push a lot of things through. So maybe?
If WDW opened a fifth park I think it would be more likely guests would pick and choose from the parks rather than going to all 5. I believe Disney realizes their best bet is to reinvest in their current parks.

If WDW opened a fifth park I think it would be more likely guests would pick and choose from the parks rather than going to all 5. I believe Disney realizes their best bet is to reinvest in their current parks.

Probably. But then the '5 parks' might be what persuades people to stay on site rather than on Universal. So in that case even if those people visited just 4 of the 5, it's better than them visiting 0-3 Disney parks if they stay at Uni.

But then I'm not knowledgable on the travel patterns of US guests. I come over from the UK and hit everything I can for 2 or 3 weeks. This next trip I'm planning 9 days at Disney, 6 Uni and 5 Seaworld group.

Cabana Bay has been a game changer. Cheaper then every single Disney hotel, and offering facilities matching and exceeding Disneys Moderates. More of the same will shake Disney.
The Disney value resorts are cute, but they're motels not hotels. Too bad Universal is running out of space on the main property. I will be very interested to see what they do with the WnW property.