A Celebration of Harry Potter | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

A Celebration of Harry Potter

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Having not paid attention, I did not notice that they have apparently not shown a great interest in creating an annual convention-like event. Is the interest just not there, or is this more a decision of WB and/or JKR?

Possibly because the fandom already manages its own very successful conventions.

Do you guys think the full package is worth it? Should one just get regular park tickets and hope for the best?

Possibly because the fandom already manages its own very successful conventions.

Yeah, I guess I presumed that it would be worth it to shutter the WW to the GP at 7pm every night and keep it open only to convention guests. Perhaps they do not have enough room(s) on property for such a potentially large convention.

Got an e-mail about this.

I definitely think it's geared towards a younger crowd and/or die hard fans.
Nothing extremely exciting and I think they're gearing up for a Diagon Alley announcement.

A casual fan who just appreciates the crafting and hard work of WWoHP I don't think will get much out of this.

Last edited:
The new AP e-mail newsletter came in today, and it mentioned some new details of the HP Celebration:

"Come and Celebrate All of Harry's Adventures
January 24 - 26, 2014

A Celebration of Harry Potter

This exciting event will be three days of unforgettable fun for all ages, set against the backdrop of two amazing theme parks.

The weekend kicks off with a Harry Potter™ Tribute on Friday evening at Universal Studios® on the Music Plaza stage, featuring film clips and Q&A sessions with select cast members. Plus, throughout the weekend, you'll enjoy a range of interactive experiences:
• Try on The Sorting Hat™ from Harry Potter™: The Exhibition
• Get an exclusive first look at artwork not yet released on Pottermore.com – the interactive website from J.K. Rowling
• Ask questions of cast members in Q&A sessions and meet the people behind the graphics in the films and the designers of the props in the park
• Learn proper duelling techniques from Wand Combat Choreographer Paul Harris
• And More!
In addition, guests of the event will be the first to hear exclusive news about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ - Diagon Alley™.

All daytime activities are included with your Annual Pass. Select event activities are on a first come, first served basis.

Discover More >
"

(Full ePassport for Annual Passholders)

It kind of sucks that the kick-off event will be at the Music Plaza stage (USF concerts stage in front of Rockit). Standing and in the cold will not be as nice as last time when they held the panels at the Toon Lagoon theater, which was semi-indoors and with seats.

PS: Shouldn't this thread be moved over to the Universal Miscellaneous or the Universal Events sub-forum?

Hi! Does anyone have thoughts whether this weekend, January 17-19, a holiday weekend, or next weekend with the HP event would be an overall busier weekend? Or if either weekend would be better than the other if there were no plans to attend any of the HP events? Thank you for any advice!

I know hotel pricing and availability, it was definitely busier and more expensive that weekend, I got mine for the following weekend and got a hotel at a great price. It wont be as busy and antojitos should be open!

Did anybody go to this event last year? I'm going this year so I'd like to have an idea on crowds for Friday.

I went last year, but this year's event looks different, so I'm not sure what to expect. Last year they originally set it up so that, in order to attend, you'd have to either buy the vacation package or "win" the chance to go to one of the panels through an Annual Pass lottery. Then turns out they would just let anyone in on a first come first serve basis after they seated all the vacation people and AP lottery winners. This year, from the get go, it's known that anyone who can get in the park can attend. Yet, we only know the "opening" will happen at the music plaza in Universal Studios. No info on panel locations or anything yet. I wish they would release a schedule or something already... We're only a few days away! The "Discover More" button on the official website goes around in circles to the same two information-less pages. This is one of the reasons why I'm undecided about going this year.

Hi! Does anyone have thoughts whether this weekend, January 17-19, a holiday weekend, or next weekend with the HP event would be an overall busier weekend? Or if either weekend would be better than the other if there were no plans to attend any of the HP events? Thank you for any advice!

As far as crowds in the next couple of weekends, like I said, who knows how many people this event will actually attract and even if there's lots of people going to it, it might not impact the attractions if the main focus for attendees will be the panels and events related to the HP celebration, so it's unpredictable. As far as this holiday weekend (for MLK day), I think it should be pretty busy. Between the two, I'd personally go to the HP Celebration weekend if I had the choice, but yeah, it doesn't mean there will actually be less crowds. Now, like Hansgraubardp suggested, the following weekend is most likely better than either of those, in terms of crowds. Whatever you chose, hope you have a good time! :thumbs:

This is the schedule I received with today's media invite:

JANUARY 24:

7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Harry Potter Tribute
Universal Studios Florida
Music Plaza Stage

January 25:

9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.: Harry Potter Expo open
Universal Studios Florida
Soundstage 33

10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: My Life on a Film Set: Talent Q&As
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Go Behind the Scenes of Pottermore.com
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: My Life on a Film Set: Talent Q&As
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.: Duelling Demonstration & Wand Combat Masterclass
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

4:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Private Duelling Demonstration with Paul Harris
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.: Private Event
Islands of Adventure
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

January 26:

10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Bringing the Harry Potter Films to the Theme Park –
Set and Prop Design of
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Duelling Demonstration & Wand Combat Masterclass
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.: Graphic Design of the Harry Potter Films with MinaLima
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.: My Life on a Film Set: Talent Q&As
Islands of Adventure
Toon Amphitheater

Reactions: Felipe
seth whats the private event? and what we saw in the podcast the gringotts set was said to be in the soundstage? when will you guys be able to see that this weekend?