24 Hour Party & Frozen Summer Fun Announced | Inside Universal Forums

24 Hour Party & Frozen Summer Fun Announced

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Officially confirmed on the Parks Blog. Will serve as a promo of sorts for the Frozen Summer Fun event, which will be happening again at DHS June 17-September 7.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...lest-summer-ever-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

As for the Frozen Summer Fun line-up, the main components will all be back from last year, minus Oakens as the TSMM expansion is obviously happening there now:

• Frozen Fireworks - nightly firework spectacular also featuring Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf on stage.
  • Royal Frozen Processional - daily cavalcade featuring the characters from Frozen.
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration.
  • Olaf’s Summer Cool Down - on stage appearances by Olaf on the event stage throughout the day.
  • Hot “Frozen” Nights DJ Dance Party at the event stage nightly.

Interesting to note that it doesn't look like Disneyland and DCA will be taking part in the 24 hour party.

Best comment I've seen regarding the announcement:
Yup. Totally agreed. Not sure if Disney would be contractually allowed to do it or not (I think they are), but a Big Hero 6 themed SOMETHING would've been nice. I mean, the movie was no slouch at the box office and just won an Oscar.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can we fix this thread title? It's a bit misleading as Frozen Summer Fun and the 24 hour party are two separate things.

Good lord give it up. Atleast make a relevant tie in like the monsters university all nighter. The theme never really matters in these kinds og events anyways but after frozen summer fun lasting 3/4 of the year, a Christmas themed celebration and now this, you can't help but be sick of it

Can someone post all the Frozen events / up charges/ holidays/ promos? I really think we need to see all of them posted in order to prove a point here. Someone help please.

Can someone post all the Frozen events / up charges/ holidays/ promos? I really think we need to see all of them posted in order to prove a point here. Someone help please.
I have a bit of time on my hand this afternoon... may be able to give a try at this. It may take awhile though :lol:

Frozen at WDW:

• Anna & Elsa debuted shortly at DHS, then moved to Epcot before the film came out. Five hour waits were seen on NYE.
  • Anna & Elsa moved to Princess Fairytale hall. Three hour waits were seen initially and is still one of the first faspasses to "sell out".
  • "Frozen Summer Fun" - The 2014 version of this event was thrown together in mere days and it showed. Hopefully we see a drastic increase in quality this year. Lots of VIP packages were sold for this event.
  • Maelstrom closes for a Frozen ride and Meet & Greet (on an expansion pad) in the Norway pavilion.
  • Frozen themed VIP seating was sold at DHS during the Osborne Lights this past year
  • Frozen themed 24 hour event and the return of Frozen Summer Fun in 2015
  • The Frozen Sing-a-long has stuck around from last year's Frozen Summer Fun as well.

Frozen in mainstream:

• Broadway show announced
  • Frozen on Ice
  • Behind the scenes special on ABC
  • Christmas Day Parade name changed to be themed to Frozen
  • Endlessly sending Idina Menzel out to die to sing "Let It Go"
  • "Frozen Fever" in front of Cinderella

There's probably a lot more, but that's the main stuff. "Frozen Fun" was announced for the cruise ships this summer and they've done quite a bit at DLR as well. Tokyo also announced an addition, but at least that will be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Based on quick searches:

Frozen Ride
Frozen M&G at Epcot, then MK
Frozen Summer Fun (Now Frozen All-Season Fun) with Frozen Fireworks
Frozen 5K
Frozen at Flower & Garden
Frozen Holiday Wish
Frozen Christmas Day Parade
Frozen Gingerbread Display
Special Edition MagicBands & Treats
Frozen Blu-Ray Release Celebration at DTD
Frozen Sing Along at DTD
Frozen-inspired Art Gallery at Epcot
Frozen added to Celebrate the Magic

and that's just WDW. If we count resort wide you can added in World of Color Winter Dreams, Frozen Skating at DL's Downtown District and Frozen packages for DCL.

Frozen in mainstream:

• Frozen on Ice

Don't forget shoehorning Frozen into Once Upon a Time.

Frozen at WDW:

• Anna & Elsa debuted shortly at DHS, then moved to Epcot before the film came out. Five hour waits were seen on NYE.
  • Anna & Elsa moved to Princess Fairytale hall. Three hour waits were seen initially and is still one of the first faspasses to "sell out".
  • "Frozen Summer Fun" - The 2014 version of this event was thrown together in mere days and it showed. Hopefully we see a drastic increase in quality this year. Lots of VIP packages were sold for this event.
  • Maelstrom closes for a Frozen ride and Meet & Greet (on an expansion pad) in the Norway pavilion.
  • Frozen themed VIP seating was sold at DHS during the Osborne Lights this past year
  • Frozen themed 24 hour event and the return of Frozen Summer Fun in 2015
  • The Frozen Sing-a-long has stuck around from last year's Frozen Summer Fun as well.

Frozen in mainstream:

• Frozen on Ice

There's probably a lot more, but that's the main stuff. "Frozen Fun" was announced for the cruise ships this summer and they've done quite a bit at DLR as well. Tokyo also announced an addition, but at least that will be worthwhile.

Based on quick searches:

Frozen Ride
Frozen M&G at Epcot, then MK
Frozen Summer Fun (Now Frozen All-Season Fun) with Frozen Fireworks
Frozen 5K
Frozen at Flower & Garden
Frozen Holiday Wish
Frozen Christmas Day Parade
Frozen Gingerbread Display
Special Edition MagicBands & Treats
Frozen Blu-Ray Release Celebration at DTD
Frozen Sing Along at DTD
Frozen-inspired Art Gallery at Epcot
Frozen added to Celebrate the Magic

and that's just WDW. If we count resort wide you can added in World of Color Winter Dreams, Frozen Skating at DL's Downtown District and Frozen packages for DCL.

Don't forget shoehorning Frozen into Once Upon a Time.

Keep it going were missing stuff, I want EVERYTHING listed in one post, broken down by theme parks and then by rest...

I dunno, the terrific reviews of Cinderella may have the little princess lovers looking elsewhere very soon. Keep an eye on the box-office!

It will be interesting to see Disney walk that tightrope should it happen.

I'm at Disneyland as we speak and you know what? Besides a tiny section of an already deserted area of Cali adventure, no frozen anywhere. No giant ass meet and greet line, no attraction planned, no nothing. Life is good on the west coast man

I'm at Disneyland as we speak and you know what? Besides a tiny section of an already deserted area of Cali adventure, no frozen anywhere. No giant ass meet and greet line, no attraction planned, no nothing. Life is good on the west coast man

Now that is interesting Cole. I had not wondered about it before.

That stuff didn't last very long out there. They redid that entire area in Hollywood and then it virtually disappeared over night. And they say Californians don't have any taste.....By the way Cole, how's your trip so far? Did you ride Indiana Jones yet? I've always thought that would be one of my favorite rides if I ever had the chance to ride it.