Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Loki S2 is very much like Ezra Miller and The Flash with DC. It's in the can and I doubt even if he was recast they'd be able to reshoot everything and it would cost a crap ton of money to do if they did reshoot all of his scenes.

IF Majors is let go from the MCU and they recast Kang, I almost think it's more likely Loki S2 never sees the light of day then they release it with Majors in it in a prominent role.

I think there was a movie where they had to CGI Kevin spacey's face with another actor ( so the movie remained intact but they just replaced the head of the actor or something)
Makes me wonder if studios are gonna have to think of ways of doing stuff like that eventually with any project and any actor.
It sounds really wild to do that, but I wonder how would everyone feel about it.

I think there was a movie where they had to CGI Kevin spacey's face with another actor ( so the movie remained intact but they just replaced the head of the actor or something)
Makes me wonder if studios are gonna have to think of ways of doing stuff like that eventually with any project and any actor.
It sounds really wild to do that, but I wonder how would everyone feel about it.
That's a sticky situation because just doing a CGI face onto another actor... Majors would have a good argument to still get paid and be credited since that's technically his performance and they just put someone's face over his.

Either way, I think we should just wait to see how this plays out before running wild with these scenarios. There's also potential victims that have come forward and if they really were harmed by him than that's really where we should be putting our energy first and foremost. Worry about the MCU later.

Just recast the guy. He’s only recognizable to people who watched Loki and people who can remember anything that happened in Quantumania—which is to say, not as many people as those who saw Iron Man 1 and the original Rhodey. He as an actor is not that critical IMO; not to the degree of one of the main movie protagonists.

Reactions: belloq87
Just recast the guy. He’s only recognizable to people who watched Loki and people who can remember anything that happened in Quantumania—which is to say, not as many people as those who saw Iron Man 1 and the original Rhodey. He as an actor is not that critical IMO; not to the degree of one of the main movie protagonists.
He has his first court date set for May 8th. I suspect Disney is going to wait it out a bit and see what happens going forward since they do have a lot invested in him - not just in the MCU, but Searchlight just bought the movie Magazine Dreams which he stars in and was considered an early favorite for Best Actor. Now Disney has a problem with that movie as well. I assume they'll simply dump it and it'll lose money, but they bought it at Sundance with hopes of winning major awards.

I do think in the end he will be dropped by Disney from the MCU because it's just not worth the trouble to deal with his issues. I do like that idea of John Boyega as Kang. Whoever they would potentially pick as a recast needs to be charming, menacing, and also physically imposing all at once.

Spider-Man clearly shows that multiversal versions of the same person can look different.
Well, except we saw about a million Kang's in Ant-Man 3 and they all looked like Majors lol. That's Kang's thing is that he's essentially the same person in every Universe.

It's probably best (if they end up recasting) to just recast and not even address it much like Rhodey and like i'm sure will be the case with Harrison Ford as Thunderbolt Ross. Just move on like nothing happened. The theatrical only audience only saw him in one project anyway.

I can't think of another actor that brings that kind of presence Majors did. Maybe Lakeith Stanfield, but he doesn't have the size. Yahya Abdul-Mateen would've been great but IDK what the Aquaman sitch is, and if he would wanna jump into another comic book role so quickly. I don't know about Boyega but I wouldn't write it off since he is a good actor.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I can't think of another actor that brings that kind of presence Majors did. Maybe Lakeith Stanfield, but he doesn't have the size. Yahya Abdul-Mateen would've been great but IDK what the Aquaman sitch is, and if he would wanna jump into another comic book role so quickly. I don't know about Boyega but I wouldn't write it off since he is a good actor.
Yeah, he has amazing range and I think Disney/Marvel was really counting on that when portraying the different Kang's because he could bring something new to each version while still have a charming, menacing and physically imposing nature to him. I have to think this is already being talked about in the halls of Marvel for if recasting is necessary (and imo it's looking like it will be), who do they go after?

Recasting is simple for the future but Loki season 2 is impossible to remake and Kang is very very involved in it. Kinda Reminds me of when George Lucas couldn't erase anything from episode 1 in 1999 lol. ( When they saw the first cut and George Lucas was saying to the studio that nothing can be cut or changed from episode 1 it's all connected like poetry lol)

So for right now, right now I really wanna see Loki season 2 but at the same time I can't imagine what Disney will choose.
And they might not be able to shelf Loki season 2 if the story is important for the future. What if season 2 has a big part of this new marvel era. What if it can't be shelved.

Recasting is simple for the future but Loki season 2 is impossible to remake and Kang is very very involved in it. Kinda Reminds me of when George Lucas couldn't erase anything from episode 1 in 1999 lol. ( When they saw the first cut and George Lucas was saying to the studio that nothing can be cut or changed from episode 1 it's all connected like poetry lol)

So for right now, right now I really wanna see Loki season 2 but at the same time I can't imagine what Disney will choose.
And they might not be able to shelf Loki season 2 if the story is important for the future. What if season 2 has a big part of this new marvel era. What if it can't be shelved.
If Loki has to be released with Majors in it then they have to do that. Kinda like how Ezra Miller can't be replaced as The Flash since the movie has been filmed for a long time. Sometimes things simply can't be changed and you need to ride it out. Release Loki S2, make a statement that that is the last project you have with Majors in the role and you had no choice but to release it due to how involved he was if it comes to this in terms of a potential recasting.

Yeah I dont think they need to refilm a whole TV series…that can still be enjoyed with context in the same way House of Cards, Silicon Valley, etc. can today.

I’m just saying those three projects he’s involved in are so small (relative to the MCU as a whole) that a recasting wouldn’t be catastrophic.

Hot take: he wasn’t that great. He blended in with the rest of the bland, vanilla nothing that was Ant Man 3.

Hot take: he wasn’t that great. He blended in with the rest of the bland, vanilla nothing that was Ant Man 3.
You’re certainly entitled to that opinion, but a majority of movie-goers would disagree with that, including myself. I thought he was a stand-out in a rather OK film.

We are so close to that bojack horseman plotline of using AI and CGI to replace actors while using only their motion sim to avoid problematic people lol

• Haha
You’re certainly entitled to that opinion, but a majority of movie-goers would disagree with that, including myself. I thought he was a stand-out in a rather OK film.
That’s what makes the take hot and spicy ;)
Although I think I worded myself poorly…I said he blended in, as in the movie around him was so poor that it brought him down too. But I could also make a case for the movie being so underwhelming that any semblance of a notable performance would’ve seemed elevated. Either way, I don’t think he’s irreplaceable at all.
for what it's worth, they did refilm an incredible amount of "all the money in the world" to replace Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer. so, it's not unheard of.
You know, with how much of these movies are filmed on green screen, and with MCU scenes being filmed with characters that have never met before appearing right alongside each other, this is probably a more realistic option than ever.

So a potential other problem for Disney is that, according to Variety, supposedly it is thought that Majors met the woman who came out against him while on the set of Quantumania as she was part of the crew. If so, the mouse could actually get dragged fully into court proceedings.

• Sad
Thought this was an interesting thing to point out - John Boyega has replaced Jonathan Majors in the past to extremely positive results in a smaller indie film that was aiming at awards contention. I really think if a recasting needs to happen, he's the first one i'm getting in touch with if i'm Kevin Feige.

Yeah I dont think they need to refilm a whole TV series…that can still be enjoyed with context in the same way House of Cards, Silicon Valley, etc. can today.

I’m just saying those three projects he’s involved in are so small (relative to the MCU as a whole) that a recasting wouldn’t be catastrophic.

I liked Kang a lot in Loki season 1. At the end of Loki 1, I liked him in the desk talking to Loki. I did like that version of Kang. He was bretty good

But, I already said it earlier here, but yeah. I really didn't care much for Kang in ant man 3. He was better in Loki. Kang in ant man 3 felt underused ironically, and his plot was kinda generic. I didn't feel the threat from him that the movie wanted me to feel. He wasn't scary like Thanos.
Even the 3 Kang in the end credits scenes felt more menacing. Those did feel more serious.
I just think the writing in ant man 3 was so awful.