Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

4 More Magic Kingdom Restaurants to Serve Alcohol

The way I see it, fans generally preach Walt as someone who pushed for change and wasn't afraid of it. It's been 60+ years since Disneyland opened... I don't think this is an egregious change. It's only being served in 5 total restaurants in the parks (most of which you need reservations well in advance), so it's not like if you want to get drunk, you're heading to MK. This is just a way to serve it in a tasteful manner from my eyes.

The day they start rolling beer carts down main street (or in general) is the day they've crossed the line, imo.

The hotels can't be too happy about this. They get a lot of those day drinkers who can't make it through a whole day with their kids without a drink. I've seen a lot of them going in and out of the hotels on the monorail dragging a kid with one hand and holding a drink in the other.

The hotels can't be too happy about this. They get a lot of those day drinkers who can't make it through a whole day with their kids without a drink. I've seen a lot of them going in and out of the hotels on the monorail dragging a kid with one hand and holding a drink in the other.
It's literally 5 restaurants that are nearly always booked solid anyway. It's not like drunks will be running rampant throughout the MK streets and it's very likely people will still try to sneak alcohol in since they can't take the alcohol out of the restaurants or buy it from a cart. People have been spiking their Dole Whips for decades.

Count me as someone who'd prefer alcohol to stay out of the Magic Kingdom. I'm fine with it at the other WDW parks, but since the MK is essentially designed as a playground for the kiddies, I'd rather see it stay dry. Having said that, it's not something I'm terribly concerned about.
We all like to try to figure out what Walt would have wanted. The reality is he only ever designed one park and in a very different time period. I think the one thing that we can absolutely take away from Walt's idea of what he wanted out of a park was that he didn't want a "kiddie park". Most of the remaining designers understood this concept and felt so strongly that that was what made Disneyland and all other parks designed after it special so much so that they put this quote on a plaque in the center of the park.I think if there's anything at all that would cause Walt to roll in his grave it's the idea of his park becoming a "kiddie park", which unfortunately with many of the recent changes it has been moving in that direction.
quotes-by-walt-disney.jpg

Problem is, many people interpret that quote to mean "People without kids can go F themselves!" - Walt Disney.

While it's not the only Walt quote with an F bomb, it's not what he meant. ("What the F is that and why is it in MY park?!" is my favorite Walt f-bomb.)

i would imagine Disney would have some rights to the use of these characters in Orlando, Grimm or not. Otherwise there would be tons of people trying to copy cat.