Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The way Spiderman was portrayed in costume was probably the closest any film has gotten to the comics. I'd also disagree with the removal of the Everyman feeling. Richard Parker coded the spider DNA with his own not to make Peter destined but to prevent catastrophe. Everything about Peter being bitten is still coincidence and not destiny.

Personally I prefer the chance encounter with a mutated Spider like in the other trilogy..but to each there own I guess...my real problem with this film was the unnecessary length due to the amount of stuff they tried to cram in..

Also the X-men trailer at the end leads me to believe that the days of 'next movie' teasers at the end of the movie are now dead as the movie companies have caught on..I felt very cheated..

Oh and Green Goblin looks like he had a tussle with a Party City vampire and werewolf costume with a bottle of super glue thrown in for good measure..

Personally I prefer the chance encounter with a mutated Spider like in the other trilogy..but to each there own I guess...my real problem with this film was the unnecessary length due to the amount of stuff they tried to cram in..

Also the X-men trailer at the end leads me to believe that the days of 'next movie' teasers at the end of the movie are now dead as the movie companies have caught on..I felt very cheated..

Oh and Green Goblin looks like he had a tussle with a Party City vampire and werewolf costume with a bottle of super glue thrown in for good measure..

The x men teaser was a contract clause in order to get Webb as the director. Webb was signed on with fox for another film and in order to get out of that to do the amazing spiderman, that was a stipulation

The x men teaser was a contract clause in order to get Webb as the director. Webb was signed on with fox for another film and in order to get out of that to do the amazing spiderman, that was a stipulation
I was not aware of the contract there..so thank you...I however still believe it to be rather cheap..also Webb has me worried for X-men, just saying..

*Spoiler - Beware*

I watched it last Friday at Universal, and I'm absolutely surprised so many people dislike this film. I loved every bit of it, well, except Rhino at the end. Not only because Rhino's my least favorite villain of Spider-Man, but also because his appearance was completely pointless IMO.

I love how they managed to keep the resemblance to comic book events (such as Spider-Man's personality, which, IMO, was never achieved in any of the Raimi films; and how Gwen died, as well as the Green Goblin playing a role somehow in Gwen's death). The twists they added were great too (Gwen dies in the clock tower instead of the typical bridge scene, as well as Max Dillon's backstory. I thought from the looks of it, Max had some kind of disability, so I felt bad that they made him into Electro. I guess I'm one of the only ones who like the backstory for Electro in this film :p). In my opinion, I give this film a MINIMUM B+, and maximum an A.

Last edited: